Manty - meat and dough products, similar to dumplings, are only 3-4 times larger and common among the peoples of Central Asia. Recipes for the filling, as well as the "shell" for this dish, involve many variations. The traditional dough for manti in Uzbek is prepared from water and flour, as for ordinary ravioli.
Manty are large steamed dumplings. In Central Asia, lamb mince is used as a filling, but today, hostesses often replace it with chicken, turkey, beef or pork. A great addition can be fresh greens.
For cooking manti in Asia, a special container consisting of several cylinders is used. Since it is very difficult to find such dishes in Russia, you can use a regular steamer or cook manti in water, like ordinary dumplings.
Not less variations than the filling, has a dough for Uzbek mantels. Although its ingredients are very simple, each of the varieties can add its own flavor to the overall palette of the dish.
Traditional dough for Uzbek manti
- 1 kg of flour;
- 2 eggs;
- some olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- 1 tbsp. l salt.
- Pour flour into dishes for making dough, sifting it beforehand in order to enrich it with oxygen.
- Make a hole in it and drive eggs there.
- Pour oil into cold water, salt.
- Gradually pour the water into the flour, stirring lightly.
- Knead the dough first with a spoon and then with your hands, putting it on a cutting board.
- Wrap the dough in plastic or plastic wrap and allow it to rest at room temperature.
- After half an hour it will be possible to wrap manti.
Basis for manti without eggs: recipe with photos
This version of the test is also quite common and is often used in the preparation of manteas. If there are no eggs in the house, you can use it successfully.
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 0.5 kg of flour;
- 2 tbsp. l sunflower oil;
- Pre-sift flour and pour into deep dishes.
- Oil, salt and water mix.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into the flour and knead the dough. It should be hard enough.
- Instead of the usual kneading the dough for manta need to beat off, with a force hitting the table. As a result, it should become very elastic.
- Roll up the dough in the form of a rope, wrap it in a napkin and leave it at room temperature.
- After half an hour you get the perfect workpiece for manti.
Classic cooking without oil
Sunflower oil is not involved in this recipe. It is the most economical and consists only of flour and water.
- 1 tbsp. cold water;
- 2.5 Art. flour;
- Sift flour and put in a deep dish for dough.
- Salt water and pour into flour.
- First knead with a tablespoon, then knead the dough with your hands for 20-30 minutes.
- When it becomes elastic enough, put in a bowl and cover with a napkin or towel.
- After half an hour, when the gluten swells, you can start cooking manti.
If the house has a bread maker, you can use it to make dough. This will greatly simplify the process and save time.
- 2/3 Art. water;
- 0.5 kg of flour;
- 2 eggs;
- All ingredients are put in the bowl of the bread maker. First, it is recommended to lay flour, then drive eggs into it and pour water.
- Put on the "dough" for 20 minutes.
- After a specified time, remove the dough from the breadmaker.
- You can start cooking manti.
Delicate base on kefir
Instead of kefir sour milk, which stagnated in the refrigerator, is quite suitable. The dough is surprisingly delicate and resembles yeast in its qualities.
- 3.5 tbsp. flour;
- 2 tbsp. kefir;
- 0.5 tsp. soda;
- Pre-sift flour and salt.
- Heat sour milk or kefir to room temperature and add soda to it.
- Gradually add flour to the billet.
- Knead the dough. It should be quite elastic.
- Leave it at room temperature for 40 minutes under film or in polyethylene.
Dough for coats with yolks
This recipe involves not only whole eggs, but also yolks. It is through this ingredient that the dough becomes amazingly tasty. To add plasticity to it add vegetable oil.
- 0.25 kg of flour;
- 0.5 tsp. oils;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 egg yolks;
- Flour well sift and salt.
- Put in her yolks and hammer eggs.
- Knead homogeneous dough. It is possible to use a food processor for this purpose.
- If you are kneading the dough in a blender, then continue to press it with your hands until it becomes elastic.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate. Soak in the cold for 1 hour.
To make manti tasty, take advantage of some tips from experienced chefs.
- Flour before cooking must sift without ignoring this stage. It will allow you to saturate it with oxygen and make the dough softer.
- The amount of ingredients given in recipes is approximately. Always focus on food quality and cooking conditions. So, flour has a different percentage of gluten, so each housewife's recipe can be modified.
- If the dough is too soft, hold it in the cold for 1 hour.
- Hard dough can be made more elastic by adding vegetable oil.
- Knead on boiling water, it will be softer and more pliable.
Manty is an amazingly tasty dish painted in Asian national colors. Compliance with the technology in the preparation of dough and well-chosen filling can make it a real delicacy for residents of all corners of the world.