When everyday cereals, soups and pasta are already pretty fed up, every housewife tries to surprise loved ones with something original, such as pork lung dishes. This by-product is used as a filling for tartlets, pancakes or goulash. How much to cook the pork lung, and how to cook this delicacy is delicious, tell our article.
Light, and not only pork, are considered extremely useful dietary dish. The by-product does not belong to the category of over-calorie food, but at the same time it manages to keep in itself many useful trace elements that are so necessary for our body.
Pork lung is eaten as an additional prophylactic against diseases of the gallbladder, liver and kidneys, with nervous disorders and reduced immunity. It has been experimentally proven that the pig's entrails help to recover faster from serious illnesses.
As is the case with any other food product, one easy thing to another is different. When buying an offal, you need to pay special attention to its appearance, smell and color. The lung should be solid, not loose, rich red with a meaty smell.
How much to cook a light pork, which is often added to the heart, depends on its size and method of preparation. For convenience, follow these highlights:
- The lung will boil faster and will be soft if it is thawed. Do it in advance, for example, put it in the fridge on the lower shelf for the night.
- Before cooking offal, it is advisable to soak for 1-2 hours in ordinary water - so the cooking process will take a little less time, and the meat itself will be thoroughly washed.
- Keep in mind that if you prepare a whole lung, the cooking time increases in proportion to the size of the piece. Calculate the time based on the fact that about 500 grams of lung will need about 3 hours of cooking.
- The preparation time is also influenced by the age of the animal that donated its organ. The longer the pig has lived, the more you have to cook its lung.
- In addition, most housewives prefer to cut the product before cooking. So you can get rid of hard trachea, films and significantly reduce the number of minutes required for cooking.
Prepare pork offal in different ways - stew, bake, fry. However, in the case of the pig's lungs, it is best to adhere to boiling, since it can be sure that harmful microbes in boiling water have died, even if they were in meat.
Cooking pork offal in the pan
How long to cook a light pork depends on the method of its preparation. So, if you cook it on a fire in a saucepan, then for the whole product it will take about one and a half to two hours, and the pieces will be ready in 40-45 minutes. In addition, the correct choice of dishes is also important: it is best to give preference to a high, large saucepan with a thick bottom.
The cooking process itself is simple:
- We lay out the light in a cooked in advance dish and fill it with water by about three-quarters, as in the process of cooking the liquid will boil and foam.
- Put the pan on the hob and turn on the fire to the maximum, bring the water to a boil.
- After this, gently pull the lung out of the water, and pour the broth into the sink. This action allows you to get rid of unpleasant odors and unnecessary bleeding.
- Again, put the lung in the pot and pour the same amount of water. Put the dishes on the fire.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, for flavor we add a whole medium onion bulb, a few bay leaves, salt and pepper to the pan.
- So, periodically removing the foam, cook light until fully cooked.
The finished pork lung can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days, and when frozen, the product will be suitable for about two weeks.
How to cook a delicacy in a slow cooker?
Practically in every modern kitchen you can find appliances that are designed to facilitate the cooking process. One of these modern devices is the multicooker. This irreplaceable assistant can cook a lot of various dishes, including by-products.
How much will you need to cook a light pork in a slow cooker, depends on the selected cooking mode. Almost all devices have several types of suitable programs:
In contrast to the heat treatment of the lung in boiling water, the multicooker reduces cooking time by almost two times. So, for a whole piece of medium size it will take only 1 hour, and for sliced pieces - 20-25 minutes. In addition, offal can be steamed: for this you need to install a special basket.
Pork lung is a great alternative to dietary meat. It is low-fat, low-calorie, and the price in the by-products market is quite democratic. Boiled lung - a great addition to the side dishes, it is suitable as a dressing for the sauce, will be a delicious component of salad or a filling for pancakes. We hope that this article has helped to expand your culinary horizons and facilitate the preparation of this delicious by-product to you.