Beef heart is a popular by-product with a low calorie content and rich taste, nutritionally and satiating not inferior to meat. Dishes from it are considered to be real delicacies. Many restaurants offer snacks based on beef heart. The recipe for cooking at home can be selected from a variety of options.
Beef heart is a valuable source of iron and trace elements of group B, containing 5 times less fat in comparison with meat and only 87 kilocalories. Experts recommend that this by-product be sure to include in the menu for those who are engaged in heavy physical labor and the elderly. In cooking, beef heart is valued for its taste and good compatibility with vegetables, sauces and seasonings.
How to prepare a future delicacy?
The quality of the offal is the key to a delicious ready meal. Therefore, when buying, pay special attention to the freshness and appearance. Untreated beef heart should be saturated burgundy, without spots or grayish plaque.
Before heat treatment, the product is washed under running water, scrape the fat, cut in half and remove the aorta, blood vessels, clots of coagulated blood. Regardless of how you cook your heart (boil, fry, simmer, make stuffing, etc.), it is advisable to soak it in cold water for at least 2 hours.
Raw by-product is used only for cooking meat for meatballs and meatballs. In other cases, it should always be boiled beforehand so that it becomes soft. This can be done in two ways.
- For a tasty and rich broth, the heart is cooked like this: immerse it completely in cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. The first, muddy, broth is drained, poured again with cold water, brought to a boil, and then boiled over a minimum heat for about 2 hours; Foam necessarily removed.
- In order to prepare a tasty heart for salad, stewing or frying, use the following cooking technology: the heart is placed in boiling water for 5 minutes. The first broth is poured. Then the new batch of water is brought to the boil again, the fire is reduced to the very minimum and the by-product is cooked for 2 hours, constantly removing the foam.
Boiled fragrant beef heart: a simple recipe
Boiled heart - the easiest way to cook a by-product. It can be served as a separate dish, a light snack.
- 1 beef heart;
- 1 large onion;
- 2 pcs. bay leaf;
- 7 black peppercorns;
- Prepare by-product: clean from vascular tubes, soak.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil and put the heart in there. After an hour, add salt and pepper, cook for about an hour.
- The finished heart is soft, easily punctured with a wooden skewer.
- When the heart is cooked, put bay leaf in the broth, soak the by-product on low heat for another 5 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Chill without getting out of the broth.
- Serve the finished product to the table, cut into thin plates, as a snack or with a side dish of potatoes and greens.
Braised beef heart with vegetables
The way of making by-product is simple, and the result is an incredibly tasty and satisfying lunch or dinner.
- 1 boiled beef heart (about 500 g);
- 3 pickled cucumbers;
- 4 potatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 500 g tomatoes;
- Chop the onion finely and paste it until transparent.
- Cut the potatoes into slices and fry over high heat until golden brown.
- In the thick-walled dishes fold previously fried vegetables.
- Add sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, herbs and beef heart (cut it into slices).
- Pour in some water, salt and simmer on medium heat until the potatoes are soft (about 20 minutes).
Recipe for cooking beef heart in a slow cooker
Cooking this by-product in a slow cooker is a great opportunity to concoct a surprisingly tasty delicacy without spending a lot of time.
- 600 g of beef heart;
- 200 g onions;
- 200 g carrots;
- 90 g unscented vegetable oil;
- 100 g of tomato paste;
- 0.5 liters of water;
- salt pepper.
- Wash beef heart, soak in water and boil.
- Pour butter in a multi-bowl, place carrots and onions finely chopped, turn on the “stewing” option for 15 minutes.
- Cut the heart into portions and place on top of the roasted vegetables.
- Prepare the sauce: Pour the tomato paste with hot water, season with spices, salt, pour into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, set the "stewing (meat)" function, set the cooking time to 50 minutes.
- Serve separately or with boiled potatoes and greens.
Roast beef heart
Step-by-step recipe with a photo will tell you how to make an aromatic delicacy from a healthy by-product on a griddle.
- 400-600 g of beef heart;
- 2 medium bulbs;
- 2 tbsp. l flour;
- greens, salt, pepper.
- Pre-boiled heart cut into oblong pieces, salt, pepper and roll in flour.
- Heat the butter in a pan and lay out the by-product.
- Broil over moderate heat until browning.
- Finely chop the onion and fry it separately until it is transparent or golden.
- 2 minutes before the by-product is ready, add onions to the pan, stir, hold the remaining time on the fire and turn off the stove, sprinkle with herbs.
Beef Heart Goulash Recipe
The dish will surely please you with its taste and ease of preparation. In his case, you can use interchangeable products. For example, replace tomato paste with ripe tomatoes, add garlic for sharpness, etc.
- 500 g of beef heart;
- 1 tbsp. l flour;
- 2 carrots;
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 1 onion;
- 1 pepper;
- salt pepper.
- Wash the heart, peel, soak, boil and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Put the by-product in hot oil and fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes, then add onion and fry for another 10 minutes.
- Fill the heart with warm water onions so that it completely covers them. Wait until everything boils, put the fire on at least, cover the dishes with a lid and simmer for about 1 hour.
- After 40 minutes, add the remaining chopped vegetables, salt and pepper.
- 10 minutes after laying the vegetables, enter the tomato paste into the composition, stew for 10 minutes and turn off the heat.
- If you wish, you can supplement the dish with greens, bay leaf.
Even an inexperienced hostess can cook an exquisite beef heart dinner. Try it and you will add to your menu a plainly executed, but very tasty and healthy dish. You will not regret it if you serve a by-product with a side dish of boiled potatoes, which are abundantly sprinkled with finely chopped greens.