To deny the advantages of fast food is an absolutely hopeless undertaking. It is tasty, satisfying and, most importantly, fast. Bun with sausage, richly watered sauce, - classic "street" food. But you can cook the famous hot dog at home. And then even principled fans of healthy eating can pamper themselves with the fragrant hot dog.
Home - better!
The story of the appearance of buns with long sausages in the sauce inside started in the late 19th century. This food quickly won many fans around the world. Indeed, it is convenient to eat a hot dog, you can quickly get enough, and most importantly, you will not have to wait long for it to be cooked - unlike lunch, for example, in a cafe. However, there are those who deny the benefits of hot dogs. They say it is very fatty, high-calorie, and therefore, harmful food for humans. But the two irreconcilable camps - the adherents and antagonists of fast food - can be found a good compromise in the face of homemade hot dog.
Homemade fast food can be no different from the purchase. Moreover, you can safely give it to children in school, because for each product that is part of a sandwich, you can vouch. In the domestic "hot dog":
- the amount of mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup you need;
- really tasty sausage;
- fresh bun;
- quality salad.
Cooking such a snack is completely easy, so it can be the first specialty of your child, which only masters the wisdom of cooking.
How to make a hot dog at home?
The success of the home version of the "street" snack depends on two factors - the quality of the products and the proportions in which you use them. As for the first item, it is important to pay attention to the sausages. From cheap varieties in which there is little meat, a delicious hot dog will not work.
No less important and bun. Besides that the base for a hot dog should be fresh, it is better to use yeast dough for its preparation. The dough for the base is made sweetish - then the sandwich will turn out even tastier. Of course, you can use ready-made buns, but then you have to be sure of their quality.
The proportions of adding mayonnaise, tomato sauce or ketchup and mustard depend on your preferences. If you do not want to get too high-calorie sandwich, then do not add mayonnaise. For those who do not like too sharp mustard, you can take tender or mustard with the addition of horseradish. Vegetable component is usually represented by cabbage and carrots, but in summer this set can be replaced or supplemented with cucumber or tomato.
Hot dog with homemade buns
We offer you a hot dog recipe, which uses homemade buns, not purchased ones. So, consider the sequence of cooking baking.
- 500 g of sifted wheat flour;
- 60 g of melted butter;
- 40 ml of vegetable oil to lubricate the form;
- 1.5 Art. homemade milk;
- 1.5 Art. filtered water;
- 1.5 Art. l white sugar;
- 1.5 tsp. dry yeast;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- 1 egg.
- Dissolve the yeast in the heated milk.
- Making a brew. Add 250 g of flour to the yeast mixture, mix the products and put in heat for 30 minutes.
- Pour the oil into the brew, pour in white sugar, salt and flour residue.
- Stir the mixture, set for 1.5 hours to approach.
- In a deep bowl, beat the egg.
- We divide the dough into several parts, from the resulting pieces form a long loaf.
- We spread the blanks on the oiled form and cover the buns with egg mixture.
- We bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, the temperature of which was brought to 200 degrees. To make hot dogs, let the rolls cool.
To make a "hot dog", some rolls are not enough, so we’ll dwell on the basic recipe for snacks in general.
- lettuce leaves;
- Russian mustard;
- tomato sauce or ketchup;
- salad mayonnaise;
- shredded cabbage;
- grated carrot.
- Slightly fry sausages on the grill or skillet.
- Heat the rolls in the microwave until crisp, cut along the top.
- We put a leaf of lettuce, on it - a sausage.
- Pour the mustard sausage, top with ketchup.
- Mix cabbage and carrots, season with mayonnaise.
- Then put a little cabbage salad. Serve hot.
Hot dog in pita bread
Armenian lavash makes an excellent company stuffing "hot dog". It is only important to correctly fold a piece of tortilla so that the sauce does not flow out.
- salted cucumbers;
- grated carrot;
- salad mayonnaise.
- Fold the pita bread in half.
- Put cucumbers, pour them with mayonnaise on top.
- Put the sausage on this "pillow", add mustard and ketchup.
- Last we put the carrot.
- Wrap the pita so that the envelope with one open edge is obtained.
Ideally, before eating such a sandwich should be heated on a grill or at least in the microwave.
You can add hot dog stuffing, focusing on your own taste preferences. These can be variants of playing up national cuisines. For example, add hard cheese and get a french hot dog. And chili and red onion will make your sandwich mexican. If you like Ukrainian cuisine, then put a piece of bacon on the sausage and sprinkle with garlic.
Hot dog cooking at home is a snap. Especially since you can take a muffin ready, and not spend time baking. Just be sure to use quality sausages for a hot dog. But with additives to the sauce, you can easily experiment by adding a hot dog of national color.