Salads - versatile dishes that fit perfectly into the festive menu, perfectly complement daily lunches and dinners. No exception and Greek salad. Cheese recipe is an excellent European variation of the famous dish. How to cook it by the rules and how can you diversify?
Meet Greek Salad
Homeland salad of tomatoes, feta, olives and olive oil is Greece. There it is called village, because it was in the rural taverns that they began to prepare this dish in order to feed all the tourists who flooded the local lands in the 20th century. The smart house owners mixed all the products that were on hand, spiced up the dish with traditional olive oil - and invented another way to glorify their country! There is a version that even the statement "Plant a village girl at the table - he and his feet on the table" is associated with the appearance of Greek salad.
Today it is included in the menu of all institutions in Greece and most European restaurants. It is also connected with the fact that the set of products for a dish is minimal, they are available in almost every corner of the world. Europeans appreciate the rustic salad for the fact that it is quickly prepared, looks beautiful and is instantly eaten. It contains proteins, fats and carbohydrates - all the necessary elements to maintain the viability of the body. In addition, the salad contains:
- dietary fiber that improves the work of the gastrointestinal tract (in vegetables);
- endorphins synthesizing folic acid (in lettuce leaves);
- Vitamins C, E, which perform immunostimulating and rejuvenating functions (in olive oil);
- liver antioxidants (in olives);
- bacteria and microorganisms that are good for the intestines (in cheese);
- B-group vitamins, which have a beneficial effect on nerves, muscles and improve memory (in basilica).
Classic Greek Rustic Salad
The main "signs" of the classic version of the Mediterranean salad are:
- feta is a cheese made from the milk of sheep or goats;
- coarsely chopped components of the dish.
I must say that feta is used for a reason: its special taste with sourness sets off the flavor nuances of olives, oil and vegetables. Therefore, if you want to try the "real" salad, then carefully consider the ingredients.
- 12 pcs cherry tomatoes;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- ½ sweet pepper;
- 15-20 small olives;
- ½ medium onion;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 2 basil leaves;
- 250 g of feta;
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- lettuce leaves (lettuce);
- salt pepper.
- We chop cucumber and tomatoes into large cubes, pepper, pepper, onion half rings.
- Finely cut the dill and basil.
- In a bowl, mix vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables with the mixture, add the greens.
- We cut large cheese and olives, add them to the salad.
- Putting salad on lettuce.
- Served with the main course.
Salad with cheese
As a rule, at home, Greek salad is prepared with cheese. It is slightly more acidic than feta, but the taste of the dish gives no less exquisite.
- 200 g fresh cheese;
- 6-7 fresh cherry tomatoes;
- 2 small fresh cucumbers;
- 2 sweet peppers - red and yellow;
- 1 lettuce;
- 15-20 large olives;
- 4-5 Art. l oils (olive);
- oregano, dried basil;
- We cut cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers into cubes, pepper in strips, and onions in half rings.
- Mix vegetables.
- Cut the olives in half, add to the vegetables.
- Put lettuce on the dish, vegetables on them, cheese on top.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, oregano, basil and pepper. We will not add salt, because the cheese is salty enough.
- Pour the vegetables dressing.
- All vegetables cut into cubes.
- Hands tear the salad.
- Mix the ingredients.
- We fill with oil.
- Add basil and oregano.
Recipe for a hearty salad with croutons and chicken
If you want to make a Greek salad more satisfying, you can add fried chicken fillet to it - and your table will decorate a delicious meat dish.
- 500 g chilled chicken fillet;
- 5-6 medium tomatoes;
- bunch of lettuce;
- 150 g of cheese;
- 20 pcs olives;
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 2 cloves of young garlic;
- 3 eggs;
- ½ lemon juice;
- 2 tsp. mustard;
- ½ loaves of white bread (or a pack of crackers with cheese flavor);
- salt pepper.
- Pre-soak the lettuce for a couple of hours in cold water.
- Put bread diced on a baking sheet, set for 15 minutes in the oven, maintain the temperature at 200 degrees.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Pour the oil into a preheated pan and fry the garlic for 5 minutes.
- Remove the garlic, and in the remaining oil, stew the crackers. Put them in a bowl.
- Dice fillet, fry it with spices in a frying pan, shift to the breadcrumbs.
- Boil the eggs, separate the yolks and proteins.
- Mash the yolks, send to the meat and add lemon juice and mustard, and squeeze the juice of 1 clove of garlic.
- Rub cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers, cut into large cubes, put in a dish.
- Finely chop the lettuce, black olives and pour them into a common dish.
- We fill with oil.
- Served with vegetable dishes and white wine.
The glory of the rustic salad spreads to the whole world. That is why there are so many options that allow you to cook Greek salad. Cheese recipe can be considered one of the most popular. And by adding to this or that ingredients, you can create a unique, "your" salad, which will remind you of sunny Greece.