Home-made cheeses are popular with many housewives. Everyone can prepare a tasty and nutritious product, and for this it is not necessary to have a special leaven on hand. A small amount of cottage cheese and milk is enough to get real hard or melted cheese. At the same time he will have many advantages. How to make cheese from cottage cheese at home?
Should I mess around?
It is quite obvious that shop cheese is much inferior to homemade in its properties. Find on the shelves of natural dairy products with no admixture of preservatives today is not easy, it is a rarity. Using a cottage cheese cooked with the hands of a village or with her own hands, the hostess has the opportunity to present her family with an absolutely safe and unrivaled delicacy.
Of course, homemade cheese is very different from solid yellow cheeses that can be found in supermarkets. Most of all it tastes like cheese or a product called "Health". Melted cheese reminds "Amber" - viscous, white, with a pleasant creamy taste.
The basis should take natural village products. If you want to enrich the flavors of the finished product, add in the cooking process chopped ham, greens or mushrooms.
Making cheese at home from cottage cheese
Making classic cheese from cottage cheese involves several steps.
- cottage cheese - 0.5 kg;
- milk - 0.5 l;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- soda and salt - 0.5 tsp;
- butter - 50 g
- Making the foundation. For this, the milk must be boiled beforehand.
- Cottage cheese knead well with a fork and dipped in hot milk.
- Mix semi-liquid mixture on low heat for about 10 minutes. At the same time it is necessary to stir it regularly so that the ingredients are not burnt. Harder cheese will turn out when processing about 15 minutes.
- Take a colander and cover it with gauze.
- Pour the milky curd mass and wait for excess liquid to drain.
- Gauze is good to tie and squeeze cheese hands.
- The resulting mass is again folded into a saucepan, flavored with soda, salt and melted butter.
- To sustain the "cheese preparation" on the slowest fire, until it begins to fall behind the dishes.
- Remove the cheese from the heat. When it hardens, lay out in a form pre-lubricated with fat.
- Put the dish in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- The result will be a hard cheese that can be put in salads, make sandwiches, pizza, main dishes with it.
Cream cheese made from cottage cheese is delicious!
In the previous recipe, a high-fat cheese prepared with milk was introduced. However, this is not the only product that can be obtained from the curd. From it you can also make excellent processed cheese, which is well suited for pizza. Its preparation does not take much time.
- cottage cheese - 0.5 kg;
- butter - 0.1 kg;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- soda - 0.5 tsp;
- salt - 1 dessert spoon.
- Cottage cheese mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add salt, soda and butter to the mass.
- Then hammer the egg.
- Grind the resulting mass in a blender.
- Put the cottage cheese in the pan and put it in a large container of boiling water.
- Stew in a water bath for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the mass becomes more viscous, it can be laid out in a dish for molding and well mashed with a spoon. For this purpose, any plastic bowl, greased.
- Put the resulting product in place cooler for 12 hours.
- To enhance the taste, you can add herbs, garlic, ham or other additives.
It is convenient to make melted cheese at night. In the morning it can be safely eaten with sandwiches or taken to work as a “brake”.
How to cook low fat cheese?
For those who adhere to a diet, suitable low-fat version of the recipe for cheese. The resulting product will be reminded in its qualities "Adygei". You can cook both on the stove and in the slow cooker. If you want to make the cheese more salty, add more salt.
- milk - 2 l;
- juice from 1 small lemon;
- pinch of granulated sugar;
- salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Milk heat in iron to 80 degrees. You can not bring it to a boil.
- Cool slightly and pour in salt and sugar.
- Mix well and pour out lemon juice.
- If whitish flakes formed in the milk, then everything is done correctly. Cover the dishes with a lid and leave to cool to 30 degrees.
- Coat the colander with gauze and fold the curd mass onto it. Leave it for half an hour.
- When all the liquid is drained, wrap the cheese in cheesecloth and put the load on top. A three-liter can or full weight can act as a yoke.
- Put in a cool place for 12 hours.
- When the cheese is ready, put it into shape. The shelf life of the product should not be more than a week.
To cook low-fat cheese, use the first recipe, but as a base, take the store cheese curd fat 1 or 0%.
In the process of cooking, follow a few simple rules.
- Take only fresh milk and other products.
- All components must be prepared in advance.
- The load that you put on the cheese mass should be as heavy as possible.
- Homemade cheese is not too hard. It can be cut into slices and served to the table, but it will be better to look in salads, pizza, main dishes. It’s good to make hot sandwiches with spices and greens.
Homemade cheese - an environmentally friendly product from fresh and natural ingredients. By its vitamin qualities, it is much better than industrial cheeses, which are made from powdered milk mixed with preservatives. If you ever try a cheese made from cottage cheese at home, you hardly want to buy an analogue in the store. It is done very simply, and even the most inept mistress will cope with it perfectly. Prepare the cheese yourself - and your body will say thank you.