Eggs - one of the most useful for food products. Their constant use is the prevention of many diseases. This is the only food product that is absorbed in the body by 98 percent and does not leave toxins in the intestine. It is important to eat only fresh eggs. To do this, you must be able to accurately determine their freshness.
How to identify a rotten egg: ways
Our ancestors also learned how to define freshness without breaking the shell. It is not at all difficult to do, and it takes little time.
- Before purchasing an egg, you need to take it in your hand and shake it. Inside the fresh product, no dangling will be heard. But if the egg is already rotten, then its yolk will hang inside the shell.
- If the product is fresh, then its surface will be dull. The surface of the old egg is shiny.
- You can measure your tongue with the temperature of the egg, first putting it with a blunt end and then sharp. A stale product has the same temperature from 2 sides, while a fresh one has a blunt end that is warmer than sharp. But you should not check eggs in a store or on the market this way, it is better to do this at home after they have been thoroughly washed.
- In a glass, you need to make a saline solution and put an egg in it. If the egg is fresh, then it will immediately sink to the very bottom. If the blunt side of the egg rises, forming an angle of 45 degrees relative to the bottom of the glass, then it is about 8-10 days. If the egg becomes vertical at the bottom, with the blunt side up, then it will be from 12-14 days. And if it floats, it is already rotten and it is more than 15 days old.
- The following method for determining egg freshness is called dietary. Before selling, eggs on farms are labeled and sorted. The freshest ones are dietary ones, marked with the date of receipt on the counter, and the older ones simply put a blue print.
- In the old product, there is more air, because it dries out, so by weight it is much lighter.
- When ultraviolet radiography, a fresh egg will have a red tint, the aging ones will fade and have a pale lilac shade.
- You can still clean the boiled egg. Fresh ones are always harder to clean, but from the old shells quickly go away.
How to check the egg on the embryo?
In addition to the fact that the egg can be rotten, it still has an embryo. To test the eggs on the embryo, it can be viewed in a beam of bright light, in which case it will look like a small dark spot. In poultry farms, a special device, the ovoscope, is used for this, and the process itself has the name ovoscoping and it is carried out for 6-7 days of incubation.
Also, when checking the eggs on the embryo, you need to pay attention to the location and mobility of its yolk. The egg, which is suitable for incubation, has a yolk, which occupies a central position, and its boundaries are fuzzy. On all sides, it is immersed in protein and located a little closer to the blunt end.
Choosing an egg for a bookmark in the incubator
Breeding domestic chickens is not as simple as it seems at first glance. An important role here is played by the choice of eggs for laying in the incubator.
Eggs from healthy birds and from farms, where there is not even suspicion of any infectious disease, can be used for these purposes.
Then you need to pay attention to the shape of the egg. Elongated, pear-shaped or almost round will not work, because this form indicates genetic abnormalities and an unhealthy chick can hatch from them. Eggs with cracks in the shell, roughness, thickening or microcracks, also need to be set aside. The most ideal for laying in an incubator is a clean, fresh egg, the shell of which has a uniform color and texture.
Now it's time to check the egg with a catcher. In principle, this can be done by enlightening it to the light through a sheet of paper, if a dark spot is reflected on it, then it is fertilized. The simplest ovoscope operates according to the same principle - it is similar in shape to a hammer, only in the place where the hammer has a nozzle, a light bulb is placed next to the ovoscope.
With the help of such a device one can see the location of the air chamber, the air balloon through which the germ is supplied with oxygen. This balloon is at the blunt end of the egg and should not exceed 1.5 cm. If the chamber is larger, then the egg was demolished many days before incubation, and this may adversely affect hatchability.
The yolk should have a fuzzy contours and be located approximately in the center. He may be mobile, but quite a bit. Eggs with 2 yolks and with a displaced center of the yolk should be immediately rejected, since those in which there are foreign inclusions and blotches.
After a week after the egg has been placed in the incubator, it must be checked again with an ovoscope. If after this period the view remains the same, then this is a bad sign, because during this time the chicken should have a heartbeat and a circulatory system. If the vessels are not visible during the scanning of the egg, then the embryo is dead and this egg should be removed from the incubator.
If the egg was infected with mold, then at the 1st translucence it will be hard to see, but if you repeat it again, it will immediately be revealed. On the 11th day, it is possible to perform the 3rd procedure of ovoscopy, the circulatory system by this time should already be well formed and extend to the whole egg.
A couple of days before the proposed chickens hatch, the entire sharp end of the egg should be completely filled, and the air chamber should not exceed 1/3 of the total volume. If the protein remains in the sharp end, then it is better to place such an egg separately. Their incubation period is extended, but often chickens do not hatch at all.
By the way, before laying the eggs in the incubator, it is impossible to wipe them and clean them of fluff, because everyone has protection in the form of a nadkorlupnoy film, which, in turn, has bactericidal properties. Therefore, rubbing an egg can simply wipe it off and leave the germ unprotected.
If you have any doubts about the freshness of the eggs you purchased, then do not be lazy and check them at home. This is very important, because a rotten egg can cause intoxication and other health problems.