Almost no feast is complete without a fish snack. Preparing delicious, fragrant and savory spicy salted mackerel at home is quite simple. Believe me, the taste of such fish will in no way yield to store products.
Home Fisheries: Salting Secrets
Today, in the grocery store you can buy fresh or frozen fish carcass. Mackerel fell in love with many of us, not only for the original taste, but also for the aesthetic appearance. Such fish, we often serve to the daily or holiday table.
Today we will learn how to pickle mackerel on our own. Before you begin the cooking process, check out a number of helpful tips:
- both fresh and chilled mackerel can be used for salting;
- frozen fish carcass must first be defrosted naturally;
- the fish is thoroughly washed after dressing and dried;
- You can use cloth or paper towels for drying;
- the head, tail and fins are necessarily cut from the fish carcass, the entrails are also removed;
- if you wish, you can separate the ridge and remove the large bones;
- to make mackerel salted faster, it is better to cut the carcass into equal portions;
- salted mackerel can be dry or marinade;
- for salting by the dry method, it is necessary to use coarse-grained salt and seasonings;
- Coriander, a mixture of peppers, lemon juice, laurel leaf and mustard powder complement the taste of fish best of all;
- if you salt the fish in the marinade, then it must first be boiled and then cooled to a temperature mark of 40 °;
- salting time depends on the size of the fish carcass, but on average is about 3 days;
- so that the fish is well salted by the dry method, the carcass must be wrapped with food film or placed in a plastic container;
- After dry salting, the mackerel should be thoroughly rinsed off with salt residue.
Mackerel pickle: the best recipe for a delicious snack
As already mentioned, almost no meal is complete without a fish snack. It is mackerel that is always held in high esteem among snacks. Her fillet is very tender, moderately fat and incredibly tasty. We suggest you use this simple recipe for spicy salted mackerel at home. For this we need to cook the marinade. Salting in this way takes about 12 hours, then you can serve a snack to the table.
- 2-3 pieces fish;
- 1 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 3 tbsp. filtered water;
- 3 tbsp. l salts;
- 1 lemon;
- 1 PC. onions;
- 2 pcs. dried cloves;
- 2-3 pieces sheets of laurel.
- Thoroughly wash the mackerel carcass, make an incision along the abdomen and clean the insides.
- Next, we cut the mackerel into portioned equal pieces.
- Prepare the necessary seasonings.
- Pour filtered water into the pan and add all the spices according to
- proportions indicated in the recipe.
- Bring marinade to a boiling state, granulated sugar and salt should be completely dissolved.
- Cool the cooked marinade to a temperature mark of 30 °.
- We spread the pieces of mackerel in a glass container and pour them with marinade.
- We send mackerel in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Onion peeled and cut into rings.
- Before serving, season the mackerel with freshly squeezed lemon juice and onion rings.
Gourmet Whippy Fish Snack
In a few hours guests will come to you, but you do not know how to surprise them with a dish? Try to make a delicious and flavorful fish snack. Homemade spicy salted mackerel at home will be salted in 4 hours. For its salting you need a minimum set of products.
- 1 PC. mackerel;
- 150 grams of coarse salt;
- 150 grams of sugar;
- to taste a mixture of peppers;
- 1 onion;
- 2 pcs. laurel leaves;
- 1000 ml of filtered water;
- to taste vegetable refined oil and vinegar.
- Prepare the mackerel carcass and cut it as described in the previous recipe.
- Place the pieces of mackerel in a glass bowl and add a small pinch of coarse-grained salt, a mixture of peppers and sheets of laurel. All thoroughly mixed.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin rings.
- Pour filtered water into the pan and mix it with coarse-grained salt and granulated sugar.
- Bring marinade to a boil, and then cool to room temperature.
- Fill the mackerel with the cooled marinade, add the chopped onion and stir again.
- We spread the pieces of mackerel with marinade in a glass jar and close tightly with a lid.
- Fish salted for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, we season the mackerel with vinegar and refined vegetable oil.
Fragrant golden mackerel
Mackerel attracts us not only with its exquisite taste, but also with its beautiful appearance. An unforgettable view of a small fish gives a golden color to its back. Do you still think that a very tasty spicy salted mackerel at home is unlikely to work out? We will reveal to you a recipe according to which you can not only prepare a delicious and savory fish snack, but also achieve a beautiful rich golden color. To give the mackerel color, we will use nothing more than onion peel. Believe me, homemade salting mackerel neither in taste nor in appearance will differ from a store product.
- 2 pcs. mackerel;
- 1000 ml of filtered water;
- 3 tbsp. l liquid smoke;
- 3 tbsp. l coarse salt;
- 2 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 3 cups onion peel.
- Dried onion peel thoroughly washed, and then lay out in a deep container and fill with filtered water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and continue to boil for another 20 minutes.
- Then set aside the onion decoction to the side and cool it.
- Prepare the mackerel as described in the previous recipes.
- You do not need to carve the mackerel into pieces, we will salt it whole.
- After cooling onion broth, filter it through gauze cut or sieve.
- Then add salt, granulated sugar and liquid smoke to the broth.
- We mix everything up to the complete dissolution of salt and sugar crystals.
- Next, take a plastic bottle and cut the neck.
- Vertically we lay out the carcasses of mackerel. Tails should be at the top.
- Fill the mackerel with cooked onion broth so that the carcasses are completely covered with marinade.
- Put the container with mackerel in a dark place for 48 hours.
- For salting is best to keep the fish at room temperature.
- After the allotted time, remove the mackerel carcasses from the onion pickle and hang them for 30-60 minutes vertically by the tails.
- After drying, rub the mackerel carcass with vegetable oil.
To prepare spicy salted mackerel at home, you can use various seasonings for fish. It all depends on personal taste preferences. Please note that the fish, cut into pieces, salted faster than a whole carcass. The taste of the snack will also be affected by the quality of the selected mackerel. If you use frozen carcasses, then thaw them naturally beforehand. A few drops of liquid smoke will give mackerel an exquisite aroma, and you will smell like a smokehouse. Enjoy your meal!