The smell of fried champignons can bewitch anyone. However, not all housewives know how to properly cook mushrooms, so they turned out tasty and fragrant. Even in such a simple matter there are many nuances.
Before cooking mushrooms in a pan, it is very important to clean them and prepare them for cooking.
Greenhouse mushrooms, bought in a store or on the market, do not need pre-cooking. They can be consumed even raw.
- Sort champignons: they should not be darkened or dented.
- Rinse in three waters, but not for long, so that the mushrooms do not lose their flavor. If necessary, wipe off dirt with a cloth or soft brush.
- Put the mushrooms on thin paper or napkins. This measure will remove excess moisture from the mushrooms.
- Separate the caps and legs of the champignons from each other and cut into slices.
- If you purchased fresh mushrooms, immediately proceed to the hot processing, otherwise they will turn black and lose their attractiveness and flavor.
Wild champignons before cooking should be boiled.
- Wash the mushrooms well, clean them from dirt and stains.
- Boil water, pour out the mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and dry the mushrooms so that excess moisture will leave them.
Frozen mushrooms do not need to be defrosted: they quickly turn black. They are put on a hot skillet in the form of ice cream.
Marinated mushrooms should be thoroughly washed in running water and immediately fry.
How to make mushrooms even tastier?
The answer to the question of how to cook mushrooms in a pan, will depend on the preferences of the hostess and the pre-treatment of the product.
Fans of fried mushrooms should keep in mind one important property of this gift of nature. In its structure, it resembles a sponge and absorbs moisture well, and then releases it in a pan. To cook not stewed, namely fried champignons, remember a few simple rules.
- Fry the mushrooms in small portions.
- Choose mushrooms should be small in size so that it was convenient to fry them whole.
- Put the sliced champignons into a well-heated pan.
- Stir thoroughly so that the mushrooms roast evenly and do not burn.
- Cook in vegetable oil or butter.
- Salt and spices are best placed at the end, because salt retains moisture, and spices can lose their flavor.
- How much to fry champignons in the pan - for fresh, boiled and pickled enough 15 minutes. For frozen champignons, time is doubled because they contain more moisture.
- It is better to fry the onions separately and add them to the mushrooms at the very end of cooking.
When to pour oil into the pan?
There is no definite answer to this question in cooking. Most popular recipes recommend putting mushrooms in a well heated pan, in which oil is already poured.
However, experienced mushroom pickers do otherwise. Mushrooms they put on a hot red-hot frying pan. Do not be afraid that the mushrooms stick or burn, because they quickly give up moisture and retain the natural smell.
When the mushrooms are reduced in size and slightly fried, you can add a little butter or sunflower oil and continue to fry until done. The dish will be much tastier!
Mushrooms with potatoes
Potatoes with champignons in a pan are a favorite delicacy of many gourmets. However, improper cooking can spoil the refined taste of the dish.
The main rule: potatoes and mushrooms are fried separately and mixed at the very end. There are several reasons for this separation:
- Both products emit a lot of moisture when frying;
- require different cooking times.
- 7-8 potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 500 g of mushrooms;
- vegetable or butter;
- Wash, dry and slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Mushrooms and onions lightly fry in a pan to leave the liquid. Oil is added at its discretion.
- Peel potatoes, wash, cut into slices and dry on paper or dostochka.
- Fry in a well heated pan in vegetable oil. Then add onions and mushrooms.
- Potatoes with champignons in a pan fried for 5-7 minutes until cooked.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped greens.
Mushrooms with potatoes can be supplemented with meat gravy. To do this, the meat is pre-fried in its juice, and then mushrooms and onions are added to it.
Champignons with sour cream
Champignons in sour cream on the pan - a classic combination of flavors. And if you add vegetables or meat to it, the bouquet of taste and aroma will be just great!
- 4-5 Art. l sour cream;
- 500 g of mushrooms;
- sunflower oil (olive) or lard for frying;
- garlic clove;
- optional - carrots, sweet peppers, tomatoes.
- Rinse the champignons, dry and chop.
- Wash and slice the onions and vegetables.
- Onions fry in vegetable oil. If pork lard is selected for frying, then it must first be heated, remove the cracklings, and then pour the onion into the pan.
- When the onions are lightly browned, lay out the vegetables and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the pan mushrooms, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stew the mushrooms in sour cream in a frying pan under the lid for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary, pour in some oil so that the mushrooms are not burnt.
- Add greens and garlic, mix everything.
- Remove the lid and cook the mushrooms for another 5 minutes.
Mushrooms with sour cream can be combined with other vegetables or meat (chicken, turkey, pork, beef). How much champignons to fry in a pan after adding additional ingredients will depend on the degree of their pre-treatment. However, for dishes with mushrooms, it is desirable to observe the principle of separate cooking. Then they will become a real table decoration!