According to legend, waffles appeared by chance. Once a knight in an armor sat on a pancake, and so the well-known net pattern was formed. The blessing in the modern world the basis for baking prepares a little differently. The electric waffle maker dough has many different recipes. Let's look at the most popular.
Waffle making secrets
Waffles can have a variety of shapes: a thin crunchy base for the horn, soft and lush - for French and Belgian pastries. Stuffings for them are sweet in the form of cream or boiled condensed milk, as well as minced meat, mushrooms or bacon.
But when it comes to the stages of making waffles, the most important of them is the kneading dough. It would be nice if you consider several main aspects in your work:
- To get started, read the instructions for use of the device. The principle of operation of each waffle iron is its own: some require that the surface be oiled, while others have enough fat from the dough.
- If you are cooking lush Viennese, French or Belgian waffles, do not be too lazy to separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the whites in a separate bowl until the foams are resistant and only then carefully add the eggs to the dough.
- Many of the most interesting waffle recipes require the use of kefir or sourdough. The problem is that not always such ingredients can be found on hand. It does not matter: replace kefir with sour milk or a few spoons of sour cream.
- Products from any recipe should always be the same room temperature, so do not forget to prepare in advance all the necessary ingredients.
How well you can cook lush or crispy waffles, only practice will show, so we will not hesitate and immediately begin to learn recipes.
French waffle toast
This clear recipe for an electric waffle maker will tell you how to make amazing lush waffles in just a few minutes. Delicacy is moderately sweet and is perfect for breakfast, especially if the waffles are decorated with fresh fruit or whipped cream.
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 2 tsp. baking powder;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 5 eggs;
- 1 and ½ tbsp. milk;
- 5 tbsp. l melted margarine;
- 1 tsp. liquid vanilla essence.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. For lush waffles flour is desirable to sift.
- Now, using a special tool or simply throwing the yolk from one shell to another, separate the eggs.
- With a soft whisk or a mixer at medium speed, whip the whites until a thick resistant foam is formed.
- In a bowl with dry ingredients, add butter, yolks, vanilla and mix everything well.
- Then add a little whipped protein to the dough and mix. Do not beat the dough too hard, otherwise the foam will settle.
- The dough is ready, and you can start creating delicious fluffy waffles. Use half or whole glass of batter for 1 wafer, the amount depends on the size of the device.
Wafer Cone Base
Do you remember that unforgettable taste of childhood, when mom in the kitchen was cooking crispy tubes filled with boiled condensed milk? Probably, it is impossible to forget even after many years. By the way, the dough for the tubes in the electric waffle iron is not difficult to prepare, and most importantly, this option is the most budget.
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 200 g margarine;
- a bag of vanilla sugar;
- 5 eggs
- In a small bowl, mix the margarine with sugar and begin to slowly beat with a mixer. In the process we add one egg to the oily mixture.
- When the paste becomes a smooth consistency, we begin to add flour. It is best to do this in several approaches - it is easier to break up lumps.
- At the very end add the vanilla sugar and mix. The result should be a good thick dough.
- Spread the dough into a pre-warmed waffle iron 1 tablespoon with a hill. And you need to roll up the tubes while the cakes are still hot.
Potato dough: tasty and healthy
Of course, potato dough is not the same as for wafer tubes and it is better to fry it in an old waffle iron, but if you decide to try such a basis, you will not lose it. Vegetable toasts are very unusual and tasty. Such waffles can be given to a child for a snack at school or you can take a couple with you to work.
- 4 tbsp. l margarine;
- ½ tbsp. kefir;
- 2 large eggs;
- 2 tbsp. mashed potatoes;
- 3 tbsp. l chopped green onions;
- ½ tbsp. flour;
- ½ tsp baking powder;
- ¼ tsp soda;
- ½ tsp salts;
- ½ tsp ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp garlic powder.
- Melt the margarine, sliced, in a small saucepan over low heat.
- While the margarine is being heated, in a separate bowl, beat the kefir and eggs.
- Add the oil mixture, mashed potatoes and green onions to the bowl. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Combine sifted flour, baking powder, soda, salt with pepper and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
- Now mix all the ingredients together until a uniform, uniform paste is formed.
- Heat the waffle iron and put on it about 1 tbsp. l potato dough. Bake waffles until dough runs out.
- Prepared waffles before serving can be sprinkled with grated cheese and removed for 5 minutes in a preheated oven - it will turn out very tasty.
For the preparation of waffles in electrical appliances as a basis, you can take almost any ingredients. Do not be afraid to experiment with vegetable dough or try to make chocolate waffles that all sweet tooths will love. Good appetite!