If you want to spoil yourself with some unusual and at the same time delicious dish, you should cook cabbage in Georgian. Among the advantages of this dish is not only its unique and inimitable taste, but also the fact that even an inexperienced hostess can decide to surprise her relatives.
Cabbage in Georgian with beets: a traditional recipe
- Vinegar 6% - 120-150 g
- Sugar - 180-220 g
- Salt 2-2.5 Art. l
- Seeds of fennel, dill and cilantro - 1 tsp.
- Carnation - 4-6 pcs.
- Black pepper milled - 1 tsp.
- Pepper - 6-9 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 6-9 pcs.
- Garlic - 9-15 cloves
- Beets - 2-3 pieces
- White cabbage - 1.5-2 kg
- The number of ingredients is calculated on a three-liter jar. First, we cut the cabbage and completely remove the stalk, since we do not need it.
- We cut each of the cabbage parts into squares or rhombuses (not very large, but not small).
- Peel the beets and chop raw slices with a short straw, you can grate them. Peel the garlic, and cut each clove into several pieces.
- We take the enameled container (suitable and ceramic) and lay out the cabbage first, then the beets and garlic. According to this scheme, we lay out all the ingredients to the top of the container and lightly tamp down all the layers.
- Then we make brine - in a saucepan we boil 2 liters of water, dissolve sugar and salt in it, add cloves, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
- We boil brine for a few more minutes, then we fasten the fire to the minimum and carefully add vinegar, while trying not to breathe it in pairs.
- Leave on the stove for another few minutes, but do not bring to a boil. In the marinade, you can add and vegetable oil, which is several times increases the safety of the workpiece.
- Now leave the marinade for a while until it cools, and then pour the cabbage to the top and leave it in reserve.
- After 2-3 days, add the marinade to the very edges.
- We press the cabbage with a flat object that easily enters the pan (for example, a lid or a plate), and we place a pressure on the top. Any stone is perfect as oppression.
- After 3-5 days the pickled cabbage will be fully prepared in Georgian. If desired, it can be decomposed into individual jars.
- This dish is beautifully stored in the refrigerator or on the balcony. If you made cabbage in a large container, you should immediately lower it into the cellar.
Marinated Crispy Cabbage
- Vinegar 9% (apple cider vinegar) - 200 g
- Sugar - 200 g
- Carnation - 2-3 pcs.
- Ground black pepper - 0,75-1 tsp.
- Allspice - 5-7 peas
- Bay leaf - 4-6 pcs.
- Boiled beets - 2-3 pcs.
- Garlic - 1 head
- White cabbage - 1 pc.
- Cut along the cabbage into 4 parts and remove the stalk. Now we divide each part by several. You can cut cabbage of any size.
- Boil the beets, leave for a while until it cools, then peel it and cut into thin strips.
- Garlic peel and cut the cloves into halves.
- We take a clean three-liter jar (if you wish, you can choose any other capacity that will be more convenient).
- All ingredients can be mixed or layed out as tightly as possible, at the end we tamp slightly.
- Now proceed to the preparation of brine - boil 2 liters of water, add the cloves, pepper, salt and sugar. Boil the brine a few more minutes, fasten the fire, pour vinegar.
- Tomim a couple of minutes brine on minimal heat, but do not let him boil. If you want to get a thicker marinade, then add another 300 g of vegetable oil.
- Ready marinade leave until it cools to room temperature.
- Fill the cabbage to the top and leave a little fill, as it will soon absorb the liquid and need to be added.
- Cover the cabbage, set the load on top and leave to marinate for about 4 days.
- You can store cabbage in the refrigerator or cellar. The longer it will marinate, the richer it will acquire color and taste.
- Cabbage, cooked according to this recipe, will be an excellent snack for kebabs and other meat dishes.
Canned cabbage winter
If you decide to cook cabbage in Georgian for the winter, then you should use the following recipe.
- Table vinegar - 110-140 g
- Coarse salt - 2-2.5 st. l
- White sugar - 180-220 g
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp.
- Dill seeds - 1 tsp.
- Coriander - 1 tsp.
- Carnation - 3-4 pcs.
- Black pepper (coarse) - 1 tsp.
- Allspice - 5-7 peas
- Bay leaf - 5-7 pcs.
- Garlic - 8-2 cloves
- Beets - 1 pc.
- White cabbage - about 2 kg.
- We take a head of cabbage, we wash it well and divide it into several parts, then we remove the stalk.
- Cabbage cut not very small squares (about 2x2 cm). We take beets, clean and chop them on a coarse grater (if you wish, cut beets into thin strips).
- Garlic clean and cut into 4 parts along.
- In an enamel or ceramic container lay out the cabbage, then beets and garlic. Lightly tamp down all the components, then report the required amount of cabbage.
- Now we need to start preparing the marinade - boil water (2 l) and dissolve sugar (1 tbsp.) And salt (2 tbsp. L.) In it.
- Add spices to the boiling liquid and cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes. You need to make sure that the marinade does not start to boil. Screw the fire to a minimum and boil for another couple of minutes, then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- After the marinade has cooled, pour the cabbage to the very edges, press it down with a load and, as necessary, add the marinade every few days.
- Once a day, cabbage should be pierced with a wooden stick or fork to the very bottom. After about 3 days you need to check the readiness of the cabbage. In the event that she had not yet had time to marinate, you need to wait a few more days.
- For storage, cabbage covered with a lid is placed in a cellar or refrigerator. Serve appetizer in a chilled way, seasoned with a small amount of vegetable oil.
Georgian cabbage is a spicy spicy snack that goes well with meat. The recipe of cooking is so simple that any person can handle it, even those who cannot cook. This cabbage can be immediately served on the table or closed in jars for storage for the winter.