One of the most popular and favorite mushrooms among cooks are champignons. They are part of many dishes, in addition, they are eaten raw. These mushrooms have gained such popularity not only because of their rich taste and delicate aroma, but also because of the benefits they bring.
The composition of champignons includes vitamins B, C and D, sodium, phosphorus, linoleic acid, amino acids and potassium. And these mushrooms contain easily digestible protein, so they are recommended to be eaten by vegetarians. Mushrooms greatly improve brain activity and reduce the risk of heart attack, the occurrence of atherosclerosis. In order for the beneficial substances to be fully preserved, it is necessary to know the rules of processing and preparation of this product.
Do champignons clean?
- First of all, you need to decide whether you will cook purchased or hand-picked mushrooms. Purchased mushrooms, many housewives do not clean and do not even washed, considering that the product in the packaging is clean. This is a misconception, mushrooms from the supermarket should be washed under running water or wiped with a damp towel. These champignons were grown artificially on a substrate, which is why a false impression is created that they are clean.
- Remember that cultivation conditions cannot be sterile. In addition, chemical fertilizers are often used to increase the yield of fungi, which can settle on their surface. If the product does not undergo sufficient processing, the particles of harmful substances can get into the food and cause negative consequences, including poisoning.
- Mushrooms, collected by hand, need more thorough cleaning. If they are not large, there will be less worries with them. Brush off the surface of the earth with a brush, rinse under water and renew the cut at the foot itself with a well-sharpened knife. After cut into pieces of the required size, but it is better to cook whole. The peel on the cap of young mushrooms is tender and thin, therefore, it is senseless and troublesome to shoot it. If the champignon reaches a size of 5 cm and more, then cleaning will be painstaking. The skin from the surface of the cap must be carefully removed with a knife. After that, carefully cut the bottom of the leg. Do not forget that the more the product is stored in the refrigerator, the greater part of the legs must be cut. The so-called skirt from the fungus can not be cut, it is edible.
How to cook mushrooms?
After this product has been purchased (assembled) and cleaned, it is time to prepare it. The easiest way is to cut them in small pieces and add them to the salad or to the sandwiches, because these mushrooms do not have to be heat treated.
But, most often, this product is fried. The classic recipe is simple. It is necessary to pour the vegetable or put the butter in a deep frying pan and heat. Prepared champignons put in red-hot dishes. First of all, water begins to evaporate (mushrooms darken), most often it takes no more than 7 minutes. After that fry another 5 minutes until golden brown. When frying champignons, be sure to salt, for onion and flavor, you can add onions or soy sauce.
Mostly these mushrooms are used in the preparation of hot dishes or salads. They are a great side dish for meat.
Mushrooms in cheese and sour cream sauce
- Fresh champignons - 600 g
- Hard cheese - 200 g
- Sour cream (15%) - 150 ml
- Onions - 1 head
- Salt, black pepper - to taste
- Wash the mushrooms, dry with a paper towel, cut and fry in a pan until golden brown.
- While the mushrooms are roasting, grate the cheese on a medium grater and mix it with sour cream.
- Cooked champignons salt and pepper, put the sliced onion on top and pour the whole mixture of cheese and sour cream.
- After waiting, until the liquid is evaporated from the pan and gently mix everything so that the dish does not burn, while trying not to hurt the onions.
- When the liquid is evaporated by ¾, the pan should be covered with a lid, and the fire should be made minimal, so cook the dish for another 20 minutes.
- Such mushrooms are a great side dish for pork. Put fried champignons in tartlets, you will get an amazingly appetizing snack!
- Champignons - 0.5 kg
- Potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Vermicelli - 2 handfuls
- Greens, salt - to taste
- Wash mushrooms, chop, add water and salt and boil.
- Peel and grate the carrots, finely chop the onion and chop the potatoes. Cooked mushrooms recline in a colander.
- Lightly fry the onions, put the carrots in the pan and fry everything until fully cooked.
- While onions and carrots will be fried, add potatoes to the mushroom broth and let it boil. Add over cooking and champignons.
- After the soup begins to boil, hold on the fire for another 3 minutes and add vermicelli and greens. Cook until ready 5 minutes.
- Serve the mushroom soup preferably with sour cream.
Champignon puree soup
- Champignons - 600 g
- Milk - 800 ml
- Flour (top grade) - 2 tbsp.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil
- Egg yolks - 2 pcs.
- Cream - 1 tbsp.
- Wash mushrooms and divide into 2 parts. Most of the mushrooms are finely chopped or minced, put in a saucepan and add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, carrots, cut into large circles, and a whole peeled onion. Cover and simmer all 40 minutes.
- After that, the vegetables need to fill with water (1 tbsp.) And bring to a boil.
- The remaining champignons cook.
- Flour lightly fry in vegetable oil and pour in the milk and 1 tbsp. water. Separately bring to a boil and pour into a container of mushrooms, remove carrots and onions from there, salt and boil for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, the cream soup must be filled with a mixture of cream and yolk, as well as boiled mushrooms. It is customary to serve with croutons.
See also: Do I need to clean the mushrooms?
You can simply wash the champignons or peel them with a knife. Choose a convenient method depending on the recipe in which you will use mushrooms. The cleaned product retains its white color, so it is more suitable for salads, frying, decorating dishes, it may turn slightly darkened - add it to soups and julienas.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina