Hedgehogs from minced meat with rice in a multi-cooker is a hearty and tasty dish. Little kids especially love it, because it has a delicate flavor. Hedgehogs are like ordinary meatballs, the only difference is in some ingredients. And cook them easily and quickly. We have selected for you some of the best recipes, using which you will create a real culinary masterpiece.
How to cook hedgehogs from minced meat with rice: tips from experienced hostesses
Each housewife has her own secrets of cooking hedgehogs with rice in a slow cooker, which they happily share with us:
- for cooking hedgehogs in a slow cooker of any model, you need to use the "Quenching" program;
- if you want the dish to be dietary or cook for small children, then you should use the program "Steamed";
- hedgehogs are traditionally cooked in tomato or sour cream sauce, some housewives make mixed gravy;
- stuffing for hedgehogs is better to twist yourself, and if you use the purchased one, then choose a chilled, not a frozen product;
- the dish can be prepared from any stuffing: chicken, beef, pork;
- balls are better to form a small size - so they will have a more rich and delicate taste.
So, we got acquainted with the basics, it's time to move from theory to practice.
Hedgehogs meatballs: a recipe with photos
This recipe involves cooking hedgehogs using tomato paste. However, if you are cooking for children, it is better to take tomatoes instead of pasta.
- minced chicken - 500 g;
- rice - 0.5 tbsp .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- onion head;
- tomato paste - 3-4 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaves;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- a mixture of peppers and salt.
- Grate carrots on a medium grater, and cut onions into small cubes.
- The bottom of the multicooker bowl should be lubricated with sunflower oil and put vegetables. We include the program "Baking" and fry the onions with carrots.
- Mince thoroughly mash with a fork, drive an egg, add rice, spices and salt. Do not forget to mix everything thoroughly.
- In a slow cooker to vegetables add tomato paste and mix.
- We make hedgehogs with minced meat. Remember, they should not be large. Put them on vegetables in a slow cooker.
- Close the lid and leave the dish to cook in the same program for 10 minutes.
- After a specified time, add water to the slow cooker. It is better to take boiled or filtered. Water is poured in such a way that it covers our hedgehogs about 2/3 of the part. Add a bay leaf to the bowl.
- Now you need to turn on the program "Quenching" and prepare before it ends (as a rule, it takes 1 hour).
- A sound signal means that our hedgehogs made of minced meat with rice are ready. You can serve them with potatoes or any porridge.
Some housewives do this: tomato paste is not added to vegetables, but diluted with water and then just poured meatballs.
Hedgehogs in cream sauce
And now let's cook hedgehogs in the softest sour cream sauce. It gives the dish an exquisite taste.
- minced meat (any) - 500 g;
- rice - 0.5 tbsp .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- onion - 2 pcs .;
- sour cream - 200 g;
- salt, pepper mixture;
- mayonnaise - 3 tbsp. l
- Mince need to salt and season with spices, and then mix well.
- Rice should be washed under running water, and then boil over medium heat until half cooked.
- Onions need to chop (you can blender) and add to the stuffing.
- Semi-cooked rice is also laid out in a stuffing and mix well.
- Cooking sauce: mix mayonnaise and sour cream until smooth.
- Take a little sauce and grease them with a bowl of multicooker.
- Formed from medium minced meatballs.
- Rub the carrots and add it to the sauce.
- Hedgehogs spread in a slow cooker, and pour over the sour cream sauce.
- Turn on the program "Quenching" and prepare before it ends.
- The finished dish can be sprinkled with herbs.
Dietary dish: steamed
To hedgehogs turned diet, they can be steamed in a slow cooker. In the recipe, we use ground beef, but those who follow the calories consumed can be replaced with chicken. These hedgehogs are very well combined with vegetables and potatoes.
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- rice - 1 tbsp .;
- onion head;
- 1 chicken egg;
- water - 1.5 l;
- salt and spice mix.
- First of all, you need to mash the mince well with a fork or skip it through a meat grinder. Then add salt and spice mix to it, mix everything well.
- Now you need to drive an egg into the minced meat and mix to a uniform consistency.
- Onions should be chopped (do it better with a blender), and then it must be added to the stuffing. Do not forget to mix.
- Rice must be washed several times under running water and add to the stuffing. Again, mix well.
- Now you need to prepare a slow cooker: pour 1.5 liters of water into the bowl and install the device for steaming.
- We make small meatballs out of minced meat and place them on a grid in a slow cooker.
- Turn on the slow cooker in a mode designed for steaming, and wait until the water boils well.
- After the water boils, you need to cook our meatballs for 1 hour.
- After the time we lay the hedgehogs on a plate and sprinkle with greens. Enjoy your meal!
As you can see, cooking hedgehogs from minced meat with rice in a slow cooker does not take much time and effort. All you need to do is meatballs and gravy, and our kitchen assistant can handle the rest. Cook with pleasure!