The great classic Nikolai Vasilyevich Gogol mentioned in his work "The Night Before Christmas" an incredibly tasty and nutritious dish called "dumplings". Now on the shelves of shops you can find various types of this dish. As a rule, the dough for such dumplings is made on water.
butdumplings are much tastier if dairy products such as kefir are at the heart of dough preparation.
Dough recipe for dumplings on kefir
- Flour - 5 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Soda - 0.5 tsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Egg - 1 pc
- Kefir - 0.5 L
- The cooking process begins by mixing eggs with sugar. Then we take flour and add salt and soda. All this needs to be well mixed. Soda must be added to the flour, not kefir or eggs. Make a funnel in the flour and put an egg with sugar in it, and then pour kefir into the funnel gradually.
- Now you can knead the dough. This should be done as carefully as possible. After the dough is kneaded, cover it with a kitchen towel and let stand for about half an hour.
- Then you can add stuffing and sculpt vareniki.
- Boil the resulting semi-finished products can be steamed or in boiling water. If you decide to boil in water, then do not forget that the water should boil when you put dumplings there.
- After the dumplings are in the pan, they need to stir for about a minute so that they do not stick to the bottom of the dish. Cook them for four to five minutes. However, in order not to be mistaken with the degree of cooking, take out one dumpling and pierce it with a fork, then you will understand how much the dish is still to cook.
- If you are a supporter of steaming, then you should cook dumplings first on one side for three minutes, then on the other for the same amount of time.
Dough on kefir for cherry dumplings
- Kefir - 300 ml
- Egg0 - 3 pcs
- Sahara - 1 tsp.
- Flour - 600 g
- Salt - to taste
- Cooking is quite simple. First you need to mix the kefir with sugar, salt and add eggs there and beat a little the mixture of these ingredients.
- Then you need to add half the flour and use a mixer to make a smooth dough.
- Gradually pouring flour, knead the dough with your hands. When the dough is ready, he needs to lie down a bit.
- Now you can sculpt dumplings.
A simple dough recipe for dumplings on kefir
- Flour - 3 tbsp.
- Kefir - 1 tbsp.
- Soda - 0.5 tsp.
- Egg - 1 pc
- Salt - to taste.
- Flour must be sifted, add kefir. These components are carefully moved.
- Then add the egg to the resulting mass, salt and put the soda. Mix everything thoroughly, knead the dough.
- After kneading the dough, cover the pan in which it is located, cover it with a napkin and leave it to stand for half an hour in the refrigerator. When the dough is infused, you can start sculpting dumplings.
- Above the filling of your dumplings you can dream as much as you want. Inside may be cottage cheese, cherries, minced meat and even potatoes. It's all about your taste.
Those people who had a chance to try real dumplings with the most tender dough at least once in their lives will never forget their amazing taste. Real dumplings are so soft, light and tender that they literally melt in your mouth. It was not for nothing that legends and songs were written about this dish, they were written about them in literature, and even monuments were made.