Greek salad has long been a favorite dish of Russian cuisine. Over time, his recipe has undergone many changes: new ingredients and various additives have appeared. Greek salad dressing is no exception: today there is a rich variety of cooking options. Let's look at some of the most interesting and piquant ways of dressing Greek salad.
The traditional recipe for dressing with the addition of olives
- red wine vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 6 olives;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- garlic - 1 slice;
- olive oil (preferably cold pressed) - ¼ cup;
- ¼ tsp salt;
- 1 lemon;
- black pepper (preferably freshly ground) - to taste.
- Mix wine vinegar and olive oil.
- To remove too aggressive taste of wine vinegar, you need to add 1 tsp. Sahara.
- Peel the garlic cloves, finely chop and add to the sauce.
- Using a culinary halo, whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Olives need to be very finely chopped.
- Add them to the sauce and mix well.
- Now you can fill the salad sauce and enjoy the excellent taste of the dish.
Delicious Greek salad dressing at home with yogurt
- 2 tbsp. low-fat Greek yogurt (can be replaced with regular);
- 1 large cucumber;
- 1 ½ tsp kosher (coarse) salt;
- ¼ tsp ground pepper;
- 2 tsp. olive oil;
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar;
- 60 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tsp. mint leaves or dill.
- If you do not have Greek yogurt, strain a simple one. To do this, put it in gauze or paper towel, then set over a cup and send to the refrigerator for about 1 hour. This simple action will help get rid of excess moisture.
- Cut the cucumber in half and remove the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Grate the cucumber on a fine grater and add 1 tbsp. l salt. Place the cucumber pulp on a sieve and put in the refrigerator.
- Put the yogurt in a bowl. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the cucumber, dry it a little with paper towels.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, passed through a press, chopped dill or mint, salt to the cucumber pulp. Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a whisk.
- Add the yoghurt and mix again until smooth.
- Yoghurt sauce can be immediately used as a salad dressing, but if you let it stand for a while, the dish will get a richer taste.
- Mix all ingredients with a mixer until smooth, except olive oil.
- Switch the mixer to low speed, continuing to mix, add oil in small portions.
- Let the sauce stand for about 1.5 hours, and then season it with Greek salad.
Gentle dressing in olive oil
- ¼ Art. freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- ¼ Art. white wine vinegar;
- 2 tsp. Sahara;
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or any other salad oil);
- ½ tsp kosher salt (coarse);
- ½ tsp red pepper ground flakes;
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- ½ tbsp. feta cheese;
- ¾ tsp Italian seasoning;
- ¼ tsp dry oregano.
- Stir in vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar, black pepper powder, flakes of red pepper and garlic.
- Beat the ingredients until smooth.
- Continuing to beat, pour in the oil.
- Turn off the blender and add the feta cheese. The pulsing movements of the blender need to beat the cheese with the mixture 2 times. If you want more creamy accent, you need to beat the mixture a few more times.
- Before dressing the salad, remove the sauce in a cool place for 1 hour.
Spicy Hellenic Honey Dressing
- ¼ Art. olive oil;
- ¼ Art. sea buckthorn honey;
- ¼ Art. low-fat yogurt;
- 1 ½ tbsp. l Dijon mustard;
- 1 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar;
- ½ tsp garlic powder;
- ¼ tsp salt;
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper.
- In a separate bowl with high sides, mix honey, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper, olive oil using a whisk. Alternatively, you can also use a food processor or blender.
- Continuing to stir, add the yogurt in small portions. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- The finished sauce must be brewed for 30-40 minutes. After that, you can fill them with Greek salad.
Cooking Greek salad does not end with just cutting vegetables. The sharpness and piquancy of this dish is emphasized by the dressing. Properly cooked sauce will be an excellent addition to the salad. You can change the ingredients of the dressing for the Greek salad to your taste and preferences. Enjoy your meal!