Among the most delicious meat dishes not least beef tongue. How to cook it to make the dish tasty and tender? You will learn some tricks of cooking right now. Properly prepared by-product will certainly take pride of place among the culinary delights you have mastered.
How to cook beef tongue?
Many housewives, having heard plenty of stories about the benefits of the language, acquire the product and are puzzled by the question how to cook beef tongue so that it is soft? However, before buying, you should make sure that it is fresh - this is one of the secrets of the success of the dish. To do this, make a small incision, which shows that inside the meat is light pink in color.
Before cooking beef tongue, you need to hold it in cold water for about 30 minutes. Thanks to this preventive measure, it will be easier to free it from plaque and fat, separating all the excess with a large knife. Thin skin does not need to be removed: it goes away perfectly after preparation. But trying to clean it raw, you just make the dish look unappetizing.
How much time to cook beef tongue is quite a lot. The larger the instance, the longer it is processed. Up to 1.5 kg tongue should be cooked at least 3 hours in the pan, 1 hour in a pressure cooker and 4 hours in the slow cooker. A byproduct over 1.5 kg cooks 2 times longer. It should be borne in mind that calf language is softer, so you can not cook it for so long. But in any case, this part should be boiled in 2 stages.
- Wash tongue under running water.
- Pour water into a large container and put offal.
- Bring to a boil, remove the foam.
- Cook for 15 minutes, drain the water.
- Fill tongue with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, remove foam as necessary.
- Half an hour before readiness we add celery, onions and carrots for flavor.
- Ready tongue dipped in cold water for 2 minutes.
- We clean the skin.
- Again, put in broth, salt, cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, cut into thin slices.
Nuances of boiling
In order for the tongue to be soft and delicate in taste, you need to know a few subtleties of its preparation:
- to remove the stiffness, for the second boiling tongue put in hot water;
- it is better to salt the tongue at the end of boiling, otherwise the salt will not let the muscle fibers soften (although many salt and pepper immediately after the second boil so that the juice of the tongue acquires a special delicate taste);
- you can check the readiness of the meat product, like all the others - puncturing it with a fork: the juice is clear - ready, muddy - you need to cook more;
- it is advisable to clean the tongue from the narrow end - so the skin will depart more easily;
- if the broth in which the tongue was boiled, you are going to use under the first one (on the way, it turns out excellent aspic), then you need to throw away the vegetables and prepare the dish, adding fresh ones.
How to cook beef tongue in a slow cooker?
Cooking a tongue in a slow cooker is just as easy as any other dish. To the finished product turned out to be fragrant, add vegetables and spices to the broth.
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- bay leaf, allspice and black pepper, salt.
- Washed tongue pour water, put onions and carrots.
- We set the mode "Quenching" for 3.5-4 hours.
- An hour later, add spices.
- 15 minutes before the final salt.
- We cool the tongue in the water and eliminate the remaining skin.
- Served as a separate dish or as part of other dishes.
What is useful language?
The tongue is muscle tissue that is covered by a membrane. Despite the fact that it is considered a by-product, it (100 g) contains only 173 calories and many elements that are useful for our body:
- calcium - to strengthen bone tissue;
- gland - to improve blood circulation;
- magnesium, which improves brain and heart function;
- zinc, involved in protein synthesis;
- vitamins B-group, PP and E.
Beef tongue is valuable not only as an independent dish that is served with greens hot or cold. It can also be added as an ingredient in many salads, soups and snacks. Traditionally from this by-product they cook olivier with tongue instead of sausage or meat, julienne with mushrooms, aspic, and also tongue:
- in sour cream sauce (sour cream mixed with grated horseradish);
- stuffed with mushrooms or cheese;
- stewed in wine;
- with vegetables in pots;
- baked with potatoes;
- in batter and others
Few housewives dare to cook beef tongue. How to cook, with what to file - as a rule, these questions cause some confusion. In addition, the preparatory stage is quite troublesome. However, the amazingly tender and refined taste of a properly prepared by-product will turn it into a real delicacy.