The Scots say: "Everything is perfect in the egg: both form and content." It is difficult to disagree with this statement, especially if they are cooked delicious. But this is where the main problem lurks: a lot of controversial issues arise - for example, how and how much to boil eggs. For the correct answer it is worth considering all the nuances of the process.
Not as easy as it sounds.
Many cooks consider cooking eggs one of the most difficult culinary activities. This is due to the fact that there are so many details that will ultimately affect the taste:
- size (the smaller the egg, the faster it is boiled);
- freshness (the "younger" the product, the longer it should be prepared);
- view (cooking quail eggs takes about 5 minutes, but ostrich will cook for about 50 minutes);
- method (in a slow cooker, an egg is steamed, and therefore time increases by 1.5-2 times).
It is also important to properly bring the product to the condition, dropping it in cold water. This is done to ensure that the shell cracks from the sharp change in temperature regime and easily moves away from solid protein.
2 ways to cook on the stove
There are several recipes describing how and how long to boil chicken eggs. And the matter is not only directly in heat treatment, but also in the temperature of the water into which they are laid.
Cool water bookmark
- We rinse for the time being fragile "gifts" of laying hens.
- Put them tightly in a saucepan with water.
- Add salt (1 tablespoon per 1 l of water) and set on medium heat.
- How many boiled eggs after boiling in this case? From this moment - about 7 minutes. Then pour hot water and pour ice.
The advantages of this method are that it is convenient to lay the natural product in water: there is no likelihood of scalding.
Bookmark hot water
- Pour water into a saucepan or bowl, add salt and set on fire.
- Carefully on a spoon, drop the eggs in boiling water.
- Cook for 8 minutes and cool with ice water.
Multivarka to help
In a slow cooker, eggs with hard yolk are cooked longer than on the stove, but some cooks believe that they are more tasty.
- In a multi-cooker bowl lay out up to 5 pieces.
- Pour cold water so that its level was 1 cm above.
- Set the mode "Steaming" for 12 minutes.
- We shift the almost finished eggs in a bowl and pour for 3-4 minutes with cold water.
The recipe for the lazy: a delicious natural product ... without a shell
If you like to cook in the microwave, then entrust this device and boiling eggs.
- Separate the white from the yolk and pour them into separate bowls.
- Floss yolk with a toothpick to steam.
- Cooking protein first. Expose low or medium power and put the dishes with protein, covered with cling film.
- After 30-50 seconds, the protein is ready.
- Getting to the yolk. With the same power, we put the dishes covered with film for 20-30 seconds into the oven.
- We give parts to stand for 2-3 minutes. Cooking eggs without shell is completed.
Cook Quail Eggs Properly
Quail yolks and proteins are the safest for human health - due to the resistance of quail to salmonellosis. Therefore, they can be drunk raw or boiled soft-boiled for only about 2 minutes. But how much to cook quail eggs, if they still have to get hard-boiled, in which water to lay? This process is as follows.
- Pour water into a saucepan, put it on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Spoon the eggs into a container and cook for 4 minutes.
- Drain the boiling water and fill with ice water.
If you are cooking for your baby, then the heat treatment time is better to increase a little - up to 5 minutes.
In a crock-pot the quail natural product is boiled in 10 minutes in the "Steamed" mode.
Especially for geese fans
Breeders of geese claim that the eggs that give their pets outnumber their chicken. But some believe that there are no significant differences between these species - unless the cooking time is different.
- In cold water lay eggs.
- We put on the stove.
- After boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the boiling water and immerse them in cold water.
A way to cook ostrich eggs
Ostrich yolks with proteins, unlike other species, cook for a long time. They, as a rule, are cooked on the stove, because in the slow cooker the time to bring to the desired condition increases even more.
- In cold water we drop an ostrich egg. Note that water should cover it completely.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about 1 hour.
- Fill with cold water and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
The subtleties of culinary action
The process of obtaining solid egg white and yolk has a lot of features. In addition to specific recipes, there are a number of subtleties, the observance of which when boiling hard-boiled eggs will be very useful.
- So that the protein does not flow out during the laying in boiling water, the shell can be punctured from the blunt end with a needle. By the way, if you mix the contents through this puncture, you will get a poached dish.
- Recognizing the digested product is very simple: it has a greenish yolk and the protein is very solid.
- In the process of cooking should not allow a strong boil.
- Quail yolks with proteins should not be cooked longer than 5-7 minutes, because after this time all the useful properties of the product go away.
- Do not be afraid to cook lightly laid ostrich eggs: they retain their freshness for up to 3 months.
- Useful gifts of geese are best purchased at farms, and thoroughly washed before cooking, as the product from not very clean birds can be a source of serious intestinal infections.
To achieve excellence in cooking is almost impossible - in particular, because of the existence of a huge number of approaches to cooking. Even such a seemingly elementary question, how many boiled eggs, has several answers. They depend on the preferred method of heat treatment, the quality of the product and its varieties. And, of course, from the skill of the one who prepares, because there are technologies that require a certain virtuosity.