Honey cakes are a separate family of homemade cakes. Many housewives love to cook honey cake with custard. Fragrant, delicious and soft honey cakes in combination with classic custard will allow you to prepare a true piece of pastry art.
What is the secret of dessert: a few words about the "Honey"
"Honeycakes" for several centuries have become the favorite pastry of many housewives. Just imagine that the history of developing a recipe for honey cakes dates back to the distant 18th century. To date, there are a huge number of recipes for honey cakes, and they are combined exquisite taste and ease of preparation.
To make Honey Cake flavored, soft, soaked and tasty, check out a number of professional tips:
- The dough can be prepared in two ways: by brewing in a water bath or by ordinary kneading.
- In the usual kneading dough, add baking soda, slaked with 9% vinegar.
- When brewing a liquid base in a water bath, it is recommended to add lemon juice.
- Cakes can be rolled immediately or bake the whole dough. The second option simplifies the task, since the finished honey biscuit is cut into the required number of parts.
- To roll out thin cakes, the dough must be cooled a little.
- Baking honey shortcakes takes no more than 5 minutes, so be careful not to burn them.
- So that the dough does not deform or bubble in the baking process, make the punctures with a fork in different parts of the cake.
- Custard cream can be prepared on the basis of milk or water. The second option is considered low-calorie.
- Choux dough must be constantly stirred to avoid the appearance of lumps.
- It is best to grease cakes with cooled cream - so the cake will acquire an unusual taste.
- For quick impregnation, honey cakes can be smeared with hot custard.
- You can add any honey to the dough, just keep in mind that there are about 5 grams more liquid per serving than thicker.
- Classic custard can be replaced with condensed milk or toffee.
In the culinary books, you can find various recipes for Honey cake with custard. Each cake has its own name. If you want to surprise guests with gourmet pastries, cook a cake "Miracle". Honey cakes in combination with sour cream or custard will give the usual baking refinement. And our step-by-step recipe will help you to realize the most courageous pastry fantasy.
- 260 g of creamy softened butter;
- 0.2 l milk;
- 4 things. chicken eggs;
- 100 g sour cream;
- 380 g of granulated sugar;
- 0.4 kg of sifted flour;
- 2 tsp. baking soda;
- 2 tbsp. l liquid honey.
- To begin with, we will do the preparation for the cream. Pour milk into a separate pan or stew pan, add about half of the granulated sugar, one egg and 1 tbsp. l sifted flour.
- Mix all the components, put on a minimum of fire and brew until a homogeneous consistency mass is formed.
- We set the billet aside and wait until it is completely cooled.
- Getting to the preparation of honey dough.
- In a separate deep bowl mix the honey, the remaining sugar and about 80 g of creamy softened butter.
- The prepared mixture is sent to a water bath and melt.
- After dissolving the sugar, add the remaining chicken eggs alternately, mix them and send to the water bath.
- Maintain the mixture in a water bath for 3-4 minutes.
- Add baking soda and sifted flour to the prepared mixture.
- Knead the dough, and then divide it into seven equal parts.
- Roll the cooked pieces of dough into thin cakes.
- The oven is heated to a temperature mark of 200 °.
- Bottom of the pan sprinkled with sifted flour and lay out the cakes alternately.
- After baking the cake, cut out a round shape using a plate.
- Trimming baked cakes sent in a mortar and grind to a state of crumb.
- Now we take the already cooled billet for the custard and add sour cream and the remaining creamy softened butter to it.
- Each cake richly lubricate the custard and sprinkle on top with cooked crumbs.
- Be sure to lubricate the sides of the cake. Insist it in the refrigerator for 7-8 hours, and then enjoy the taste of "Honey cake".
Refined pastry in a hurry: everything is possible
So, we have already reviewed the recipe "Medovik" classic with custard. But sometimes there are situations when there is no time left for baking. Or imagine that the oven is out of order, and you so want to eat Medovik. There is a way: cook cakes in the pan.
- 7 pieces chicken eggs;
- 4 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 3 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 2 tbsp. l cream margarine;
- 0.2 kg of creamy softened butter;
- 0.6 liters of milk;
- a small pinch of salt;
- 2/3 tsp. baking soda, slaked with 9% vinegar;
- vanilla - to taste;
- 2 tbsp. l honey
- Drive three chicken eggs into a separate container and add 1 tbsp. sugar sand.
- Egg-sugar mixture, beat with a mixer or blender.
- Add honey, melted creamy margarine, a pinch of salt and baking soda, previously slaked with 9% vinegar.
- Pour the sifted flour into liquid basis in small portions and knead the dough.
- Wrap the dough in a film for food and set aside for 25 minutes.
- In a separate deep bowl pour ½ tbsp. sifted flour, add 2 tbsp. sugar sand and 4 chicken eggs.
- Beat this mixture, and then add about 0.1 liters of milk.
- Pour the cooked base into the pan or stew pan, add the remaining milk and send the cream to the stove.
- Boil cream on minimal heat.
- Add vanilla and creamy softened butter to the chilled mass of chilled.
- Whip the cream until a mass of homogeneous consistency.
- From dough roll out thin cakes.
- We bake them in a dry hot skillet.
- Baked cakes grease abundantly cooled custard.
Favorite treat for the festive table
Many hostesses call this cake "Medovik" with custard "Kutuzov". Why this name was received by this pastry made from honey cakes is unknown. The uniqueness of this recipe lies in the fact that the dough is prepared very quickly and in perfect harmony with any cream. If you do not have enough time to brew the cream, use the already prepared mousse, syrup or chocolate.
- 0.5 kg of granulated sugar;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 250 g of creamy softened butter;
- 2 tbsp. l liquid honey;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. walnut kernels;
- 3 tbsp. sifted flour.
- Custard can be prepared according to any recipe that you have already tried.
- Getting to the kneading dough. To do this, in a large bowl beat the egg mass.
- To the whipped mass add honey and granulated sugar.
- In a water bath or in a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add oil to cooked egg mixture.
- Baking soda extinguish lemon freshly squeezed juice and add to the mixture.
- Pour sifted flour, chopped walnut kernels and vanilla into the liquid mass.
- Knead the dough.
- We divide the dough into equivalent parts and roll them into thin layers.
- We bake cakes for 12-15 minutes at a temperature threshold of 180 °.
- We grease the baked biscuit base with custard, insist the cake for 8-10 hours.
Honey cakes have become classic home baking. And in combination with custard, these cakes have no equal. Cook with pleasure "Honey", indulge your household and enjoy the unsurpassed taste of simple, but at the same time refined pastries. Enjoy your meal!