Want to know more about the country - get to know its cuisine. If they say "Italy", then in the imagination there is an image of a big juicy pizza and delicious lasagna. Both dishes can be cooked at home. However, in the recipe for lasagna dough there are a number of important points that you definitely need to take into account in order for the famous dish to work out with a bang.
Delicious heritage of the ancient Romans
The first description of the technology of cooking lasagna was recorded in the 14th century. But, as studies show, the dish appeared on the territory of modern Italy long before that. It is believed that the Romans adopted the manner of eating bread made from wheat bread from the Greeks, modifying the way they were cut. The name appeared due to the word lasanum, which refers to the dishes in which these products were prepared. Today lasagna is a few layers of dough, soaked in sauce or stuffed with meat, vegetables and sprinkled with grated cheese. The most popular layer for the dough is the stew of fresh vegetables and minced meat - bolognese.
Cook or do not cook - that is the question
For many, the main question in the preparation of sheets for real lasagna is whether to cook them. There are two types of flour blanks:
- requiring pre-boiling in salted water;
- ready to cook.
However, both types are prepared in the same way, so everything depends on the recipe, or rather, on the filling. In any case, the dough sheets of the "correct" sheets for lasagna can be made quite easily with your own hands.
5 cooking options
Every Italian mistress is convinced that only she knows the recipe for the most delicious lasagna. And even if it doesn’t sound completely true, there are really about a hundred recipes for dough for this dish. Consider the most popular.
As with any other flour product, the dough for a traditional Italian dish can be rich.
- 350 g of sifted wheat flour;
- 3 small eggs;
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
- salt (to your taste).
- Pour the sifted flour on the prepared work surface.
- We form a shallow funnel and break eggs into it.
- Stir, pour in oil.
- Knead the mass for about 15 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a thin towel and let it stand for 40 minutes in a warm place.
- We divide the entire workpiece into 6 parts.
- Each roll into a thin layer and lay out on a towel to dry a little. Sheets are ready for transferring the filling.
To prepare the sheets in this way you need only 15 minutes. But dry the workpiece will have about 3 hours.
- 3 tbsp. sifted wheat flour;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 1.5 tsp. salt;
- 3 tbsp. l sunflower oil;
- ½ tbsp. chilled boiled water.
- Pour the flour onto the work surface, form a small depression and drive in 1 egg.
- Slightly mix, salt.
- In a bowl, shake up the butter with the yolk and protein.
- Add to flour, mix.
- Pour water in small portions by kneading the stiff dough.
- We roll the workpiece with a roller and divide it into 6-8 parts.
- Each portion roll out in a square and lay out on a towel to dry.
- After 3 hours, the sheets are ready for boiling in salted water for 1 minute.
- Pour dough stuffing and bake or fry, depending on the recipe.
Sheets mixed in milk give the finished lasagne a unique delicate taste.
- ½ tbsp. homemade milk;
- 3 eggs;
- salt (to your taste);
- flour (an amount sufficient to knead the elastic dough).
- Using the whisk, shake the milk, eggs and salt.
- Pour flour and knead in small portions until flexible dough is obtained.
- Put the preparation of 40 minutes in a warm place to swell gluten.
- Cut the dough into equal parts and roll them into layers.
- Give the dough a little dry.
- Boil for about 1 minute in water with salt and oil (olive). Sheets for cooking lasagna at home are ready to "communicate" with the filling.
Egg and flour harvesting
Saturated layer, prepared in this way, advantageously set aside any content.
- 1 kg of durum wheat flour;
- 10 chicken eggs.
- Pour flour into a bowl with wide sides, leaving 1 tbsp. for powder preparation in the mixing process.
- In a separate bowl shake the eggs.
- Add the egg mash to the flour and begin to mix.
- Sprinkle your hands with flour and begin to knead by hand.
- Prepared dough wrapped with cling film and let stand for 20-30 minutes in the cool.
- We divide the workpiece into several pieces.
- Each turn the rolling pin into a thin layer, drying it for 10 minutes on a fabric towel.
- Boil for about 5 minutes in salted water.
- Ready sheets shift stuffing and prepare for the selected recipe.
To achieve the bright color of the lasagne base is very simple: add turmeric to the billet. Everything else, it will give the dish a savory taste.
- 450 g of sifted wheat flour;
- 5 eggs;
- 1.5 Art. l melted butter;
- 1.5 tsp. turmeric powder;
- salt (to your taste).
- Pour sifted flour, salt, turmeric into a bowl with wide sides.
- In a separate bowl shake eggs with butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour.
- Stir well with a spoon and then knead with the hands.
- Prepared dough is covered with foil (food grade) and shipped to cold for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the workpiece into several identical pieces, each roll into a sheet. Give dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook in salted water for about 2 minutes. Sheets are ready.
How to cook lasagna?
After the sheets for the Italian meal are ready, it's time to fill them. Universal filling is considered bechamel sauce. They are coated with all sheets that can not be boiled beforehand. Traditionally, the top of the dish is sprinkled with grated cheese and baked in the oven for about 30 minutes at 150-180 degrees. If, according to the recipe, the sheets were first boiled, the cooking time can be reduced to 15 minutes.
Home-made lasagne dough recipes can be found for every taste. It all depends on your culinary skills and the availability of necessary products. But whichever option you choose, be sure to sift the flour, knead the dough thoroughly and let the prepared sheets dry slightly. As for the further technology of preparation, it is important not to forget to generously sprinkle with lasagna cheese.