Slavic culinary tradition can not be imagined without fat. It can be used as an independent snack or as a component of other dishes. For this, our ancestors a few centuries ago learned how to fry, boil, smoke and, of course, salt. Salted lard, cooked in a dry way, is one of the most popular incarnations of bacon.
Thin, pink, young
If it is possible to characterize the "correct" fat for salting by the dry method (that is, without brine) in three words, then the adjectives "thin", "pink" and "young" would be best. What does mean? Let's start from the end: the younger the pig, the more delicious the fat is obtained. It is the mumps, since the culinary experts do not recommend salting the product “from boars”, otherwise the fat will be tough and not too tender. The color of the fat should be either pink or white. Grayish is considered completely unacceptable: it speaks of a stale product. Yellow salted pork fat indicates that the piece is very fat, probably from somewhere on the belly. And for salting is best to take fat from the sides or back, with layers of meat. You should buy pieces about 3-4 cm thick, because thicker ones will reach the desired condition longer, and it’s not a fact that they will salt out evenly. And the last nuance is the skin. Ideally, it should be thin and light.
4 recipes of dry salted bacon
Whatever recipe you like, just note that the addition of certain spices - it is a matter of taste. As for the amount of seasoning and salt, the fat has an amazing ability not to absorb more than necessary. So you can not be afraid to overdo it with certain ingredients. Otherwise, the technology by which we salt the fat at home dry, you need to follow.
In the bank
The basic recipe involves salting the fat in the bank.
- 1 kg of fresh bacon;
- 250 g of salt;
- 6-7 cloves of garlic;
- spices (to your taste).
- Fat wash with running water.
- Carefully dry the piece with a paper towel and cut into thin sticks.
- Chop garlic with garlic, mix with spices.
- Each bar rub with this mixture.
- Pour half of the salt in a clean and dry jar, put the lard so that the pieces are not under pressure, we pour the remaining salt on top.
- Tightly close the container lid and put in the cold for 5-6 days. Finished pieces can be frozen, wrapped in parchment, - so fat will retain its freshness longer.
For salted pork fat, bay leaf, clove and ground pepper are considered the most suitable spices. And so that the product is evenly salted, it is better to take salt, and not sea salt.
In the pan
Salting of fat with the dry method with garlic and greens is best done in a saucepan, so that the salted pork has enough space to pick out the juice.
- 1 kg of fresh sally;
- 300 g coarse salt;
- 6-7 cloves of garlic;
- 1 bunch of greens (dill, cilantro, parsley);
- Spices (Lavrushka, Cloves, Black Ground Pepper).
- Wash a piece of bacon, dry and cut into small slices.
- Finely chop the greens, mix with salt.
- Cut the garlic into thin circles.
- Make cuts in the lard and fill them with garlic.
- Pound spices in a mortar.
- Rub the pieces with salted herbs and spices.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of salt on the bottom of the enamelled saucepan, spread the bacon, shifting it with garlic.
- From above we fill 2-3 Art. l salt, cover the blank with the lid and ship to the fridge for 7 days. Ready fat store in the freezer.
Another way to salty fat by the dry method allows not only to save space in the refrigerator, but also to preserve the freshness of the product for up to 2 months.
- 1 kg of fresh bacon;
- 50 ml of filtered water at room temperature;
- 350 g of coarse salt.
- Prepare the bacon, that is, wash, obsushivaem and cut into cubes.
- 2/3 of the amount of salt mixed with water until the consistency of gruel.
- Rub the fat with a mixture.
- Sprinkle sheet of parchment with salt, lay out the bacon and wrap. For greater practicality, you can wrap this bundle with cling film.
- We send snacks in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. Keep the fat should be in the same paper in which it was salted.
In the package
If you really wanted to add lard to borscht or eat an appetizing sandwich with a glass or two, then the question of how much to salt the fat in a dry way for express cooking becomes particularly relevant. Especially for such situations, a recipe was invented, allowing salted pork fat in just 5-6 hours.
- 500 grams of fresh bacon;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 300 g of salt;
- ground pepper (according to your taste).
- Wash the lard, wipe dry and cut into pieces about 2-3 cm thick.
- Garlic skip through garlic and mix with salt and pepper.
- Rub the fat with a mixture, spread on film or in a bag, wrap and leave in the refrigerator for several hours. We try and eat with pleasure.
Among the appetizers, bacon definitely occupies its own - very worthy - niche. Salty dry way to cook fat is easy and pretty fast, and the appetizer turns out the world! Yes, and the first dishes a piece of bacon will give a special refinement and piquancy, not to mention the amazing taste that gets the meat, if you add to it all the same salty bacon.