The beneficial properties of ginger root have long been known.. It is used both in cooking and in medicine. Ginger-based drinks are very popular. They are not only tasty, but also wonderfully help with colds and coughs, promote weight loss, strengthen the immune system. Important brew ginger, to save all its benefits.
How to brew ginger?
Residents of the countries of the East, who have used ginger root as a seasoning since antiquity, noticed the healing properties of this plant. Eating ginger not only improves mood and boosts immunity, but also lowers blood sugar levels, helps with colds, intestinal cramps, nausea and flatulence, speeds up metabolism, and even relieves pain during menstruation.
This is not surprising, because ginger root - a real treasure of useful substances. It contains essential oils, vitamins of group B, ascorbic acid, zinc, potassium, calcium, iron.
From ginger you can make not only healthy, but also pleasant to the taste, aromatic with spicy "peppercorn" drink. For brewing use both fresh and powdered ginger root.
- The classic way to make ginger drinkvery simple. You need to take a small piece of the root, grate it to grate, to get about 2 tbsp. l Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and let stand for 10-15 minutes under the lid. If youuse ginger powder for cooking, then for the same volume of water it is necessary not more than a teaspoon. Moreover, the brewing time is reduced to 5 minutes.
- If you need to cook more concentrated drink, Then boil water in a scoop or small saucepan and put grated ginger into it. Tomit a drink on a slow fire for at least 15 minutes. Then hold on for a few more minutes, increasing the fire. Strain the resulting broth.
- Traditionally, lemon juice and honey are added to the ginger root drink.. It is best to do this when the drink has cooled down a bit to preserve the beneficial properties of these ingredients. But you can experiment, adding to your ginger drink your favorite herbs or herbal preparations.
- Plain tea (black or green), can also be brewed with ginger. To do this, a tablespoon of grated root or a teaspoon of powder is added to the kettle along with brewing and infused for 20-30 minutes.
- To brew ginger, it is not necessary to grate it. Simply cut into slices 10-12 g of the root, put in a cup and pour boiling water.
- Ginger is necessary not only to brew properly, but also to store. Remember that fresh notched need to store root in the refrigerator, wrapped in cling film. The shelf life of the product in this form - no more than a week. You can increase the safety of ginger up to a month if dry in the sun and store in a cool place in a paper bag. Do not forget that before drinking dry root it must be soaked in cold water for 10 hours.
How to brew ginger root for weight loss?
In the fight against extra pounds ginger tea - a great help. It speeds up the metabolism, improves digestion, boosts overall body tone and dulls hunger.
For weight loss you can drink ginger tea according to any recipe you like. But there are a special drink that maximizes weight loss. To make it, take a small piece of ginger root and a clove of garlic. Cut the ingredients into slices, pour 2 liters of boiling water. Insist drinking half an hour, strain. It is best to drink this slimming tea before meals.
See also: How to brew tea with ginger?
It is important to consider that in the fight against excess weight, you must abandon the ginger drink sweetened with sugar and follow the diet shown to you. Be sure to follow the measure in the use of ginger tea. In large quantities, it can cause an upset stomach.
How to brew tea with ginger for treating colds?
Ginger root drink is indispensable for colds.. It relieves cough and sore throat, improves immunity, helps reduce fever. Ginger is not inferior to garlic with its beneficial properties in the fight against viruses, but it does not have an unpleasant odor.
Depending on the situation, we can recommend various methods of brewing ginger for treating colds.
- To prepare warming drink, You will need 2 tbsp. l grated ginger root, 0.5 liters of freshly brewed green tea, 3 tsp. honey, half a lemon and 2 pods of cardamom. Strain brewed green tea, put in a small bowl on a slow fire. Put ginger and cardamom and bring to a boil. After that, keep the drink on fire for at least 20 minutes. Strain, add honey and lemon juice. This tea can drink both hot and chilled.
- For cooking refreshing ginger drink Take 1.5 liters of water, 3-4 tablespoons of grated ginger root, 5 teaspoons of honey, half an orange juice and a sprig of mint. Put grated ginger in a glass jar and pour boiling water over it. Wrap a towel and let it brew for 10-15 minutes. Then add honey, orange juice and mint. Leave the infusion for another twenty minutes. Best of all this drink eat hot.
- For treatment dry cough is best suited prepared in the classical way a drink of ginger, brewed with boiling water, with the addition of lemon and honey. Cough with sputum helps heal infusion of ginger root in milk with the addition of honey.
Contraindications to the use of ginger
Ginger root has active properties, so in some cases it is worth refraining from using it. Ginger drink is contraindicated people suffering from hypertension, gallstone disease, gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer. Give up tea with ginger during the exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as in the last months of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
For more information on the topic, see the article Ginger: useful properties and recipes.
The best thing consult a doctor before drinking ginger tea and enjoy your favorite drink only with benefits!