Red fish is a valuable product and delicacy, without which it is difficult to imagine a festive table. The easiest way to cook is salting, which is best suited for salmon. We will tell you how to salt salmon fish at home deliciously in different ways so that you can choose the option that suits you best.
In the store today you can buy anything, including salted salmon. But the prices for this delicacy are quite high, and they also contain substances that are of little use for the body: preservatives, flavors, etc. Therefore, it is best to cook salted fish at home. Firstly, this is a great way to save money, and secondly, a great opportunity to cook a really healthy dish.
Salting whole salmon at home
For whole fish, which can be of any weight, it’s best to use the dry salting method.
- sheet of parchment paper or food film.
- Prepared fish carcass thoroughly rub with salt from the inside and outside. Rub abundantly, do not be afraid to over-salt. Red salmon meat is unique in that it will absorb as much salt as needed.
- Sprinkle with a sheet of paper the same amount of salt and wrap the fish in it.
- Soak the salmon in the refrigerator for exactly 24 hours.
- The finished fish is usually washed from salt residues in cold water and immediately dried with a paper towel.
Juicy salmon fillet in marinade
Salmon fillet is more convenient and easier to pickle in the marinade, or, in other words, using the "wet" method of salting.
- 1 kg of salmon;
- 4 tbsp. l salts;
- 7 black peppercorns;
- 3 pcs. bay leaf;
- 2 tsp. Sahara;
- 1 liter of water.
- Prepare the marinade: Add all ingredients (except fish) to water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes, then cool the marinade and put the pieces of salmon in it. From the liquid, be sure to remove the bay leaf: when it comes into contact with the meat, it paints it in an ugly dark color.
- Remove the marinade with the fish in the cold and soak for 1 day.
How to pickle fish tasty and unusual?
The meat of this red fish goes well with herbs and certain spices. Thanks to them, it acquires a surprising many aroma and taste.
- 500 g salmon;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l black peppercorns;
- 1 tbsp. l coriander;
- 1 lime (can be replaced with half a lemon);
- 4 tbsp. l coarse salt;
- 3 pcs. shallots (can be replaced with white, red or purple lettuce onions);
- vegetable oil, odorless.
- With a mixture of salt and sugar, rub the fish, cut into small pieces, well, put them in a tray and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. It depends on how salty delicacy you want to get.
- After the required time has passed, remove the pieces of fish from the refrigerator and rinse under running water, dry and put in a glass jar.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and lime, mix with pepper and coriander and add to the fish.
- Fill all ingredients with oil so that it completely covers the fish.
- Close the jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator. Salmon will be ready in a day.
- In the future, the fish can be stored in foil or in a plastic container, and the oil can be used for filling vegetable salads. It turns out very fragrant.
Salmon with greens: a recipe with photos
Ready-made salmon steaks are very good if you pickle them in a weak salt solution and add greens.
- 1 kg of salmon;
- 6 tbsp. l salts;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 1 bunch parsley.
- Rub fish into pieces with a mixture of salt and sugar.
- At the bottom of the container, in which you will pickle salmon, put 1/3 of dill and parsley.
- Put the fish on the green skin down.
- Spread some more greens on top and place the salmon pieces again, but skin them up and cover them with the remaining greens. Thus, red meat is well and evenly soaked with the aroma of greenery and acquires a special taste.
- Press down the fish with the load and leave to stand at room temperature for about 8 hours.
- Next, put in the fridge and marinate for two days.
Now you know how to salt and salmon quickly and tasty by yourself and surprise the guests at the festive table with a wonderful snack. And if you consider that self-salted red fish turns out to be an order of magnitude cheaper, then you can pamper yourself with such a delicacy on weekdays.