Squid dishes are ideal for both the holiday table and the daily menu. They contain a lot of nutrients (protein, amino acids, vitamins). If you know how and know how to cook squid, after properly processing them, you can pamper your loved ones every day with low-calorie and fast-cooking dishes with great taste.
The guarantee of good taste of any dish made from squid is the quality of meat and its heat treatment. They are most often sold in a frozen state. The color of the meat should be white. A yellow or light purple hue indicates that the product has been frozen and thawed several times. Do not buy this: it acquires a bitter taste and a specific fishy smell. When cooking, the meat does not preserve its shape and turns into a shapeless mass.
Inexperienced chefs believe that squid is most good in salads. In fact, from them you can cook the first dishes (especially delicious ear), chops, snacks, meatballs, zrazy. Meat can be stewed, boiled, fried, baked and canned.
Squids in sour cream is tasty and simple - how to cook?
The creamy taste of sour cream perfectly complements the taste of squid meat. It turns out gentle, thawing - this is one of the best combinations of products.
- 0.5 kg boiled squid fillet;
- 250 g sour cream (any fat content);
- 2 medium carrots;
- 3 medium onions;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- Cut vegetables and squid in any way. Chop garlic with a press.
- Heat oil and fry vegetables with garlic in it over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add squid fillet, mix.
- Pour the mixture with sour cream, salt and mix well.
- Add fire, let the sauce boil and immediately reduce the burner flame to the minimum.
- Close the lid and stew for 3 minutes, no more, otherwise the meat will become tough. The side dish is great boiled rice.
Delicious squid chops
From this recipe you will learn how to cook tasty squid chops in a pan. They can be served with mushrooms and cheese or rice, watered butter, on which the clams are fried. Preparing a dish simply and quickly, but it will become a real decoration of the festive table.
- 0.5 kg squid carcasses;
- 2 eggs;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 20 g of butter (for roasting);
- salt to taste;
- Clean the squid carcasses well and rinse. Cut them so that they are flat.
- Separately, beat the eggs, press garlic and salt through a press.
- Squid fillet with a hammer and place for 2-3 minutes in cooked batter.
- On the pan, heat the butter.
- Roll the fillets in breadcrumbs and immediately put them in hot oil.
- Over high heat, fry on each side for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the chops hot.
Hearty and tasty squid ears
If you follow your figure, then you will definitely need this recipe. You will learn how tasty and easy to cook squid soup - a hearty and low-calorie dish.
- 1.5 liters of fish broth;
- 0.5 kg of squid;
- 4 medium potatoes;
- 1 parsley root (can be replaced with parsley greens, in this case, add it just before serving);
- 1 onion;
- 1 large carrot;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 2 pcs. bay leaf (optional);
- salt, black ground pepper.
- Squash squid fillet washed and peeled from films blanch no more than 2 minutes.
- Put on a paper towel and wait until the carcasses cool. Cut them into rings or straws.
- Chop the vegetables and fry.
- Pour the broth into the pot and wait for it to boil. Put the potatoes, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add fried vegetables.
- 3 minutes before the end of cooking, add squid, salt, pepper, bay leaf to vegetables.
- A rich ear of squid ready. Before serving, decorate the dish with chopped greens.
Squids from squids - a dish for real gourmets
Do you like seafood, but you want something special and new? Then this recipe is for you. You will learn how to cook squid tasty, quickly and healthy, and the unusual combination of products will surprise you with its extraordinary taste.
- 400 g of squid (any suitable - fresh, frozen, canned);
- 4 tbsp. l semolina;
- 3 large onions;
- 6 tubers of potatoes (medium size);
- 100 g butter;
- salt, herbs to taste.
- Prepare squid meat.
- Cut squids as small as possible. But do not skip them through a meat grinder, otherwise the taste of the finished dish will be completely different. Divide the meat into 2 parts. One will go into the stuffing, the other in the dough.
- Make potato dough. To do this, mince boiled potatoes and 2 onions in a meat grinder. To the potato mass add semolina, squid, herbs, salt. Stir and let stand for half an hour.
- While the mass is infused, cook the stuffing. Cut the remaining onion (best in half rings) and fry until golden brown.
- Add squid meat, salt and greens to onions. Stuffing ready.
- Form the potato dough into flat cakes, place mince in the center and gently connect the edges.
- Melt the butter. On high heat, fry zrazy on both sides for 1.5 minutes. They should get a golden color.
- Coat the zrazy with the remaining butter and put in the oven heated to 1800.
- To prevent zrazy from being too fat, put the finished product in a deep dish, the bottom of which is covered with paper towels. Close the lid and let stand for at least half an hour.
How tasty to cook squid dishes? The answer to this question can be much more diverse than many hostesses imagine. Our recipes will help you to get acquainted with this shellfish, which even in the home version may not yield to taste the dishes from the menu of elite restaurants.