Each of us loves to enjoy a delicious dessert. There are many recipes for making gourmet pastries, but many children and adults love eclairs. And if earlier such a confection could be tasted at a coffee shop or purchased at a store, then today every hostess is able to cook this masterpiece in her kitchen. Of course, in order for the baking to turn out delicious, you need to properly make the dough and cream. How to cook custard for eclairs, and it will be discussed in our article.
How to cook eclairs with custard: tips confectioners
To make delicious eclairs, the hostess will have to work a little. To make custard dough and cream, you need to choose quality products and perform all actions step by step. You need to spend at least two hours of your time. Just imagine how wonderful it is to gather the whole family at the dinner table at the weekend and taste the pastries you have prepared. Secrets of experienced pastry chefs will help you win praise from your family.
If you have never prepared a custard, the recommendations of experts in the confectionery region will fall by the way:
- for brewing cream, choose only fat and fresh milk;
- there should be butter in the custard, not margarine or spread;
- boil the cream should be on low heat, constantly stirring;
- the readiness of the cream is determined by the dissolution of all components and its density;
- for filling eclairs custard, you can use a special pastry syringe;
- if you want the cream turned out gentle and homogeneous, brew it in a water bath;
- for quick cooling, the container with the cream should be placed in cold water or overlaid with ice cubes.
Homemade eclairs: a classic recipe
Of course, the quality and taste of baking is more dependent on the dough. But the filling also plays an important role. Classic custard is prepared according to GOST. Let's take a look at step by step how to make traditional eclair cream. To accurately measure the amount of added ingredients, it is best to use kitchen scales.
- flour - 50 g;
- granulated sugar - 195 g;
- butter - 15 g;
- vanilla sugar or essence;
- Chicken eggs - 2-3 pcs .;
- fat milk - 375 ml.
- In order to cook a real custard, flour must be thoroughly fried. It is recommended to do this in an oven at a temperature threshold of 110 ° for 50 minutes. After that, the flour should be allowed to cool. Roasted flour should get a nutty flavor.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly. To do this, you can use a blender or mixer. On the egg mass should form a characteristic foam.
- Then combine the cooled flour with beaten egg mass and mix everything well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and milk. Put the container on a moderate heat and bring to a boil.
- Gradually hot milk needs to be poured into the egg mass. In this case, be sure to stir everything thoroughly so that the eggs do not boil.
- Put the resulting mass in a water bath and heat slightly. Add melted butter and vanilla sugar to cream. Mix everything well and cool.
- During brewing cream should thicken greatly. After a few minutes, set the cream container aside and use it as a filling.
Chocolate Custard Recipe
If you want to surprise your household, then try to cook the custard with the addition of chocolate.
- butter - 150 g;
- fat milk - 400 ml;
- high-grade flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
- cocoa powder - 2 tbsp. l .;
- granulated sugar - 200 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- First you need to sift the cocoa so that it is easier to mix with the other ingredients.
- Sugar should be poured into a separate dish and mixed with sifted cocoa powder.
- Then in the resulting mixture you need to add chicken eggs and pour the milk. All components are thoroughly mixed with a spoon, mixer or whisk.
- The resulting mass must be put on a moderate heat and bring to a boil. In the process of brewing cream you need to constantly mix.
- When the mass boils, it should be added sifted flour. In the absence of flour, it can be replaced with food starch.
- As soon as the cream thickens, it should be set aside and let it cool. Eclairs can be filled with ready-made custard chocolate cream.
In a hurry, you can make custard with condensed milk. Housewives offer a variety of different recipes for brewing cream: lemon, cream, coffee, etc. Choose your custard to taste and surprise households and guests.
- Pancake cakes: recipes photo
- How do I make a cold cake?
Step-by-step recipe for the most delicate baking
For filling eclairs you can use any of the above custard recipes. However, the taste of the finished baking depends on the quality of the dough. Let's step by step consider the recipe of cooking the most delicious and delicate choux pastry for baking eclairs.
- boiled cooled water (filtered) - 250 g;
- chicken eggs - 4 pcs .;
- butter - 110 g;
- flour - 200 g;
- salt - 0.5 tsp.
- In a separate container (best of all thick-walled dishes) pour in water, add salt and put on moderate heat. Be sure to wait for the boiling water.
- After the salted water has boiled, put slightly softened butter in the container. Mix oil well with water. It is best to use a wooden spoon or spatula for this.
- When the butter is completely melted, proceed to add sifted flour. Do not forget to constantly mix all the ingredients.
- After you have poured all the flour and thoroughly mixed it with water, reduce the heat to the minimum mark and continue brewing the dough until it looks like a plasticine in consistency.
- When the dough is almost cold, beat the eggs. It is best to drive in one egg and mix well with a spoon or spatula so that the mass is homogeneous.
- Take the pastry jar (bag) or plastic bag and put the choux pastry into it.
- Make a hole in the bag or remove the tip from the syringe.
- Squeeze small rectangles from the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper greased with butter or sunflower oil.
- Bake eclairs should be in the oven for at least 30-40 minutes at a temperature threshold of 190-200 °.
- Do not open the oven door until it is fully cooked, otherwise the dough will not work and the eclairs will not be airy and fluffy.
- Eclairs can be filled with custard using a special syringe.
Many housewives are interested in the question whether it is possible to make eclairs without custard. Of course, as a filling, you can use a variety of fruits, pastes, banana cream, chopped currants, pure condensed milk, yogurt, avocado and much more. By the way, some housewives prefer savory, for example, fish or sharp fillings.
Cook with pleasure and pamper your household with gourmet pastries. The step-by-step methods of cooking eclair and custard described in this article will allow you to bake a delicious dessert without much effort.