Rolls are the national dish of Japan, which has become very popular. If you do not want to go to a restaurant, but you want to pamper yourself with yummy, you can make rolls yourself at home using a simple set of products. On the nori (these are special pressed algae) a layer of rice is laid out, and the filling is stuffed on it and everything is rolled up. You can use not only nori, but also special rice paper.
Homemade rolls: recipes with photo feed
With crab meat
- Chum salmon fillet (preferably salted) - 180-220 g
- Salt fine to taste
- Fresh cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Crabmeat (sticks) - 180-220 g
- Rice - 180-220 g
- Nori - 2-3 sheets
- We must take a special rice, which has a rounded shape, as it is characterized by greater stickiness, in contrast to the usual. The composition of this type of rice contains a lot of starch, so that it is much easier to hold together.
- First you need to boil the rice in lightly salted boiling water. As soon as it is cooked, excess water is drained, it is temporarily left to cool completely.
- While the rice cools, it is necessary to prepare for the rolls of the filling - the cucumber is washed and cut into small cubes. Fish with crab meat also need to grind. All components are well mixed.
- A special bamboo napkin is laid out on the table, and a sheet of seaweed is placed on top of it.
- Fully cooled rice spread on a sheet of seaweed and leveled.
- If desired, rice can be seasoned with a small amount of Japanese vinegar, but if you can not get this component, you can skip it.
- Put the finished stuffing on the edge of the nori and use a bamboo napkin to make a straw.
- The roll is placed on a wooden plank, and with the help of a sharp knife is cut into several small rolls.
- We lay out rolls on plates, it is necessary to serve in combination with Japanese horseradish (wasabi).
With cucumber and smoked squid
- Cheese paste (with salmon) - 1-1.25 tbsp. l
- Ginger - 2-2.25 tbsp. l
- Squid meat (smoked) - 150-175 g
- Rice Vinegar - to taste
- Fresh cucumbers - 1 pc.
- Rice - 180-210 g
- Algae in sheets - 2-3 pcs.
- First, the filling should be prepared - take the squid meat (smoked) and cut into thin strips.
- My cucumber, dried and cut into small slices. If desired, you can trim the peel.
- Put a bamboo mat on the table, place nori on top (glossy side looks down).
- Boil rice in salted water. Once cool, refill with a small amount of rice vinegar. You can add some sugar, but this is not a required ingredient.
- Spread rice on a sheet of seaweed, with the top edge left blank.
- From above, we grease the rice with a small amount of wasabi (we put it on with a thin strip), then a layer of cheese paste is placed.
- Now there are strips of cucumber and shredded smoked squid meat.
- Carefully twist the sheet of nori into a tube, holding the filling with your fingers.
- Next roll cut into several parts.
- Nori - 2-3 sheets
- Mayonnaise - to taste
- Soy sauce - to taste
- Capelin roe - 2 -3 tsp.
- Cheese - 80-90 g
- Salmon - 110-130 g
- Ketchup to taste
- Rice - 1 tbsp.
- Eel - 110-130 g
- Steaming rice - a glass of rice should be poured with 1.5 glasses of water and left in a water bath for 35 minutes.
- On a sheet of nori lay cooked rice.
- In the middle of the sheet we place the filling - chopped cheese, eel and salmon.
- Carefully fold the nori into a tube and cut into several pieces.
- We make sauce - we mix enough thick mayonnaise with capelin caviar and ketchup.
- For each piece of rolls lay out a tablespoon of ready-made sauce.
- We spread on the baking sheet rolls, pre-laid with a sheet of parchment.
- Bake the rolls in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Serve rolls need to be combined with soy sauce.
- Red hot pepper - to taste
- Garlic - to taste
- Rice vinegar (can be replaced with lemon juice) - to taste
- Rice sweet wine - 1-2 tbsp. l
- Fresh dill - to taste
- Avocado - 1 pc.
- Salmon - 180-210 g
- White round grain rice - 180-210 g
- Dried seaweed sheets - 2-3 sheets
- Wash rice well with cold water, then boil for about 8-10 minutes in boiling water at minimum heat. As soon as the rice is fully prepared, drain the excess liquid and leave to cool.
- Take the salmon fillet and cut into strips in cross section of about 0.7 to 0.7 cm.
- Wash and peel the avocado, then cut it in the same way as the salmon fillet. If you can not use avocados, take fresh cucumbers.
- We make sauce - we mix vinegar with sweet rice wine, add garlic passed through a press, we enter hot red pepper. All mix well and skip the finished sauce through a fine strainer.
- In a separate container we shift the sliced fillet and pour sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Laid out nori on a bamboo napkin. Top with a thin layer of a little warm rice in the shape of a rectangle, and in its center lay out avocados and salmon fillets, add sprigs of fresh greens (hard stalks should be removed in advance).
- We roll up the nori with a thick roll, then leave for a while so that they cool completely, and the rice could stick together properly, otherwise the filling from the roll will just fall out.
- Then cut the rolls into pieces of about 2 cm.
- The rolls are laid out with an edge on a baking sheet, on the bottom of which a sheet of parchment is placed, and baked for 15–20 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
- Rolls can be powdered with a small amount of grated cheese, but this is not a mandatory ingredient.
- Very tasty is the combination of baked rolls with sauce prepared for marinade of fish. You can serve rolls with soy sauce or with shredded daikon, pickled asparagus or ginger.
- If you want to surprise your guests, then serve rolls with national alcoholic drinks - for example, sake or soju, mirin or shaoxin rice wine, maotai or fruit wine, rum with fruit juice or local temples.
Japanese cuisine has long ceased to be exotic. Rolls and sushi for many - familiar dishes. You can cook at home any of their options, even hot rolls under the power of any hostess. The main thing - stock up on all the necessary ingredients!