Not so long ago, Korean cuisine was a wonder for people living in the former Soviet space. However, today sharp and savory oriental pickles have taken root in our area. One of these unusual dishes is fish heh. This is a raw filet, pickled with spices and vegetables. How to make heh of fish to make it really tasty?
A bit of history
Heh is considered to be both a dish and a starter in Korea. It is cooked both from meat and fish, mainly tuna or pollock. Heh originated in the 11th century in China; Confucius loved him very much. However, after a large-scale epidemic, it disappeared from Chinese cuisine, but it firmly entered Korean - in a new rethinking.
The recipe by which hehe is prepared in Korea, for a European will seem overly laborious. In this regard, further adapted cooking options will be given.
Cooking this dish is quite simple, but it requires skill. For heh you should take the fillet of any not too bony fish. Suitable both river and sea: mackerel, mullet, pelengas, catfish, pike perch, herring, salmon, pink salmon. You can cook from pike, but this inhabitant of the reservoirs is quite bony.
If you decide to make heh, do not take frozen fish. When defrosting, it will lose the integrity and "commodity" look. You can purchase ready-made fillet in the store, which will significantly reduce labor costs during cooking.
Cut the fish with a sharp knife into thin strips. Too thick skin is better to pre-remove, so heh did not turn out too hard.
After the vinegar is added, the pieces become brittle, so be careful when mixing. Otherwise, the fish will acquire the consistency of mush.
Since heh is a Korean dish, coriander and red pepper are sure to be present. Traditionally Korean squash also includes zucchini, carrots, cabbage, and eggplants.
Freshly prepared heh will be a great snack to alcohol, adding to meat and first courses. Slices of fish can be put on sandwiches or in tartlets, in salads.
Perhaps the proposed recipes will reflect little the taste of a real, very labor-intensive Korean dish, but it’s not difficult to cook them at home.
- 800 g fish fillet;
- 1 onion;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 1 tsp. Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp. l ground pepper;
- 2 tsp. vinegar;
- a pinch of salt;
- 1 hot pepper;
- 3 tbsp. l any vegetable oil.
- In salt chopped fish, pour salt, pour vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Peel the onion and chop it into rings.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan or a small saucepan.
- Mix fish, butter, onion, garlic, red pepper, sugar, sauce.
- Chop greens and hot peppers and put them in the dish.
- Soak the fish for 30 minutes and serve.
Such hehe fish, made according to the recipe classic, it will be easy to do at home for lunch or dinner. The ingredients of the dish are very simple and can be found in every hostess.
Heh in Korean
If you decide to cook Korean fish heh, the recipe will be a little more difficult.
- 300-400 g fish fillet;
- 1 tsp. coriander;
- 4-5 garlic cloves;
- 3-4 onions;
- 1 tbsp. l red pepper;
- 1.5 Art. l vinegar;
- 1 tbsp. l salts;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- soy sauce;
- vegetable oil.
- Heat a frying pan, add butter and fry red pepper in it quickly.
- Peel and chop the bulbs.
- Chop garlic and herbs chopped.
- Mix in a separate dish soy sauce, coriander, salt, pepper, vinegar, sugar.
- Mix the spices with chopped fish, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Mix again, put in small plates or bowls and serve.
Very tasty turns out heh from mackerel. The recipe includes few ingredients and is easy to prepare. The only difficulty is to buy fresh fish in the store, since mackerel is mostly sold frozen. It is necessary to handle it with extreme caution, because after thawing the fillet can break up.
- 1 mackerel;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tbsp. l lemon juice;
- 0.5 tsp. salts;
- 1 tsp. sugar sand;
- 1 tsp. vegetable oils;
- seasoning for Korean carrots.
- Cut mackerel fillets into thin strips.
- Onions clean and chop rings.
- Mix fish fillets and onions.
- Add salt, seasoning for carrots, sugar, lemon juice, vegetable oil.
- All ingredients are well mixed and put in a cold place for 6 hours.
This dish is convenient to cook in the evening and leave overnight in the refrigerator. Already in the morning you can eat delicious fish.
Marinated Mackerel Salad
- 1 kg of frozen or fresh mackerel;
- 3 carrots;
- 1 onion;
- 3 tsp. sesame seeds;
- 2 tsp. dried seasoning;
- 100 g of soy sauce;
- 0.5 liters of apple cider vinegar;
- salt, pepper, sugar to taste.
- Put fish fillet in a bowl with a wide bottom.
- Pour fish apple cider vinegar.
- Place flat dishes on top and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- At this time, clean the carrot and grate a long straw on a Korean grater. If such a grater is absent, you can just thinly chop the vegetable.
- Put the grated carrot in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, sugar, pepper. Mix. You can add 1 tbsp. l vinegar.
- Peeled onions cut into rings.
- Heat a frying pan well and pour vegetable oil into it.
- Onion and sesame seeds slightly fry.
- When the fish is pickled, fold it in a colander and put it to the carrot.
- Add onion, sesame and soy sauce.
- Mix well and leave the salad in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Heh from pike
Another version of the Korean dish, adapted to our conditions, is he from pike, which recipe can be prepared at home.
- 1 kg of fillet;
- 3 onions;
- 3 carrots;
- garlic head;
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 tbsp. l vinegar;
- black and red pepper;
- 1 tsp. coriander;
- 50 g vegetable oil.
- Cut pike fillets into strips.
- Peel carrots, onions and garlic. Grate the carrots, chop the onion, chop the garlic.
- Mix fish and vegetables, add sugar, spices, salt, vinegar.
- Vegetable oil is good to heat up in the pan.
- Pour out the fish and vegetables, mix.
- Add soy sauce.
- Put the mixture in a glass dish and leave to marinate for 12 hours.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped greens and serve.
Of course, one of the easiest cooking options for heh fish is a classic recipe. However, if you want to surprise loved ones with an unusual taste, you should try and cook, for example, a dish in Korean. Fish, dressed with fragrant marinade with spices, is worthy of any holiday table.