Nutritionists say that successful combinations of products, even if they are quite high in calories, cannot harm the figure. From a gastronomic point of view, dough and vegetables are just such a combination. Therefore, dumplings with sauerkraut, the recipe of which you can choose to your taste, is not only a tasty, but also a very healthy dish.
Why are there no competitors for sauerkraut dumplings?
Sauerkraut is a real storehouse of nutrients. In addition to the high content of vitamins (especially C), it contains cellulose, which has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract. As for the taste nuances, the combination of thin thin dough and sauerkraut, roasted in vegetable oil, will delight even the most fastidious eater.
Dumplings with sauerkraut are simply perfectly complemented by homemade sour cream, which can be served in two ways - either pour hot dumplings or put on the table in a saucepan. If you are not afraid of a pungent smell, then you can finely chop a clove of garlic in sour cream. In addition, cabbage dumplings can be served:
- with fried onions;
- with gravy of baked milk;
- with mushroom sauce, etc.
And as an alcoholic accompaniment of the food, an old-fashioned, honey (or berry) tincture is perfect.
How to prepare a delicious filling?
Traditional Ukrainian dumplings have one secret: whatever dough you knead, the taste of the dish will be 90% dependent on the filling, which you put on a thin cake of dough. Therefore, it is especially important to properly prepare the "contents" of sauerkraut.
- 500 g sauerkraut;
- 2 large onions;
- vegetable oil.
- Chop onions finely.
- Pour oil into a frying pan, heat well and lay out onions.
- Cabbage, recline in a colander and lightly rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze the mass, finely chop and add to the onion.
- Fry over low heat until complete evaporation of the liquid.
Fans of spicy, piquant fillings can add ground pepper and other spices to their taste.
Quick recipe favorite dishes with photos
The recipe for quick dumplings requires few products, which are almost always in the house, and a minimum of time.
- 500 g fried sauerkraut;
- 3 tbsp. wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water;
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil (can be replaced with sunflower);
- salt (to taste).
- Heat water to room temperature.
- Pour flour into the bowl and form a "well".
- Salt, pour in water and oil.
- Knead the dough, let it settle for 15-20 minutes so that the gluten is swollen.
- Cooking stuffing.
- Divide the dough into small portions.
- We make a sausage from each part, cut it into small slices and form the future dumpling of them.
- In the middle of each billet we impose a vegetable and fasten the edges, pulling the "ears".
- Cook the dumplings in lightly salted water over low heat for 3-4 minutes after they emerge. Hearty meal is ready.
Dumplings with potatoes and sauerkraut: a simple but hearty recipe
Favorite dumplings with potatoes will be even tastier if you add sauerkraut to them.
- 3.5 tbsp. sifted wheat flour;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 1 tbsp. warm filtered water;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- 6 medium potatoes;
- 400 g sauerkraut;
- 60 g homemade butter;
- 2 onions;
- olive oil for roasting the filling.
- Knead the dough. Break the egg into the flour, add some water and salt.
- We make a cool dough, wrap the blank in cellophane film and send it to a warm place for 20 minutes - to walk.
- Boil potatoes in salted water.
- Finely chop the onion and fry it in olive oil until golden brown.
- Wash the cabbage, add to the onions, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix it with potatoes, mash the mixture.
- Add the butter.
- Divide the dough into small balls, from each form a sausage.
- Cut the sausages into pieces and level.
- On each billet put the stuffing, we pin the edges.
- In boiling salted water throw dumplings, but little by little, so that they do not stick together.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes. The dish is ready.
Juicy dumplings with bacon
The second association with Ukrainian cuisine is lard (the first, of course, borsch). You can add your favorite product in different dishes, including dumplings with sauerkraut. The dish turns out especially juicy and nutritious.
- 500 g sauerkraut;
- 60 g salted bacon;
- 800 g of wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. warm filtered water;
- ½ tsp salts;
- 2 eggs.
- Carefully squeeze the cabbage from the juice.
- In the meat grinder we twist the bacon together with the cabbage.
- Making the dough. Pour the flour in a bowl, form a hole where we add water and break the eggs, add some salt.
- Make a cool batch and give the dough a few minutes to approach.
- We divide the flour from portions into portions, each roll into a sausage.
- Cut into pieces and form cakes out of them.
- We put the filling, fix the edges.
- Cook the dumplings in enough water, not forgetting to add salt, about 5-7 minutes. The dish is ready.
- Varenikiv multivarke steamed. Recipes
- Varenikiskartoshkoy and mushrooms: recipes
- Varenikisvishney: recipes with photos
If you want to diversify the everyday menu and make it not only nutritious and tasty, but also as healthy as possible, make dumplings with sauerkraut. The recipe for the dough and the filling can be varied to find a favorite. As for cabbage, it can be pre-fry, but you can only squeeze out excess liquid. In any case, the dish will turn out - the highest class!