This representative of red fish, which is mistakenly considered white, belongs to the category of delicatessen products. Sturgeon does not often appear on our tables, if not to talk about its use as a snack; but the true magnificence of the king-fish is revealed in hot dishes.
Therefore, each housewife must have a recipe for soup, or sturgeon cooked entirely in the oven - then her skills will definitely not go unnoticed.
How to prepare the product?
The most gentle and soft fish is obtained weighing up to 3 kg, taking into account the head and tail. This is especially important if you plan to cook baked whole sturgeon, and not cut into pieces. And, of course, it must be fresh, not have a strong or sour smell. The fish should be well washed, cleaned of scales and spikes along the ridge, for which it is recommended to first scald it with boiling water. After this, it is necessary to remove the gills, open the belly, remove the entrails and wash again.
- Taking into account the fact that the sturgeon meat is sweet, in itself, it already has a pronounced taste, professionals do not advise to collect all possible spices and seasonings: sometimes just enough salt and black pepper. It is also good to emphasize his personality can thyme, garlic, parsley.
- If you do not have the ability to come up with a complicated marinade, use lime or lemon, the juice of which you can sprinkle on as well as a raw sliced carcass, and already cooked. It is noteworthy that in the most popular recipe for sturgeon in the oven from Julia Vysotskaya (which she focused on any fish), except for lemon, only parsley, parmesan and olive oil are listed, in which the fish is breaded and baked under the crust.
Before sending the sturgeon to a baking sheet or grill, process the outside of the carcass with olive oil. But this advice is relevant only for marinades that do not contain fat: for example, on the basis of vinegar or fruit / berry juices.
How to bake the sturgeon in the oven?
So, the fish is selected, cleaned and washed, and now comes the most important point: bringing to readiness. Here, too, there are several important nuances that can not be ignored. For their demonstration, we picked up a basic recipe, which you can easily modify to your liking.
- Sturgeon - 2.5 kg
- Tomato paste - 200 ml
- Dry white wine - 100 ml
- Garlic cloves - 4 pcs.
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- Salt coarse, ground black pepper - to taste
- Thyme - 1 tsp.
- Lemon - 1/2 pcs.
- Rub the cleaned and gutted carcass with a mixture of salt and pepper, pour lemon juice from the inside and outside, wrap in parchment and place on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Approximate exposure time - 2.5-3 hours.
- Mix tomato paste and white wine, as well as a pinch of thyme and chopped garlic. Treat this mixture with fish from the inside. Outside, grease it with olive oil.
- You can first fry it on all sides in a dry hot frying pan, and then transfer it to a grid in an oven heated to 190 degrees, where the "grill" mode is on. For full cooking will be enough for 20 minutes.
- If you want to preserve the moisture of the product, wrap the sturgeon soaked in marinade in foil, bake at 140 degrees for 25 minutes, then place on the baking tray without foil and hold at 200 degrees for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remember that the sturgeon maintains its density, regardless of the degree of readiness, thereby very different from the other red fish. Therefore, it is best to track its condition with a traditional puncture with a wooden or thin metal stick.
In conclusion, I would like to note that sturgeon is in some way unique not only in color, but also in taste - even after baking, it retains a light sweetness that harmonizes perfectly with white dry wines. Exotic lovers are advised by professionals to try sturgeon with dark beer.