One can hardly find someone who would not try the Greek salad with feta. This dish has gained immense popularity for its taste and ease of preparation. Therefore, the recipe for Greek salad with feta cheese is worthy to be in the culinary collection of each hostess.
As they say, all ingenious is simple. The history of the Greek salad, which is called "village" in its homeland, is also ordinary. After all, it was prepared from those products that were always on hand in any peasant family: tomatoes, olives and sheep cheese. A dish of such ingredients turns out to be very satisfying (therefore, it is often served with meat as a side dish). Despite this, the calorie content of Greek salad with feta cheese is only 140 kilocalories per 100 g. It is one of the most popular guests on the menu for those who try to keep an eye on their figure and prefer natural, healthy food. This salad is filled with only high-quality olive or vegetable oil, and mayonnaise, sour cream is not used in any variations.
A classic recipe for Greek salad with feta cheese
The composition of the snack includes, as already mentioned, simple and affordable vegetables. Despite the fact that Greek cuisine is unthinkable without specific seasonings and spices, nothing is added to this dish, except for fragrant onion and salt.
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 3 pcs. Bulgarian sweet pepper;
- 1 sweet onion;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 200 g of recommended cheese;
- olive oil;
- All vegetables qualitatively wash, dry and cut (except onions) into medium-sized cubes. Chop the garlic with a knife. If the cucumber skin is too thick, it is better to cut it.
- Onions cut into thin, translucent rings.
- Separately, chop the cheese into large cubes.
- Add olives to the salad as a whole, so make sure they are seedless.
- All the vegetables a little salt and mix, seasoned with oil. Top with cheese and olives cut in neat cubes. The finished dish can be decorated with small parsley leaves.
Greek salad with feta cheese and Chinese cabbage
A dish with the addition of Chinese cabbage acquires a very unusual taste, but remains light and satisfying.
- 1 head of cabbage;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 100 g of feta cheese;
- salt and oregano (optional);
- for dressing olive oil and lemon fresh.
- Wash tomatoes, dry and cut into cubes. It is desirable that the tomatoes were not overripe and keep their shape well.
- Chop the cabbage fork with the thinnest straws, put on a dish, salt, gently remember with your hands and leave for 15 minutes.
- After this time add to the cabbage diced cheese, tomatoes, halves of olives. Sprinkle the ingredients with lemon juice, season with olive oil and put oregano. It can be replaced with Provence herbs, but it is not worth adding other spices (sesame seeds, marjoram, etc.).
- All mix thoroughly and lay a slide on the dish. Top can be decorated with greenery.
Greek salad with feta cheese and chicken
This dish will never leave indifferent the one who was lucky to try it. Salad is well served to the table as a supplement - snacks.
- 2 tomatoes;
- 3 cucumbers;
- 100 g of feta cheese;
- 500 g breast fillet;
- 1 lettuce;
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. l lemon juice:
- olives to taste;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- greens at will.
- It is very important that the chicken meat in the salad is soft and juicy. To do this, it must first be marinated in oil, lemon freshe and chopped garlic. Cut the fillet into small pieces, put all the ingredients in a bag and soak in the cold for 6 hours. And then fry the meat over medium heat until golden brown for 10 minutes.
- Cucumbers and tomatoes cut into cubes, onions - thin rings. Combine everything and add the cooled meat.
- Add olives, butter and cheese - the treat is originally from the Balkans ready.
What can replace feta cheese in Greek salad recipes?
Feta - goat cheese with goat milk, prepared in brine. Accordingly, it can serve as a substitute for any rennet cheese:
The best option is the well-known cheese, made from sheep's milk. True, in its structure it is more dense than feta cheese, and more salty. Therefore, for use in salads, take a smaller amount.
Greek salad is an original and very tasty appetizer, despite all its simplicity. She, like many other dishes, gives culinary professionals plenty of opportunities for experimentation. You can add even seafood to a salad and experiment with taste until you find your favorite options.