In French cuisine there is a dish called gratin de pommes de terre. This is what is called in our homeland potatoes in French in the oven, which does not leave the festive tables in many houses. Who exactly was invented this dish, a moot point. But the fact that such potatoes are cooked and loved in various countries is a fact.
French fries in the oven: a classic recipe
If you have never tried to cook this dish, rather fix the defect! Potato casserole is made simply from the available products, and the result is simply amazing.
- potatoes - 5-7 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 300 g;
- cream 20% - 1-2 tbsp .;
- butter - 4 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt, spicy herbs.
- The number of ingredients is based on a baking dish measuring 20 by 30 cm.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cover with cold water.
- Grate the grated cheese.
- Make the sauce. To do this on low heat, heat in a saucepan 2 tbsp. l butter. While stirring, add flour there (not all at once, but gradually), and then cream. Stir. Add grated cheese and stir again. When the consistency becomes homogeneous and the cheese is melted, the sauce can be removed from the stove.
- Capacity for roasting anoint with ghee. Chop the potatoes finely across (that is, circles - 0.5 cm thick), put in a form, season with salt and herbs.
- Pour the sauce from above and put the dish in the oven (200 ° C) for 35-45 minutes.
You can add onions and onions, finely chopped it and put it between potato layers. And for those who like spicy tea, it can still be combined with garlic.
Microwave Potato Casserole
To prepare this dish you need less than half an hour.
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- milk - 1 tbsp .;
- cream 20% - 1 tbsp .;
- cheese that melts well - 150-200 g;
- oil for lubrication - vegetable or creamy;
- salt, spices, nutmeg.
- Microwave dishware with oil.
- Peeled potatoes thinly cut into circles and lay into a form in layers, sprinkling each of them with salt, spices and grated cheese.
- Combine the milk and cream, sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg, stir and pour on the potatoes.
- Send the form to the microwave on the grate and select the convection mode. Cook at 200 ° C and 70% power for 25 minutes. Then the dish should be allowed to stand in the oven for another 5-7 minutes.
Potatoes with minced meat in French style
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- minced meat (you can use any meat or even a mixture - for example, beef plus pork) - 500-600 g;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 5-6 cloves;
- Tomato - 1-2 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 250-300 g;
- mayonnaise or sour cream - 4-5 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable or olive oil - 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- salt, spices;
- fresh greens.
- Peel potatoes and boil in salted water until half cooked.
- Put sliced potatoes (1-2 layers) in a greased, heat-resistant form.
- In a pan, fry finely chopped onions, grated carrots grated on a coarse grater, and then minced. Do not forget to salt and pepper. To fry the whole thing you need about 10 minutes.
- Put the vegetable and meat mixture on the potatoes evenly.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, anoint with grated or squeezed garlic through a press.
- Smear everything with sour cream or mayonnaise, sprinkle with finely chopped greens and grated cheese.
- Send in the oven (190-200 ° C) for about 30-35 minutes.
Juicy and incredibly tasty dish is ready! You can be sure that everyone will enjoy such French-style potatoes with minced meat in the oven, this recipe with a photo is guaranteed to help you surprise guests.
Festive Meat Dish
This version of the festive hot dish in many houses has already become traditional, but, nevertheless, most housewives do not bother to cook it (as, incidentally, eat). But for those for whom this dish - French-style potatoes with meat in the oven - is a novelty, the recipe from the photo will help in everything.
- pork (tenderloin or ham) - 1 kg;
- onion - 1-2 pcs .;
- potatoes - 4 pcs. large size;
- hard cheese - 300 g;
- mayonnaise (sour cream) - 5-6 tbsp. l .;
- oil for lubrication form - 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- salt, spices.
- Cut the meat into small cubes and rinse thoroughly with cold water, salt and season with spices.
- Cut the onion, giving it the shape of half-hen, mix with the meat.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes, cut into thin slices (circles), salt. Add sour cream or mayonnaise, meat with onions and mix everything well.
- Lubricate the oven form. Put the potatoes and meat in there, cover with a lid or foil and place in an oven preheated to 200 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Grate the grated cheese. When 30 minutes have passed, carefully remove the form, sprinkle liberally with baked cheese and send to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Readiness of a dish check on meat and a ruddy cheese crust.
Potatoes with chicken in the oven: a recipe for gourmets
- chicken breast fillet - 4-5 pcs .;
- hard cheese - 200-250 g;
- potatoes - 5-6 pcs .;
- tomatoes - 2-3 pieces;
- pitted olives - 100-150 g;
- canned pineapples (pieces) - ½-1 b .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- Olive (or vegetable) oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- spices, salt;
- mayonnaise - 3-4 tbsp. l
- Grease the baking dish with oil.
- Cut chicken fillet into thin slices (the thickness of the piece should be less than 1 cm), salt and rub with spices, put into a form.
- Cut the onion into half rings and sprinkle the chicken on it.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, olives, and pineapples.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cut into thin circles (3-5 mm each), salt and season with spices. Put the potato layer on top of the previous one (pieces may overlap).
- Squeeze garlic through a press and mix it with mayonnaise. Liberally lubricate all of these potatoes and sprinkle the next delicacy with grated cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and send to the oven (180-200 ° C) for 30 minutes. Then remove the coating, letting the cheese bake and redden, and leave in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Potatoes in French can act as a side dish (in the classic version), as well as an independent dish, if meat is added to it. This dish looks elegant and festive, and besides, it is very satisfying and rich in taste. You can add other ingredients (for example, mushrooms), and replace chicken or meat with fish. In any case, get a win-win option, so take these recipes to note.