All housewives are well aware that beets cooked for a long time and to the question "How many beets are boiled?" there is no exact answer, because the cooking time of beets depends on the size of the vegetable. If the beets are large, then, respectively, and it will cook longer.
How to cook beets?
If you decide to cook beets, then remember: this root vegetable should be boiled separately from the others, as the beets have strong coloring properties.
- It is necessary to choose medium beets for cooking., the color of the root must be dark red.
- If you can determine the thickness of the peel, then know that it should be thin.
- First, you need to wash the root well, using a sponge for washing dishes. No need to cut roots and roots, because of this, in the process of cooking, the beets will lose all their juice, and with it the beneficial properties and, in fact, the taste itself.
- Do not check vegetable readiness too often. Cooked beets are soft when pierced with a knife.
- Cooked beets in unsalted water. The fact is that the root crop has a bright sweetish taste, and the addition of salt can spoil it. If necessary, you can salt the already cooked root vegetable.
- One more important moment when cooking beets - the water in the pan should completely cover it. If in the process of cooking the water begins to evaporate, then we can safely add it.
How long does it take to cook beets?
Usually the process of cooking beets takes from 40 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the size of the vegetable). After the specified time, the beetroot pan must be removed from the heat and placed for 10 minutes under cold water, and after that you can remove the peel from it, which will be very easily peeled off.
If you need cook large-sized beets, then after an hour of cooking, pour over the vegetable with cold water and put it back on fire for 20 minutes. Then the beets will need to be cooled again with water.
The most delicious beets- young, elongated, having a dark red color. In addition, this beet is much faster preparing. Cooked beets should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than two days., since on the third day it starts to let the juice and loses its taste and beneficial properties.
The water in which the beets were boiled, or, as it is also called, beet broth, can be not poured out, it is an excellent laxative and diuretic. This broth also has a positive effect on the liver, cleansing it, and all harmful substances come out naturally.
How to cook beets in the microwave?
- You can boil beets not only in the usual way - using a stove and saucepan, but also using a microwave oven. The process of such cooking vegetables takes much less time, and the end result will be no worse than when cooking beets on the stove.
- For cooking beets in the microwavenecessary: a microwave (the desired power of the device - 700-800 watts), glassware for microwave ovens and, in fact, beets, you can also use special plastic bags for cooking.
- To start, wash the vegetable using a dish sponge, then take an awl or a table fork and make more holes in the beets by piercing. Then put the beets on a dish or in a bag for cooking, no need to pour water anywhere!
- On the microwave, set the timer for 10 minutes at a power of 800 watts, if the power of your microwave is less, then put the beets in the oven for a longer time. After this time, the beets will be ready for cleaning and further consumption!
How to cook beets in a slow cooker?
- Another beet can be cooked in a slow cooker. The fastest way to use this type of technology when cooking beets -cook beet steamed, You will spend only 20-30 minutes on this.
- You can also cook this root vegetable with the help of a multicooker in the "Quenching" mode or in the "Soup" mode, but these are the longest processes.Multivarki mode, which takes less time when cooking beets: "Steaming / Steamer", but remember that the beets should be boiled not in the steaming basket, but in the multi-cooker itself.
- For each of these modes, the beets should be thoroughly washed, but in no case should not be cleaned, and immersed in water. A very large root vegetable is best cut. The cooking process can take from 40 to 60 minutes, in the mode of “Quenching” -3 hours
- In addition to cooking, beets in a slow cooker can be baked. To do this, select the mode "Baking / Baking". Time for this will take from 60 to 80 minutes.
Beetroot is a very useful product, besides it has a bright taste. Cook it with joy!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina