Very appreciate and love halva in the east. It is made from walnuts, sesame and, of course, seeds. In Russia, halvah from sunflower seeds has long been fond of all. It is a pity, in the purchase of halva a lot of sugar in the composition. In the case of cooking halva by yourself at home, this can be avoided. Instead of sugar, you need to take raisins, and then - enjoy home-made halvah as you like!
Halva at home
The composition of homemade halva
To make 150 g of halva you will need:
- 1 cup fried peeled sunflower seeds;
- 2 tablespoons of raisins;
- slightly unrefined sunflower oil (2-3 tablespoons).
Making halvah at home
- Prepare the blender for work. Crush seeds in it.
- Add the raisins to the seeds and continue to grind everything in a blender.
- Finally, add a little vegetable and scroll a little more (about a minute).
- We get the mixture from the blender. You can put halva in any mold, you can dazzle with a round shape or a kind of sausage.
- Then put the halva in the refrigerator so that it hardens.
- We take out from the refrigerator in an hour. Halva is ready!
You can cook halva, replacing seeds with nuts or taking seeds and nuts in equal quantities. Experiment! Try halvah with pumpkin seeds or peanuts. Add more dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes, dates) - and you get a new dish!
Bon appetit and creative mood!