Salad The cuckoo's nest is a very tasty and nutritious festive salad.He owes his satiety to the presence of chicken in it. In addition, it contains ingredients that give the dish a special piquancy and unique aftertaste. Salad can be used as an independent dish for dinner, and if you manage to decorate it beautifully, it will become an indispensable participant in festive meals.
There are several recipes for this salad. They are not much different from each other, so you can safely try a new one every time.
Salad Cuckoo's Nest with grapes and hazelnuts
- Chicken Breast - 3 pcs
- Celery Root - 50-100 g
- Grapes - 300 g
- Hazelnuts - 50-70 g
- Quail eggs (boiled) - 2 pcs
- Dill greens
- Lettuce leaves
- Ground black pepper
- Take the chicken breasts and rinse them. Put clean meat in a pot of boiling water. Meat must be salted and cooked until ready. When the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan and cool. Chilled breasts cut into small cubes.
- Grind hazelnuts. Then take the grapes, rinse them thoroughly and dry. Prepared grapes must be cut into two halves and rid of seeds. Some grapes need to be put off to decorate the salad. Now prepare the celery. To do this, clean it from the skin and finely cut into cubes.
- When all the ingredients are prepared, you can proceed directly to the preparation of the salad. To do this, put all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. Season the salad with mayonnaise. Stir the entire contents of the bowl.
- Decorate the flat dish with lettuce leaves and place the contents of the bowl on it. In the center of the laid out content, make a recess so that you get something resembling a nest. Decorate the sides of this bird's nest with grapes.
- Put quail eggs in the welded form into the recess formed by you. Salad decorate a sprig of dill. Put the dish in the refrigerator where it should be infused for half an hour. After that you can serve the salad on the table.
Salad Cuckoo's Nest with Pickled Mushrooms
- Peking cabbage - 300 g
- Onions - 1 head
- Carrots - 1 pc
- Cucumber - 2 pieces
- Marinated mushrooms - 100 g
- Potato - 3 pcs
- Chicken Breast - 1 pc
- Slice all the vegetables into strips. Carrots and onions should be fried in a frying pan until the onions are golden in color. Separately fry the potatoes.
- Chicken breast should be cooked and then cut into cubes. Marinated mushrooms must also be chopped.
- In order to form a nest, you must first put Peking cabbage on lettuce sheets. Cover this layer with mayonnaise a little. Then put chopped cucumber. Salted cucumber and cover with mayonnaise too.
- The next layer will be chicken breast mixed with mayonnaise and pickled mushrooms. Then put onions and carrots, and on top cover everything with fried potatoes and season with dill for taste and aroma.
- Now the salad is ready. If desired, you can put stuffed eggs on top of the salad. To do this, they must be stuffed with a mixture of garlic, pickled cucumber, yolk, mayonnaise and greens.
Salad Cuckoo's Nest with apples and gherkins
- Boiled asparagus - 4-5 pieces
- Gherkins - 5 pcs
- Apples - 3 pcs
- Garlic - 1 head
- Cottage cheese - 3 tbsp.
- Boiled eggs - 3 pieces
- Cabbage - 1 sheet
- Gherkins, apples, eggs, asparagus and garlic should be finely chopped. Prepared foods should be mixed together and add cottage cheese to them. Mix everything again. Now salt the mixture and season with mayonnaise. Mix everything again.
- Take a large cabbage leaf and scald it with boiling water. Scald leaf placed on a plate. On a cabbage leaf of greenery, build a kind of nest and place the salad you made into it. In portioned plates, it is customary to lay out the salad along with the greens.
Salad Cuckoo's Nest with mushrooms and cheese
- Chicken leg - 1 pc
- Eggs - 5 pcs
- Potato - 2 pcs
- Onion - 1 pc
- Marinated mushrooms - 200 g
- Processed cheese - 1 pc
- Lettuce leaves
- Boil a large enough chicken leg, cool it and cut it into small cubes. Take 5 boiled eggs and separate the whites from the yolks. Grind proteins on a coarse grater, yolks will be useful later.
- Peel 2 potatoes, cut them into thin strips, as if you are going to make french fries, and fry them. The onion cut into half rings must be marinated using a marinade consisting of salt, sugar, water and vinegar.
- Marinated mushrooms should be cut into strips.
- Now you need to cook "cuckoo eggs". To do this, grind grated melted cheese and egg yolks. Mix these ingredients and add mayonnaise. It is needed in such a quantity that it is possible to form balls from the resulting mass.
- Put some lettuce leaves on the dish. Put on the leaves a lot of mixed mushrooms, ham, potatoes, proteins, onion and mayonnaise.
- From the mass consisting of yolks and cheese, form small balls - these will be the "cuckoo's eggs". Roll the balls in finely chopped dill. Place the resulting eggs in a makeshift nest.
See also:Quail Egg Salad Recipes
Salad Cuckoo's Nest will decorate any table and, for sure, will appeal to all guests. A win-win combination of beauty, originality of design, amazing taste and incredible nutritional value will not leave anyone indifferent.