Each hostess is trying to cook some delicious, but at the same time hearty and healthy breakfast dish. Everyday menu bothers with time and you have to invent something new. Why not pamper your household with delicious and very healthy lazy dumplings?
Firstly, this dish is prepared very simply and quickly enough, and secondly, your children will be satisfied and will be full of energy throughout the day. In this article we will tell you how to cook lazy dumplings with cottage cheese, and share the secrets of experienced chefs.
Features cooking lazy dumplings
Nobody wondered why the dumplings with cottage cheese were called lazy? It comes from the very method of cooking, because the hostess does not need to work and sculpt dumplings with filling. In the "sloths" the stuffing does not follow, when cooked, they do not fall apart and are very tasty and satisfying.
The peculiarity of cooking lazy dumplings lies in the way the dough is prepared: all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, plaits are formed, and then small pieces that need to be boiled. In this case, you can serve dumplings with any gravy. If your child does not like cottage cheese, then give him lazy dumplings under creamy, caramel or berry syrup. Believe me, even the most fastidious child will taste this delicacy with pleasure.
Lazy dumplings with cottage cheese: a step-by-step recipe with the photo "Classic"
If you are cooking lazy dumplings with cottage cheese for the first time, then the step-by-step recipe with photos given by us will help to do it without much effort.
- curd mass or pure curd - 0.5 kg;
- 1-2 pcs chicken eggs;
- flour - 1-2 tbsp .;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- melted butter - 2-3 tbsp. l
- For these dumplings, you can buy cottage cheese, homemade or factory made.
- Cottage cheese should be poured into a separate dish and grind on a sieve (you can skip the curd mass through a meat grinder).
- Then you need to melt the butter.
- In the curd mass add melted butter and eggs.
- In the egg-curd mass, add salt and mix everything thoroughly.
- Gradually pour flour into a container with curd mass and knead the dough. We mix everything thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
- Put the water in a saucepan on the fire, lightly add some salt and bring to a boil.
- We form sausages from the obtained dough and cut them into portions.
- Lazy dumplings must be boiled in water until fully cooked. Serve the dish with sour cream or sweet syrup.
Dietary lazy dumplings with cottage cheese flavor
If you stick to a dietary diet, then you can choose lazy dumplings as a hearty, but low-calorie breakfast. One serving contains about 250 kcal.
- low-fat curd mass - 250 g;
- oat flakes "Hercules" - 6 tbsp. l .;
- 1 egg;
- a small pinch of salt.
- All recipes are almost identical. As in the previous case, we spread the curd mass in a separate dish.
- Next, add the egg (it can be whipped with a whisk), sugar and salt.
- Instead of flour, add chopped oat flakes (it is best to use Hercules extra-flakes so that the dough has the desired stickiness).
- From the dough form sausages, which we cut into equal pieces.
- Boil lazy dumplings in lightly salted water. Ready dumplings should float to the surface.
- As a gravy, you can use low-fat sour cream or yogurt (homemade).
Vanilla Dumplings Recipe
For those who like to add vanilla essence or sugar to dishes, this recipe of lazy dumplings is perfect. It differs from the classic in ingredients and a little way of cooking.
In addition to the above components, you should definitely add 100 g of vanilla sugar and semolina (about 3 tbsp. L.).
- Melted butter fray with vanilla sugar.
- Eggs are whipped in a separate container, and then semolina is added to the egg mass.
- After that, all this is transferred into a container with cottage cheese, and then the dough is kneaded in the usual way.
- Boil lazy dumplings also need to be in lightly salted water.
- You can spread cooked dumplings from dishes with the help of a skimmer.
Tips from experienced chefs
Lazy dumplings have become almost a national dish. They are prepared quite easily and quickly. Such a dish is not only useful and rich in trace elements and minerals, but also allows you to feed all members of your family with tasty food. Many housewives will improve the classic recipes, adding new ingredients, and some of them complain that they do not go out to cook dumplings lazy: they are too knit or hard.
Tips from experienced chefs will help you to cook this dish effortlessly:
- If you are not too fond of cottage cheese, you can reduce its concentration in lazy dumplings. In this case, add less curd mass, but more flour. Dumplings cooked according to this recipe will have a not very pronounced cottage cheese flavor.
- Cottage cheese must be thoroughly chopped. To do this, use a sieve or grinder. To grind cottage cheese is necessary in such a way that there are no large lumps left, and in the mass were small cottage cheese grains.
- Flour must be sifted. To do this simply and quickly. Sifted flour gives dough lightness and fluffiness. Also during sifting you remove possible lumps or impurities.
- To make the dough quite tender and crumbly, in the cooking process you can add a little cream of any fat content to the curd.
- In no case do not choose too sour or unleavened cottage cheese for lazy dumplings, as this may spoil the taste of the finished dish.
- If you or your households do not like the curd in its pure form, then you can add vanilla to the dough or use fruit curd mass. Some housewives use curd mass with dried apricots or raisins.
- You can season the finished dish with yogurt, sour cream, caramel, vanilla, strawberry, peach, cranberry, cherry or pear syrup.
- To make the dough fluffy and porous, the flour can be mixed with baking powder.
- It is recommended to beat the eggs in a separate bowl until a homogeneous foam mass is formed - this will also affect the ease of the dough for lazy dumplings.
- Try not to overdo the dumplings during cooking in water. As soon as they float to the surface of the pan, remove them immediately. Overexposed lazy dumplings acquire a "sour taste."
As you can see, all the recipes for cooking lazy dumplings are almost the same. The hostesses are already independently modifying classic recipes and preparing dishes in accordance with the preferences of their household. Check out the tips of experienced chefs, believe me, they will help to make a special masterpiece from an ordinary dish. Dumplings with cottage cheese are very satisfying and healthy, and the cooking process itself does not take much of your time. Enjoy your meal!