Ruddy, glossy, beautiful - even a pity to cut! Honey mustard chicken is one of the best ways to bake a whole carcass. Dish, economical and time and cost. But at the same time it is not a shame to put it in the center of the festive table. In addition, the recipe makes it possible and to dream. Read and implement!
Chickens that conquered the world
Chickens? But who did not see them! These ubiquitous birds scattered around the world and settled firmly in almost every national cuisine. They can be found in all refrigerators in the world.
How did they conquer the planet? Everything is very simple. Chickens are everywhere where there is a person, because they need them.
It would be enough to say that chicken meat is tasty and cheap. However, it is also useful. Easily digested, contains few calories and saturated fat. Chicken meat is the source of many minerals and vitamins, and most of all, the healthiest protein and amino acids. What is often offered to a person who needs to gain strength after a serious illness? Rich chicken broth!
But let's go back to our chicken.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1.5-2 kg chicken;
- 3 tbsp. l honey;
- 2-3 art. l spicy table mustard (the amount can be reduced depending on the severity);
- 1-2 tbsp. l Dijon mustard (optional);
- 100 ml classic soy sauce;
- 2-3 medium cloves of garlic;
- 0.5 tsp. ginger powder;
- salt, spices (preferably with turmeric).
- Honey mustard marinade for chicken can be prepared both cold and hot. The hottest method is preferable if you do not have enough time to pickle the carcass. If it is possible to leave the smeared chicken for more than 3 hours, the marinade can not be heated. It is enough to warm the honey so that it is a liquid consistency.
- If you do not have Dijon mustard, do not worry. Take the usual spicy mustard and honey.
- Mixing all the ingredients, put the dishes with the marinade in a water bath and warm the marinade.
- If you bake a chicken in a mustard-honey sauce in the oven without convection, it is better to cut it - so it is better baked. An incision should be made along the abdominal suture.
- Put the chicken on the back and first thoroughly coat it on the inside and then on the outside.
- Then you need to grease a baking sheet and immediately put the carcass back up. So it will be baked with us.
- Tip: if the carcass is very large and you bake it whole, you can turn the chicken in the process. Then at first it should be put in reverse.
- Bake at about 220 ° C. The baking time depends on the size of the chicken. Average carcass is baked for an hour.
- Readiness is checked with a fork. If at the puncture site in a thick place the released liquid is transparent - the meat is ready.
Spicy chicken in a slow cooker
Cooking marinade in this case is no different. But the chicken is better to cut.
Chicken pieces are well smeared and give a little time to soak in (30 min - 1 hour).
At the bottom of the bowl pour 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil and lay out chicken.
Bake in baking mode for 45-50 minutes.
Secrets and rules of cooking
- Honey tends to burn, so leave unattended preparing dish can not. If the skin starts to burn, cover the chicken with a sheet of foil on top.
- If you are preparing a dish for the arrival of guests, take the time to remove it immediately to serve. Preparing it in advance is not recommended.
- It is best to leave pickle the carcass overnight, closing with cling film.
- For the first experience it is better to take small carcasses of chickens.
Chicken meat is amazing. From different parts of the chicken you can cook completely different dishes. And the contrast of spicy mustard and sweet honey can give them a completely new taste. Here are some interesting recipes.
Crispy and fragrant chicken wings
- 1-1.5 kg of chicken wings;
- marinade (see first recipe);
- Wings in a mustard-flavored honey sauce are much easier to cook than whole chicken. You can not be afraid to overdry or not to cook.
- Marinade is prepared according to the first recipe, you can eliminate Dijon mustard.
- Marinating the wings is also optional: they are perfectly soaked in the cooking process. It is good enough to coat them with honey-mustard sauce.
- Lubricate the baking sheet with vegetable oil and spread the wings.
- Bake at 220-250C for about 30 minutes.
- The process can be flipped over so that they turn red more evenly.
Chicken meatballs with honey mustard marinade
- 1 chicken breast (only fillet will be needed);
- 1/4 Art. milk;
- 3 tbsp. l breadcrumbs;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l ginger (powder);
- 2 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 1/2 Art. finely chopped canned pineapples without juice;
- 1/4 tsp salts;
- 2 tbsp. l chopped green onions for sprinkling the finished dish.
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. l honey;
- 1 tsp. mustard;
- 1 tsp. finely chopped ginger;
- 1.5 tsp. starch;
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. l sugar (better - brown).
- With chicken breast remove the fillet, turn in a meat grinder.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Ingredients for sauce mix separately. Honey can be slightly heated.
- Roll balls fry them in vegetable oil.
- Meat the meatballs one by one into the cooked sauce and spread into the cooked mold, buttered.
- Put in the oven at 250-280C for 5 minutes.
- Ready meatballs pour the remaining honey mustard sauce and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- The perfect side dish would be rice.
Chicken skewers in spicy-sweet honey sauce
- Marinade is prepared according to the recipe of meatballs (see above).
- Chicken fillet cut into pieces and marinate in honey-mustard sauce.
- Put on wooden skewers and bake in the oven or convection oven.
- Ready skewers can be sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Chicken fillet in honey mustard breading
- 1 breast fillet;
- 1 tbsp. breadcrumbs;
- 1 egg;
- 1/2 Art. flour;
- frying oil.
For the marinade:
- 3 tbsp. l honey;
- 2 tbsp. l mustard;
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce.
- Cut the fillet into small oblong pieces, salt.
- Mix honey, soy sauce and mustard.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Heat the frying pan with butter.
- Take each piece on a fork and dip it in the sequence egg - flour - egg - crackers.
- Fry the fillet pieces over high heat, preventing them from touching each other.
- Immerse the roasted pieces in the sauce and immediately put on a plate for serving.
You can come up with a lot of ideas for using chicken with spicy-sweet sauce. You can bake grilled fillet pieces pickled in honey-mustard sauce. You can bake in this sauce a large piece of fillet. Rice and broccoli are perfect for such a chicken.
To master the preparation of such dishes is easy. Try at least once this unusual sweet-spicy mix of honey, mustard and chicken meat - and you look differently at the usual chicken we are used to. Your fantasy will tell you other recipes using mustard-honey sauce. We hope our ideas will help you with this.