Summer is unthinkable without fruits and vegetables. At the end of this wonderful time of the year, there is an opportunity to feast on yet another generous gift of nature - juicy and sweet corn cobs. If you like to use modern appliances, it will be useful to learn how to cook corn on the cob in a slow cooker, in order to fully enjoy this useful gift of summer.
The taste of boiled corn is difficult to describe with the words: sweet-salty, saturated with fragrant warm juice, with a pleasant combination of cob hardness and softness of grains. From generation to generation, it was transmitted how to boil corn, but with the advent of the multicooker, the taste of culture has opened up from a new angle. It has become even more saturated and juicy, and hardly any other heat treatment method can compete with cooking in such a modern way. And the most important advantage: 30-40 minutes - that's how much to cook corn on the cob in a slow cooker! Be sure to note that the cobs for one "session" should be no more than 7-8 pieces of medium size, since it will simply not fit into the multi-cooker bowl.
How to cook corn in a slow cooker?
There are several ways to cook tasty corn in a slow cooker. The classic variant is cooking with leaves, which are removed from the ears.
- Thoroughly wash the corn-cleaned corn leaves with running water.
- We also wash several leaves - we will need them for preparation.
- We put in a multi-cooker bowl and pour cold water to such a level as to completely cover the cob.
- Cover the corn with leaves and with the lid closed, select the function "Legumes" or "Cooking" for 35 minutes.
- After the end of the cooking time, pour out the broth, take out the corn, lubricate it with butter (cream) if desired, and sprinkle with salt.
Cook Corn in the Multicooker Redmond
For those who love the fresh taste of corn, there is one trick - steaming in a multicooker Redmond.
- 2-3 corn cobs;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper;
- Well wash out the cob and cut them into 3-4 pieces.
- Mix salt and pepper on a plate.
- Each piece we need to roll in the mixture of pepper and salt.
- We spread the cobs on a special stand for cooking on the steam bath.
- We load everything into the slow cooker and set the "Steam" mode for half an hour.
- Put the finished corn on a plate and serve hot.
Fragrant and tender corn in milk
Boil aromatic corn in milk can be in 2 versions. For one of them does not require any special tricks.
- 4-5 corn cobs;
- 2 liters of skim milk;
- 30 g butter;
- salt to taste
- Peel the leaves and wash the cobs.
- In the bowl multicooker lay the corn and pour milk.
- Add a piece of butter, set the function "Cooking" for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot cobs, sprinkle with salt beforehand.
The second method requires a longer preparation, because it is necessary to separate the grains.
- grains 4-6 cobs;
- 1.5 liters of milk;
- 40 g lightly salted butter;
- Corn grains are poured in a multicooker with milk.
- After you have closed the lid, select the "Cooking" function for ¼ hours.
- After the end of the cooking time, pour out the remaining milk, put the corn on the dish and sprinkle with salt.
If you love these sun-drenched fruits, variations of recipes that suggest how to cook corn on the cob in a slow cooker will certainly be useful. Preparing the dish is completely easy, and the result is always excellent. And, having tried once, you will not be able to deny yourself the pleasure to cook boiled corn every season.