Fennel is a aromatic plant. He is known to man since ancient times. Even many years before our era they knew about its existence. The great philosophers of antiquity noted its healing properties. In modern times, we did not lose this knowledge, but multiplied it. Now there are exquisite recipes with this plant. But first, let's talk about the benefits of this green product.
The average plant per hundred grams contains 1.2 g of proteins, 0.2 g - fat, 7.3 g - carbohydrates. The caloric content of one hundred grams of fennel is 31 kcal.
Useful properties of fennel
Fennel has very useful properties:
- This is a nutritious and extremely healthy product. Fennel fruits contain a large amount of essential oil (about 5%), many vitamins (retinol - provitamin A, ascorbic acid, vitamins of group B, as well as E, K, PP). In addition, fennel is rich in folic acid, biotin, etc. There are many important essential trace elements, such as iron, sodium, calcium and potassium.
- Promote increased appetite, secretion of gastric juice.
- They have analgesic, antispasmodic expectorant, laxative and diuretic effect.
- It is useful for future mothers, because it enhances milk production. What is extremely necessary for nursing mothers.
- Excellent antiseptic, has a disinfectant effect.
- Fennel helps with insomnia.
Thanks to all these beneficial properties, people use fennel for food. There are many recipes where one of the essential ingredients is fennel.
We have already said that fennel has been known since ancient times. Now it is used in the kitchens of many countries.
Fennel is a spice. And use from this green plant and roots, and shoots, and seeds.
- The shoots have a sweet-spicy aroma, vaguely reminiscent of anise. They are added to salads and marinades, which gives them a more subtle taste. In addition, they are used for canning some vegetables (cabbage, cucumbers).
- Klubnifenhel use in cooking white fish. There are recipes where fennel is added to meat dishes.
- Medicinal tinctures, teas and liqueurs are made from the seeds of the plant.
- All parts of fennel are used in soups.
Fennel Salad with Herb Sauce
- Fennel (4 pieces), a bunch of green onions, two ripe medium tomatoes.
- For herbal sauce: 4 tablespoons of vinegar, the same amount of vegetable oil, fresh juice of one orange, white wine (125 ml), boiled egg, caper stalk, parsley, lemon mint,
- sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel the fennel, cut in half and cook for ten minutes in salted water. Take out. Cool it down.
- Peel green onions and cut into strips.
- Peel tomatoes from the skin, remove seeds from them and cut into strips.
- Fold the fennel, green onions and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- For the sauce: mix vinegar, vegetable oil, orange juice and white wine. Add capers, chopped greens and an egg. Add salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, pour over the salad dressing.
Potato soup with fennel
Potatoes (1/2 kg), fennel (2 pieces), vegetable broth (1 l), 2 cloves of garlic, 2 onions, butter (25 g), 4 tablespoons of yogurt, cumin seeds (1/2 teaspoon ), parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the onions and garlic, put them in a frying pan with heated butter, salt and rescue.
- Add sliced potatoes and fennel to the pan. Salt, season with cumin. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pan into the vegetable broth and cook until tender.
- A few minutes before the end, add parsley and pepper (to taste).
- Before serving, place a tablespoon of yogurt in each plate.
Chicken legs (8 pcs), 2 fennel tuber, 6 cloves of garlic, 1 b. olives, olive oil, a glass of dry white wine, pepper, salt.
- With chicken legs, remove the skin. Cut the legs in half. Cut the fennel and garlic large. Mix meat, garlic, fennel, olive oil, olives, black pepper and white wine in a saucepan. Marinate the meat in the refrigerator for several hours (from two or more).
- After that, simmer the meat in the oven at a temperature of 220 degrees for an hour, pre-salt it. During this time, the meat is well-browned, and the fennel will be soft. Do not forget to periodically water the meat with juice that stands out from it. So it will be juicier and softer in taste.
See also:How to grow fennel?
The dish is ready!
Dishes using fennel exist today a huge variety. This article offers a menu for lunch. Such a lunch can be everyday. He will delight you and your household. Enjoy your meal!