Home-made cranberry liqueur, the recipe for which we offer vodka, is a beverage in which the beneficial properties of the wild berry to some extent compensate for the harm of alcohol. In addition, cranberry well softens the specific taste of vodka and gives the drink a beautiful ruby tint, which makes it a welcome guest at any meal.
Cranberry: tasty, beautiful and ... useful
Today, official and traditional medicine recognize the effectiveness of alcohol-containing tinctures in the fight against various viruses and diseases. Homemade drinks are good because they are easy to prepare yourself from quality ingredients. There is no need to use highly specialized equipment.
Cranberries are a natural storehouse of the most valuable vitamins, which retain all their properties when preparing a drink on vodka. Since ancient times, people knew that tinctures made from medicinal herbs and berries produce a stronger effect, last longer and retain better the healing properties of the ingredients used compared with decoction on the water.
Cranberry tincture is not only a tasty drink, but also a natural medicine that can cope with many ailments. For centuries, cranberry has been used to treat scurvy, beriberi, and colds. In the long cold winter, it is good not only as a tasty alcoholic drink and an excellent aperitif, but also as a general tonic. For example, with the flu cranberry tincture is recommended to take in the amount of 1 tbsp. l 4 times a day until complete cure. With low blood pressure should drink in the morning on an empty stomach 2 tbsp. l cranberries until indicators are normalized. Organic acids and trace elements of the drink are useful in the fight against diseases such as cystitis, varicose veins.
How to prepare tincture on vodka?
For this drink is best to use berries collected in late autumn. Before preparing their tinctures, it is recommended to pre-freeze them - this is how they turn out sweeter. Cranberries do not lose their valuable properties when frozen.
For the drink use only whole, ripe, clean berries. They are lightly kneaded with a wooden pestle so that they give juice. But if you are ready to spend time, then you can pierce each berry in three places. Cranberry will release juice, and you will not have to filter the tincture to separate the cake.
As a sweetener, you can use regular sugar, honey, fructose. Very good and liqueur from cranberry berries. It differs from the tincture with a sweeter, richer taste and a lesser strength - 12-140. It is the liqueur that is best used as a light aperitif.
Cranberry tincture: a classic recipe for vodka
If you want to get a tasty, excellent quality tincture, pay special attention to the quality of both vodka and berries.
- 300 g cranberries;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 1 liter of vodka.
- Washed and sorted berries together with sugar grind to a state of mashed potatoes. Use a blender or meat grinder.
- Put berry puree in an enamel pan, cover with vodka and let the ingredients brew for 6 days in a dark warm place.
- Content must be shaken daily in the morning and evening.
- After 6 days, strain the drink through several layers of gauze, laid with cotton. Discard the cake, and pour the finished drink into beautiful bottles and store in the refrigerator.
Cranberry: recipe for vodka with honey
To prepare the tincture, you can use honey. The pouring is sweet, tasty and even more useful.
- 200 g cranberries;
- 100 g of honey;
- 100 ml of vodka.
- Prepared berries mash the pestle and squeeze the juice. Use for this gauze, folded in 3-4 layers, or a sieve.
- Mix the resulting juice with vodka and honey. Honey must be liquid. If it is candied, melt it in a water bath, but do not heat it up much.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour into a glass bottle.
- Insist them in the cold for 3 days, shaking every day.
Cranberry Vodka: A Sugar-Free Recipe
A good tincture can be prepared without the use of sweeteners. This option is suitable for those who do not like sweet liqueurs or liqueurs.
- 300 g cranberries;
- 100 ml of vodka.
- Berry mash well.
- Fill them with vodka and put in a cool place (you can in the fridge). Soak them there for 3 days. Shake the contents well every day.
- After 3 days, strain the infusion through several layers of gauze to make the drink transparent, without sediment, and treat your friends and loved ones with a light aperitif.
Original liqueurs are always made from berries and sugar by natural fermentation. At the same time the strength of the drink is small - about 140, therefore, vodka is used to increase the degree of the finished drink. From the usual homemade tinctures liqueurs differ tart and sweet taste and richer aroma.
- 500 g cranberries;
- 500 ml of water;
- 700 g of sugar;
- 100 ml of vodka.
- On the surface of each berry there are so-called wild yeasts, which are responsible for the natural fermentation. Therefore, it is impossible to wash cranberries for making liqueur, otherwise the cake will not ferment.
- Mash berries with a crush into a monotonous mass and fold into a bottle with a wide neck.
- Add sugar, pour in water and mix everything.
- Cover the neck with gauze and tightly fasten it. Store the bottle in a dark and warm place for 5 days. The temperature must be at least 180C. Once a day, mix the contents of the bottle well or stir it with a clean wooden spatula.
- As soon as the fermentation process begins (the liquid starts to bubble, foam, hiss, a sour smell appears) put a special water seal on the container or pull on a thin medical glove.
- The fermentation process will last about 30-40 days. When it is over, the glove will deflate.
- Now skip the tincture through several layers of gauze, laid with cotton wool, add vodka, mix and pour into bottles, tightly corked.
- Then it remains to stand in the cold for another 1 month, then once again pass through a gauze filter and pour into beautiful bottles.
- Such homemade liqueur is stored for 3 years, without loss of taste and quality.
- Properly prepared drink does not have a specific sour smell, which is clearly felt during fermentation.
Adhering to simple recipes, you can easily prepare a healthy and tasty drink, which will not be ashamed to serve for the festive table. In addition, in the winter, it can be used as a preventive measure. But do not forget about the perfidy of homemade tinctures and always observe moderation when using them for medicinal purposes.