Hercules porridge, or, as it is called by the people, porridge, has always been the favorite breakfast of the aristocrats. The first country where it found its place in the sun was Scotland, and the name "oatmeal porridge" comes from the trademark of the same name. In fact, this is the usual oatmeal. It would seem, what could be simpler than cooking oatmeal porridge? But there will always be those who decided to cook this healthy dish for the first time.
Nutrition value and caloric content of a product
For every 100 grams of ready-made cereal there are 70.9 kilocalories. Porridge is very rich in carbohydrates: if taken in relation to 100 g, it will be 100: 12. This amount is enough to fill the 3.8% of the daily intake of carbohydrates for humans. 6.8% gives fiber, which is contained in the porridge in the ratio of 100: 1.7. Fats make up 1.5 g, which is 2.1% of the total daily intake required for the human body. Proteins - 2.5 g. And 1.7 g of fiber, contained in 100 g of finished porridge, replenishes 6.8% of the daily requirement.
The advantage of oatmeal porridge is that it contains no cholesterol, in meager amounts - sugar, sodium and saturated fats. At the same time porridge is rich in phosphorus and selenium. Among the grain oats - the leader in the content of essential amino acids.
Useful properties of porridge
Due to its high fiber content, oatmeal is very useful for the gastrointestinal tract. Oat flakes act as a means of cleaning the intestines, because they take out all the slags from it. Oatmeal is very useful in diseases of the stomach. It has an enveloping property that facilitates digestion. Cardiologists recommend eating porridge to prevent heart disease and lower blood cholesterol.
The high level of fiber and low calorie product make oatmeal porridge diet. Trace elements and vitamins improve metabolism, which again suggests that oatmeal is more beneficial for people who are overweight. Including because proteins and cellulose increase muscle tissue and do not allow fat to accumulate in the body.
Vitamin B contained in porridge normalizes digestion and has a positive effect on the skin. Therefore, people suffering from allergies and dermatitis should make oatmeal porridge a basic and daily dish. Phosphorus and calcium, which are present here in abundance, strengthen nails, hair, bones. In this case, porridge will prevent problems with the musculoskeletal system. In view of all its properties, oatmeal is also an excellent antioxidant, which is so necessary to maintain the beauty of the body and the youth of the body.
Hercules porridge with milk
By its caloric content, oatmeal in milk exceeds the performance of this dish, prepared with the use of water. It is rich in fat, so it is not recommended to use it every day. So, to know for sure how to cook porridge on milk, we give an example of a simple recipe.
- oatmeal flakes - 1 tbsp .;
- butter - 50 g;
- milk - 3 t .;
- salt and sugar to your own taste.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and salt to boiled milk.
- Oatmeal does not need to be cleaned, so immediately pour them into a container.
- Cook porridge over moderate heat, stirring constantly. If you have whole grains, then the time of their cooking to full readiness will be half an hour. If you cook Hercules, 10 minutes will be enough.
- Add butter to the finished porridge and let it brew for 5 minutes.
Your breakfast is ready! However, knowing how many calories in oatmeal porridge in milk, eat it in moderation, so as not to harm the body.
Cook porridge on the water
Remember that oatmeal on water is a dietary product, so when cooking it, you can temper the amount of sugar. To sweeten and not reduce the beneficial properties of the finished porridge, it is better to add a spoonful of honey.
- oatmeal flakes - 1 tbsp .;
- water - 2.5 st .;
- salt - a pinch.
- Pour water into the pot and put it on fire.
- When it boils, add salt.
- Add flakes and cook, stirring, on a quiet fire for 15 minutes.
- Let it brew for 5 minutes.
Honey is best added to porridge before consumption, otherwise a hot product will spoil its beneficial properties.
Oatmeal with honey in a slow cooker
The slow cooker is a very convenient and useful thing in the kitchen. Porridge cooked in a slow cooker will not change in taste at all, but it will save your time.
- oatmeal flakes - 1 tbsp .;
- milk or water - 2 tbsp .;
- Mahar / Honey;
- Blend the bottom of the multi-cooker bowl with butter.
- Cover the flakes.
- Pour over the milk.
- Add sugar. If you want to make porridge without sugar, but sweet, then add honey before you eat it.
- If you want the porridge to thicken, then start the slow cooker for 20 minutes. For a more liquid consistency porridge will be enough for about 15 minutes.
In the finished porridge - it does not matter if it is cooked in milk, in water or in a slow cooker - you can add dried fruits or fresh fruits: an apple, a banana. They will make the dish even tastier and more nutritious. It is worth remembering that the porcine cereal on milk in a slow cooker will be just as high in calories as it is cooked on the stove. With its use can be limited to the minimum amount of sugar and fruit.
You have already seen that cooking oatmeal is easy. It would seem that there may be secrets of cooking! However, they are. To a healthy product was quite tasty, you must follow some rules.
- Five minutes porridge is suitable for people with sensitive stomachs and children. As a rule, the less processed the flakes are, the more time it takes to prepare them and the more useful properties they contain.
- It is not necessary to wash the cereal before cooking: it is disinfected during production.
- Do not use old flakes. Quality product should be white with a cream shade.
- The more water in the flakes, the thinner the porridge will turn out.
- Keep oat flakes in a cold place away from moisture.
Contraindications: to whom and why it is impossible to eat oatmeal?
You already know the usefulness of porridge, but it has contraindications. Oatmeal contains phytic acid. If you use porridge in unlimited quantities, this substance accumulated in the body will contribute to the leaching of calcium from the bones. Also, oatmeal is completely contraindicated for people with cereal intolerance.
How to choose oatmeal?
As a rule, on the package with oatmeal there are always certain labels that say a lot. For example, the product "Extra 3" undergoes long-term processing, and to cook such porridge it is enough to pour boiling water over it.
Flakes with the mark "Extra 2" are made from oatmeal slice. Due to its fine structure, such oatmeal can be cooked in 10 minutes.
Flakes "Extra 1" contain a lot of carbohydrates. Their structure is more dense due to the production of whole grains. They are very beneficial for the stomach. To prepare this product, it will take at least 15 minutes.
"Hercules" is included in a separate category of oatmeal. It is made from special varieties of oats, which give thick flakes. Hercules porridge is cooked for a long time, but it is she who has the richest content of useful elements.
Hercules porridge, or oatmeal, is very useful. If you include it in your diet, you will noticeably improve your health, your nails and hair will strengthen. You will notice that increased energy and strength. Eat oatmeal and be healthy!