Fried flounder is a true French dish. But to cook it as divinely as in elite restaurants, you need to know a few nuances. After all, improper preparation of fish and illiterate cooking can easily spoil such a delicate dish.
What is so good fried flounder?
Fried flounder - without exaggeration, the most delicious fish prepared in this way. Her meat is very tasty, juicy, very nutritious and moderately fat. This fish is recommended to eat young children, pregnant and lactating women. Flounder meat is easily digested, rich in vitamins and minerals. It is low-calorie, so it can be safely attributed to dietary products.
How to prepare a flounder?
If you are preparing a dish from a frozen carcass, you must first defrost it properly. Unclean flounder should be completely immersed in cold water with salt dissolved in it. The amount of spiciness depends on the weight of the fish (about 1 tsp. Of salt is per kg). The average carcass is thawed about 2-3 hours. This method helps to prevent the breakdown of proteins and preserve the maximum of beneficial trace elements in fish.
But already cut fish or fillets should be thawed without water at room temperature. Do not use the microwave for defrosting: the meat will lose its taste.
How to clean the fish?
- First, cut off all the fins and tail from the flounder.
- Flounder, place on a cutting board and separate the head. Start cutting from top to bottom.
- Removing the head with the gills, you can easily pull out the insides that are attached to them.
- Next, make small cuts on the skin along the lower and upper edges of the carcass.
- Then make a transverse incision on the tail, slightly pick up the skin with a knife, then with your fingers and pull in the opposite direction, holding the peeled carcass with your hand.
- In the same way, remove the skin from the bottom of the flounder.
- Cut the fish, cleaned and prepared for frying, into portions of fish.
- Rub with a mixture of salt and pepper and let it soak for half an hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil. To remove extraneous odors and impurities from it, lower the onion head into the fat and remove it when it turns black. Onions absorb all the extra flavors and unwanted substances.
- Now roll the pieces of fish in flour and put in the hot oil.
- Do not turn the fish often so that it does not fall apart. On medium heat, fry the flounder for 7-10 minutes on one side and the same on the other until golden brown crust appears.
Cooking delicious fish in batter
The flounder fried in this way has an amazing crisp, and the meat retains its juiciness. Such fish is good and as an independent dish without a side dish, and it can be supplemented with a tasty sour cream sauce.
- 2-3 flounders;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 lemon (optional);
- how much flour will go;
- salt pepper.
- For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 1 tsp. horseradish;
- pinch of dill;
- Prepare the flounder for frying and cut it into pieces. If you have a small fish, you can fry it whole. Before heat treatment, rub it with salt, sprinkle with lemon juice and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Separate the flour and beat the eggs with a little salt. You can add some water to make the mass more uniform.
- Dip the portions of the flounder first into the egg mass, then roll in flour thoroughly. This can be done 2-3 times in a row - the batter will turn out very lush.
- Immediately lay out the fish in the hot oil and fry until cooked on medium heat for 7-10 minutes on each side.
- While the fish is roasting, prepare the sauce by mixing all the relevant ingredients.
Spicy Fried Flounder Recipe
A great meal for spicy food fans. Gentle nourishing meat with a light peppercorn you will love it.
- 500 g of flounder;
- 120 g of mayonnaise;
- 2 onions;
- a mixture of red and black peppers;
- Clean the carcasses and cut them into portions.
- Mix the flour with salt, spices and roll each mixture of flounder in this mixture.
- Immediately lay out the fish pieces in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown on each side.
- After the fish has been fried until golden brown, smear it with mayonnaise mixed with red pepper from one edge, sprinkle with finely chopped onion on top.
- Cover the pan and leave the flounder for 30 minutes.
Juicy fish in tomato sauce
Gorgeous to taste, light, but, nevertheless, a very satisfying dish.
- 2 flounder carcasses;
- 250 ml of tomato juice;
- 2 onions;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 lemon;
- 5 tbsp. l chopped walnuts;
- 5 tbsp. l rice flour (you can use the usual);
- olive oil;
- salt, thyme.
- Squeeze portions of the carcass with salt and roll in flour.
- Maximize the burner flame and fry the fish for at least 2 minutes on each side.
- Cut the onion and place over the flounder, season with thyme.
- Turn the piece over to the other side and season with thyme too.
- Fry fish pieces until light golden brown.
- Mix nuts, garlic (it is best to pass it through a press), salt, lemon juice and 1 tbsp. l olive oil.
- Add cold water to the mixture to make a medium-thick sauce.
- Pour tomato juice into fried pieces of fish. As soon as it boils, add a nut and garlic filling, wait for it to boil, simmer all the ingredients for just 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
To make the fried flounder tasty and juicy, always remove the top dark skin from it, otherwise a specific unpleasant "flavor" may appear during the cooking process. But the thin white lower skin can be left, after clearing it from the scales.
And a few more tips:
- Flounder pieces are best breaded in rice flour. They will keep juiciness and will not dry out in the process of frying.
- even if the hot oil sprinkles in different directions, do not cover the dishes with a lid, otherwise the flounder will be sodden, and the crisp will not work.
- lemon, thyme, nutmeg and ground ginger perfectly underline the taste of flounder. By the way, spices are best mixed with flour.
Flounder matches perfectly with many side dishes, but the best of them will be:
- potatoes, cooked with sliced carrots and seasoned with finely chopped parsley;
- braised carrots cut into circles or cubes;
- boiled rice with green peas or prunes;
- vegetable stew;
- beans in tomato sauce;
- fried eggplants with onions;
- wheat cereal with sour cream sauce;
- Vegetable Salad;
- fried potatoes with greens.
It is not necessary to prepare complex side dishes. If you do not have time for this, you can simply cut the vegetables and add them to the fish - it will be no less healthy. In a flounder fried in a pan, everything is delicious: ruddy, crisp breading, juicy and tender meat. Add new flounder recipes to your collection and treat guests and relatives with real delicacies!