Each hostess prepares not only the first and second courses, but also a dessert. After you have eaten, you want to drink some delicious drink. As you know, an adult needs an average of 1.8-2 liters of fluid daily. Why not to replace usual tea or mineral water with an original compote of seasonal fruits? However, in winter you will have to try a little to make delicious compote. Many housewives have long been pleased to prepare a compote of dried fruit.
How to cook this drink correctly, you will learn in our article.
How to cook dried fruit compote?
Compote made from dried fruits is considered not only an excellent thirst quenching drink, but also very useful. Dried fruits are harvested by special technology, so vitamins, minerals and trace elements are stored in each piece. Many housewives, who have never prepared such a drink, are wondering: from which dried fruit do they make compote?
If you live in your own home and grow fruit and berry crops on your household plot, you can prepare your own dried fruits. As practice shows, the following components are most often added to compote from dried fruits:
- dried apricots;
- dog rose;
Currently, all of the above fruits and berries can be purchased on the market or at any grocery store. In the compote add not only dried, but also dried fruits. If you want to make a healthy and delicious drink, then you should properly combine dried fruits. It all depends on what taste compote you need to give: excessively sweet, sour or sour-sweet.
In the standard set for the preparation of dried fruit compote, hostesses use pears, apples, prunes and dried apricots. The basis can take either apples or pears. Some prefer to drink drinks with sourness, therefore they add rosehip to the compote.
Compote made from dried fruits can be considered a complete nutritious and healthy dish. To boil such a drink is necessary taking into account some rules. Often housewives ask themselves the question: how much time to make compote from dried fruits? On average, dried fruits should be boiled in water for at least 10-20 minutes. Then the drink should be given time to infuse, so that the taste is more saturated and fragrant.
Experienced Housewives Piggy Bank Recipes
Depending on your taste preferences, you can make compote with the addition of only one type of dried fruit, for example, apples or pears. But the truly extraordinary aroma and taste of this drink can only give a mixture of fruit. Take apples or pears as a basis, and then add prunes, raisins or dried apricots.
Want to make a drink that can be replaced with plain water? Add dried rosehip to compote and add less sugar so that it does not turn out too cloying. If you still do not know how to make compote from dried fruits, a step-by-step recipe with a detailed description will help you prepare such a drink very quickly and without much effort.
Cook compote from a mixture of dried fruit
In the classic version, the compote of dried fruit is always cooked with the addition of various berries and fruits. So the taste is more saturated and fragrant. Experimenting, you can derive a unique form of "the best and most delicious compote", which will appeal to all households. If you want to make a sweet drink, then add about 300-400 g of granulated sugar. Otherwise, you can not add sugar, and spice up the cooled compote with honey.
- filtered or mineral water without gas - 3 l;
- dried apples - 350 g;
- dried apricots - 60 g;
- raisins - 60 g;
- prunes - 100 g;
- pears (dried or dried) - 60 g;
- lemon or juice - ½ part;
- sugar or liquid honey.
- Sort out the prepared dried fruits. Among the drying can come across spoiled fruit.
- Put the dryer in a separate container and fill it with warm water. This procedure can not be performed if the fruit is not too dry. Leave the dried fruit in a container of water for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the right amount of filtered or mineral water into a deep container and put on a moderate heat. After boiling the liquid, place the dried fruits in water with a spoon or skimmer.
- First of all, place the dried apples and pears (or one component), after 10-15 minutes add prunes and dried apricots to the container, and after 10 minutes - raisins.
- Add lemon juice or crushed lemon slices and granulated sugar to taste.
- Leave the container with the compote off the stove and cool it.
- Cool compote from dried fruits pour into glasses and serve to the table. For taste, you can add a sprig of cinnamon or honey.
Compote in the slow cooker - quickly and easily!
If you want to speed up the process of making compote from seasonal berries or dried fruits, then a slow cooker will come to your aid. You just need to prepare all the ingredients, and the rest is done by this kitchen appliance.
- a mixture of dried fruit for compote - 450 g;
- granulated sugar - 1 measured st .;
- raisins - 1 dimensional st .;
- filtered or mineral water without gas - 1.5 liters.
- Take the dried fruits and reassemble them, removing the spoiled fruit.
- Rinse thoroughly prepared drying under running water, and then place it in a separate container and cover it with a small amount of warm water so that they soften.
- Put the softened dried fruits in a multicooker container.
- Add granulated sugar and mix all ingredients well.
- Pour hot water into the multicooker container according to the volume of the bowl.
- Select the desired program mode. It is best to cook compote of dried fruits in the mode of "Quenching" or "Soups-First courses" in a multicooker. So the water does not boil much, respectively, all the useful properties of drying are preserved.
- Set the selected mode and set the cooking time from 60 to 80 minutes (depending on the model and the power of the multicooker).
- After giving the appropriate sound signal, leave the compote for another 10-15 minutes in the heating mode.
- Ready compote, cooked in a slow cooker, should be served chilled to the table.
Recipe useful compote for the child
As has been said repeatedly, compotes made from dried fruits are very useful. Treatment specialists recommend that such beverages be introduced into the diet from an early age. Compote from dried fruits can be given to children aged 3-4 months. It is best to use dried apples, pears and prunes. But dried apricots and raisins do not need to be added, since these components can cause the appearance of excessive gas formation and an allergic reaction.
- dried apples or pears - 20 g;
- filtered or mineral water - 200 ml.
- Carefully sort out the drying and place it in a thick-walled container with a glass lid.
- Fill the dried fruit with the right amount of warm, but not hot water and leave them to soften under the lid closed for 8-10 hours. This is best done at night.
- After the specified time interval, place the container, without removing the lid, on moderate heat and cook the compote for 10-15 minutes.
- As soon as the compote begins to boil, it must be set aside from the heat and cooled under a closed lid in order to preserve as much as possible all the vitamins and beneficial microelements.
- It is better for small children not to use compotes with sugar, therefore fructose can be added to this drink.
- Warm compote can be given to the child. If your child refuses to drink unsweetened compote, try adding a little grape sugar.
Dried fruit compote is very useful. At any time of the year, you can replenish your body with essential vitamins and minerals. The main thing is to cook the compote correctly so that during the boiling of the liquid all the beneficial substances do not evaporate. Diversify your diet with such a wonderful drink. Replace regular water or tea with compote of dried fruit, because it is not only useful, but also tasty.