Wanted culinary diversity? Try to cook the hedgehogs in the oven in sour cream sauce. In everyday life, this dish we used to call meatballs. Delicious, nourishing, fragrant and soft balls of meat fillet like both adults and children. The secret ingredient of this dish is gravy. It is she who gives an unusual taste and flavor to meatballs.
Hedgehogs in the oven in sour cream or tomato sauce are considered to be a very popular and affordable dish. You can diversify your diet and pamper the household with delicious meat balls cooked under the most delicate cream, cheese, tomato or other sauce. The taste of the food is directly affected by the sauce and meat you choose. That is why experienced cooks recommend using meat fillets for cooking hedgehogs, and not store stuffing.
A few simple tips will help you to make a real royal dish of regular meatballs:
- Cook the stuffing yourself by mixing different types of meat fillets.
- It perfectly combines to taste chicken, pork and beef fillet. So meatballs are more tender and juicier.
- In the oven, the meatballs are cooked for about 30-40 minutes and turn out to be unusually tasty and fragrant.
- It is best to use raw or steamed rice. Note that in the process of heat treatment, it will increase in volume by about 1.5-2 times.
- Classic and obligatory ingredients are chicken eggs, garlic cloves and onions.
- Add some soft bread to stick the minced meat. For these purposes, it is better to choose stale bread.
- Meatballs can be breaded in breadcrumbs or flour.
- Professional chefs recommend initially sending the meatballs to the oven for 5-7 minutes without gravy, and only then add the prepared sauce.
- Gravy must be fully covered with raw meatballs so that the meat is evenly baked.
- To preserve the juiciness and healthy properties of the dish, the pan with hedgehogs can be covered with foil.
- In the finished dish, add chopped greens to taste.
- Meatballs are perfectly combined with any vegetable garnish, and also play a role of an independent and high-grade dish.
Let's add variety to our daily menu.
If your child hears the name "hedgehogs", then he will certainly want to try this dish. Even the most capricious gourmet will taste meatballs with pleasure. Today we will cook the hedgehogs in the oven in sour cream sauce. Recipe with a photo will help you with this. Choose only fresh and high-quality meats and do not forget about the above tips. They will help to turn all boring meatballs into an extraordinary masterpiece of cooking.
- 0.5 kg of pork and beef fillet;
- sour cream - 0.2 l;
- 1-2 tbsp. l tomato;
- 2 pcs. onions;
- 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
- seasoning and salt to taste;
- ½ tbsp. rice cereal.
- Boil rice cereal to the state of semi-ready.
- Then we wash it thoroughly and fold it in a colander to get rid of excess fluid.
- If desired, raw rice can be steamed with boiling water.
- In a separate bowl, mix the minced pork and beef sirloin to the consistency of minced meat.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Peel the bulbs and cut them into small cubes.
- Chopped onions add to bowl with minced meat.
- Now we put the rice cereal in a bowl and mix everything thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomato paste with mayonnaise and sour cream. To prepare the liquid sauce, add a little filtered water.
- We moisten hands with water and make meatballs. Do not forget that rice during heat treatment will increase in size.
- Bottom pan grease abundantly sour cream.
- We lay out meatballs from above.
- Peel the carrots, rinse, and then rub them on a medium grater.
- Sprinkle the meatballs with grated carrots and pour over the previously prepared sauce.
- We send a baking tray with hedgehogs in the oven, preheated to a temperature mark of 180 °. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Delicious hedgehogs with cheese notes
And now let's make hedgehogs from minced meat with rice in sour cream sauce under a cheese crust. In this case, we will also bake the meatballs in the oven. Boiled rice groats are suitable for making minced meat. Some hostesses have already conducted an experiment and found that meatballs perfectly harmonize not only with sour cream, but also with cream. These products are interchangeable, so you can safely use fat cream.
- 0.7 kg minced meat;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- 1 tbsp. boiled rice cereal;
- 100 g of hard cheese;
- 250 g cream or sour cream;
- to taste seasonings.
- In a separate bowl lay out the chopped meat fillet.
- Add boiled rice, chicken eggs and seasonings. All thoroughly mixed until a mass of homogeneous consistency.
- From the prepared mixture we make balls and place them in a heat-resistant container.
- Fill the meat balls with cream or sour cream.
- Send the meatballs in the oven for 30-40 minutes and simmer them at a temperature threshold of 180 °.
- Meanwhile, grind grated cheese.
- When the meatballs are ready, sprinkle them with grated cheese on top and send them to the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
- We enjoy the taste of tender meatballs in a creamy cheese sauce.
Create a culinary masterpiece
This recipe for meat hedgehogs will require a small amount of time and money. Believe me - the taste of the finished dish will pleasantly surprise you.
- 0.5 kg of pork and beef fillet;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 3 tbsp. l rice cereal;
- 2 onions;
- 5 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 4 things. garlic cloves;
- 4 tbsp. l vegetable refined oil;
- seasoning and pepper mix;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water.
- Boil the rice grits to the state of semi-preparation, carefully wash and decant the remaining water.
- Mix in a separate bowl cooked minced rice cereal.
- Add salt, eggs and seasonings to taste, mix the stuffing.
- From the prepared mixture we make meat balls and lay them in one layer in a heat-resistant container.
- Peel and chop vegetables.
- Paste onions and carrots in refined vegetable oil until fully cooked.
- Add sour cream and water, bring the sauce to a boil and set aside.
- Fill the meatballs half full with filtered water and then pour the prepared sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic on top.
- Cover the heat resistant container with foil and send to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Stew the dish at a temperature of 170-180 °.
As you can see, from a simple set of products you can make a very healthy and extremely tasty dish. Meatballs baked in the oven with sour cream sauce will add variety to your usual diet and become one of the favorite dishes of the household. Enjoy your meal!