Recipes for pike cooking have come to our cookbooks in the times of Ancient Russia, and it still remains the favorite dish of many. It can be served boiled, pickled, baked and stewed. Fried pike has an unrivaled taste, the recipes of which you will find in this article.
How to fry pike: cooking tips
So, an excellent pike fell into your hands. What to do with it, and how to cook it? The easiest and cost-effective way is roasting. Fried fish fillet is quite dense, elastic and appetizing. But here you need to take into account some features:
- Pike meat is considered dietary due to its low fat content and differs from other fish varieties by its specific smell and taste. To eliminate the unpleasant smell of Tina, it is recommended to hold the pike in salted and spicy brine.
- To make the small bones softer, the culinary experts advise putting lemon inside the fish for 3-4 hours.
- For cooking delicious fish is best to choose a copy weighing up to 4 kilograms.
- The most delicious and oily fish is fish caught in the late fall or early winter.
- Before frying, the pike must be cleaned and its fins and ridge removed. To prevent the fish from escaping from the hands, rub it with coarse salt.
- For frying, use only fresh fish.
- So that during frying the oil is not sprayed from the pan, and the fish does not stick, you need to pour a little salt on the bottom.
The main secrets learned, you can now proceed to the direct preparation of a wonderful pike.
Pike in sesame batter with garlic sauce
Pike in batter turns out to be very delicate in taste, and sesame will add a spicy dish.
- pike of medium size;
- 125 g butter;
- 4 eggs;
- 30 g sesame;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- salt, black pepper, coriander;
- olive or sunflower oil.
- Pike we carve, we remove ridge, fins and ribs. The resulting 2 loin slices are cut along approximately in the middle. There are small bones in the upper half of the fish, and in order to grind them, we make small longitudinal cuts.
- Cut the prepared fillet into small pieces 1-1.5 cm wide.
- Next, proceed to the preparation of batter. In a bowl, drive eggs, salt, pepper, add coriander and sesame. Beat with a fork until smooth.
- Pieces of pike salt, pepper, add seasoning to taste and mix well. Do not forget that we already salted the batter.
- Pour some flour onto a chopping board and level. On it, we will place the pike in batter before frying.
- In a separate bowl pour a handful of flour. We roll a piece of fish in it, drop it into a batter and envelop flour again. Put the slice in batter on a chopping board. Repeat the actions until all the pieces of pike run out.
- Fry fish until cooked in vegetable or olive oil. Put the finished pike on a paper towel - it will absorb excess oil.
- Cooking sauce. Peel the garlic, pass through the press and mix with oil. Melted butter together with garlic over low heat until liquid.
- Fry pike in batter, pour over garlic sauce and decorate with finely chopped parsley.
Pike, fried in sour cream: recipe
- pike of the average size;
- 4-5 potatoes;
- 1 large onion;
- 300 g of white mushrooms;
- ¼ including chicken or vegetable broth;
- 150 g sour cream;
- Bay leaf;
- salt, pepper, nutmeg;
- White wine.
- Potatoes need to be peeled and cut into rings about 1 cm wide.
- Fry the potatoes in butter or olive oil until half cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Onions should be peeled and cut into rings. Fry it to a translucent color in olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms. You need to fry them until golden.
- Cooking sour cream sauce. Mix chicken broth with sour cream and simmer over low heat until it thickens. Add bay leaf, salt, pepper and nutmeg, pour in some white dry wine.
- Pike should be washed, cleaned and cut into portions. Add salt and pepper to the fish, mix well.
- Fry the pike in vegetable oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Place the fried fish in the center of the ceramic baking dish. Spread the prepared potatoes around and cover the top of the pike with a pillow of mushrooms and onions.
- All ingredients pour sour cream sauce. Put the pike in the oven to bake for 25 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Pike, fried in sour cream, ready!
Mistress note: how and with what is better to feed the pike?
Pike can be served both on a large dish, decorated with lemon slices and lettuce, and on separate serving plates. White wine, roasted and boiled potatoes, fresh vegetables will harmoniously look. Pike also goes well with various sauces, for example: garlic, sour cream, lemon and even soy.
Try to cook this fabulous fish for one of the proposed recipes - and you will not regret it, your household and guests will definitely ask for a supplement. Enjoy your meal!