Armenian lavash is used to prepare various snacks with a wide variety of fillings: rolls, envelopes, burritos, lazy pasties, etc. But lavash rolls with crab sticks, perhaps, can most often be found on festive tables. And, although there is a classic recipe, many, experimenting, add their ingredients.
The popularity of such use of pita in the culinary world is easily explained: with the help of it you can build a tasty and beautiful snack, and in the shortest possible time; Lavash is combined with absolutely any ingredients, and, in addition, you can buy it at any grocery store. Try it and you cook something delicious out of it.
Lavash roll with crab sticks: a step by step recipe
- Armenian lavash (the one that is in the form of thin layers, not flat cakes) - 1 pack;
- crab sticks or crab meat - 1 pack. (200 g);
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs;
- hard cheese - 300 g;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- fresh herbs - 50 g;
- mayonnaise or sour cream for impregnation.
- Start better with the preparation of the filling. Grate cheese, eggs and pre-thawed crab sticks.
- Squeeze the peeled garlic into a cup of mayonnaise (sour cream). If you use sour cream, it is better to add some salt.
- Finely chop the greens. You can use dill, scallions, cilantro, parsley, basil, celery and even all at once.
- Mix all the ingredients of the filling in one bowl. Add mayonnaise or sour cream, leaving a couple of spoons for the next step.
- Roll out the pita bread and spread it with mayonnaise or sour cream (thin layer). PHOTO
- Put a layer of filling on top. Wrap the pita bread in a tight roll and, wrapping food cling film, leave it to soak at room temperature for half an hour (the longer the better). You can, of course, not wait until the roll is soaked (for example, if the guests are already on the doorstep), but in this case your dish will be less tasty. PHOTO
- Cut the roll in small pieces (not very thick, so that it is convenient to eat) and put on a plate cut up. You can decorate the dish with green leaves and vegetable figures (for example, roses from tomatoes, carrots, etc.).
If you want to make a more delicate treat to taste, do not add garlic to sour cream. This option is suitable for children who usually turn up their noses from him and from the bow.
Delicious roll with red fish
- Armenian lavash - 1 pack;
- Cream cheese or cottage cheese (cream) - 140-180 g;
- trout (salmon or other red fish) light-salted - 150-200 g;
- crab sticks - 150-200 g;
- mayonnaise - 4 tbsp. l .;
- dill, parsley, cilantro (optional) - several bunches;
- lettuce leaves, cherry tomatoes or olives for decoration.
- Spread a sheet of pita, spread it with melted cheese or cottage cheese, not missing a single site.
- Grate the crab sticks on a fine grater, mix them with the mayonnaise and place on the pita over the previous layer.
- Finely chop the greens and distribute it on the crab layer.
- Top with thin slices of red fish.
- Gently wind the layers into a tight roll, wrap the resulting "sausage" in cling film and refrigerate for several hours.
- It remains only to cut the roll into pieces.
Serve them on a platter decorated with lettuce leaves. On each piece you can put a cherry tomato or olive sliced in half.
What else is combined with crab sticks?
You can make another pita roll. Crab sticks fillings are the most diverse:
- with the addition of cucumber (rub it on the grate with the skin);
- with roasted beets (to do this, first fry finely chopped onions, and then the beets, grated on a coarse grater), chopped walnuts and garlic;
- with grated apple and celery;
- with corn, egg and rice (in this case, it will resemble a well-known salad, only its supply will be slightly unusual - at the roll);
- with feta cheese;
- with fried bacon (laid out on the same principle as the slices of red fish in the above recipe);
- with caviar (and in order not to "drown out" its taste, it is better to soak the pita not with mayonnaise, but with melted or curd cream cheese).
From these options, you can pick up your own ingredients, if the task is to make a tasty, interesting, but lean pita roll with crab sticks.
By the way, if the filling allows, you can fry the rolls or brown in the oven. Of course, this method is not suitable, for example, for rolls with caviar or cucumber, but for cheese toppings it may come in handy. Although in the classic version this dish is served without heat treatment.
Lavash rolls with crab sticks are easy to prepare and have excellent taste, which is appreciated by almost everyone. Such rolls can be made not only for the holiday table, but also for breakfast, if you are used to snacking tightly in the morning. So there are many reasons to note these recipes.