Ear has long been known in Russia. She was especially loved by the monks, whom faith forbade the use of meat. The most delicious was the fish salmon soup, rich in proteins and fatty acids. To get the broth in the broth put all the parts of the carcass. Today, fish soup is cooked mostly from the head of salmon, adding to it fillets of cheaper fish.
In our time, the meat of red fish is perceived as an exquisite product. It is expensive, and not everyone can afford it. However, to cook the ear from the head of salmon is available to anyone. The price of this part of the carcass is low, and the soup from it turns out rich.
The dish will be even tastier if you cook it up on a fire: the products are soaked in smoke, the aroma of the surrounding nature. If you add a little salted cucumbers and lemon wedges, you will get a charming fish soup.
Before you cook the salmon soup from the head, you should prepare this part of the carcass. From the head you need to remove the gills and eyes. Many cooks soak fish in cold water so that less foam is formed during the cooking process.
Fish broth is very fond of vegetables and bay leaf. If you are not an opponent of greens, it is preferable to use fresh dill or parsley. It is better not to put stacked food into the soup at all: the ear will turn out to be tasteless and will disappear quickly. So, we start to cook.
- 1 fish head;
- 2 carrots;
- 3 potatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 2 liters of water;
- black pepper;
- 2 bay leaves;
- Prepare the salmon head as stated above. If you want to make fish soup ear, you can add a filet of white fish varieties, such as pollock or hake.
- Put the head and fillet in a deep pan, pour water and put on a strong fire.
- Remove the foam from the boiled broth, reduce the heat and leave for another half hour.
- Remove the skin from the onions and carrots and put the vegetables in the pan as a whole.
- While the broth is boiling, you can prepare the remaining products. Peel potatoes, wash and cut into cubes.
- Peel, wash and chop the remaining carrot and onion.
- Clean greens finely chop or crumble.
- When the broth is ready, strain it through the gauze folded in several layers.
- Put fish with vegetables on a plate. Whole onion and carrot are no longer needed. Fish can be picked and re-thrown into the broth.
- Pour the potatoes into the pan and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Then put the sliced vegetables.
- At the end add the leaves of laurel and bring to a boil.
- A few minutes before removing from fire, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
Recipe with alcohol
Not everyone knows that the ear was originally called not just fish soup, but a dish, during the preparation of which vodka was added. However, intoxication after such a treat does not happen: from hot broth, the degrees disappear without a trace. Alcoholic drink is poured into the ear from the head and tail of salmon to make it more transparent.
- head and tail of salmon;
- 2 onions;
- 3-4 potatoes;
- 2 carrots;
- 50-60 g of vodka;
- greens and spices.
- Prepare the fish, put in the pot for the soup, pour water (it is necessary that it was as cold as possible) and put on fire.
- When the salmon is ready, take it out of the pan and cool it. Then separate the meat from the bones and skin.
- Peel the vegetables. Chop the potatoes into cubes, carrots into strips, onions - in small pieces.
- Again, boil the broth and throw carrots and potatoes into it. To the ear, you can add the meat of pollock or hake - then the dish will turn fatter. If there is only salmon in it, it is better to prepare a roast from carrots and onions.
- When the potatoes are almost ready, put onions and greens in the soup. Salt, sprinkle with pepper.
- Pour the vodka in your ear.
- Pour in portions, add a slice of lemon, sprinkle with herbs.
An interesting variant of the soup can be a hodgepodge of salmon. This surprisingly tasty dish turns out to be tender and non-greasy. To him necessarily need olives and pickles. If you do not have any of these ingredients, you can do with one of them, for example, cucumbers. This recipe with a photo of salmon soup with spicy additives will allow you to surprise relatives and guests.
- 0.7 kg of fish (you can take the head and tail);
- 1 onion and carrots;
- 1 pickled cucumber;
- 2 tomatoes or pasta;
- 100 g of olives;
- sunflower oil;
- 2 leaf laurel leaves.
- Prepare the fish. If the tail is big, you can cut it into pieces.
- Put the salmon in a saucepan, add water and boil the broth.
- Grate the onions and carrots grated.
- In a heated frying pan with oil pour the carrots and onions and fry, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Put mashed tomatoes or tomato paste and continue to stew.
- Cucumber finely chop or rub and also send to the fry.
- Ready broth strain, remove the fish.
- Send him fry and olives.
- Add spices and bay leaves.
- Fish to sort and return to the broth. You can put salmon in portions before serving, and not put in the soup.
- Boil solyanka for another 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Pour into portions, decorate with lemon and herbs.
Salmon recipes are very tasty due to the fat content and dense consistency of its meat. But for a good soup it is not necessary to acquire the whole carcass of this noble and expensive fish - the head will suffice. Even better, if the company it will tail. The ear of them will be just gorgeous!