Each hostess tries to diversify the menu and pamper their households not only delicious, but also healthy food. Corn porridge is considered to be very useful and fortified. It is this porridge that can be classified as a dietary meal, as its energy value is rather low. And if before the hostess reluctantly cooked corn porridge, because she now and then burned, today its cooking is much simpler thanks to the kitchen assistant - a slow cooker.
Corn porridge in a slow cooker is cooked quite simply, it turns out crumbly and very tasty.
The main thing is to know a few secrets.
How to cook corn porridge in a slow cooker?
Before you begin the process of cooking corn porridge in a slow cooker, learn a few helpful tips:
- Corn grits must first be washed so that the water is clear.
- In the process of cooking, use butter - so the taste of porridge will be very tender.
- Choose only the mode and time provided by the model of your multicooker. As a rule, each multicooker has a cooking program "Kashi" or "Rice-Groats".
- It is best to set the time set by the program, you can even add 5-10 minutes extra.
- In the Redmond multicooker, corn porridge will be cooked in 45 minutes, but in the Vitek model it is cooked for at least 1 hour.
- Corn porridge in a multicooker Polaris is prepared using a special technology. First, the slow cooker heats the water to 100 °, and then boils the porridge for a few minutes. In the future, the temperature is reduced, and porridge languishes, acquiring a very delicate taste. In such a multicooker porridge can cook from 1 to 2 hours.
- If in your multicooker there is a program "Multipovar", then you can significantly reduce the time of cooking corn porridge. It is enough to set a high temperature mode and set the time.
- At the end of the program it is better not to open the lid immediately - let the porridge brew. It is especially good to do this in multi-cookers, in which there is a “Heat” mode.
- Corn porridge can be cooked on the water, and with the addition of milk. Cooking recipes are a little different. If you adhere to the diet, it is better to cook it on water, because 100 g of the product contains only 98 Kcal.
Corn porridge with milk: a simple recipe
Corn grits cooked in milk will be a full and very satisfying breakfast. If your household is reluctant to eat milk porridge, then you can diversify it with honey, fresh berries or dried fruits, nuts, candied fruits or sweet syrup.
- corn grits - 200 g;
- milk of any fat content - 2 tbsp .;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- salt - a small pinch.
- Corn grits need to be thoroughly rinsed so that the water is clear. Then it should be thrown back in a colander and wait until excess liquid comes out.
- Smear the bowl of the slow cooker with lightly softened butter. The amount of oil depends solely on your preferences.
- Put the washed corn grits in the multicooker bowl, cover it with milk, add sugar and table salt. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Set the appropriate program: "Milk porridge", "Rice-Groats" or "Multipovar" and cook until the end of the specified time.
- Upon completion (after a beep), open the multicooker lid and mix the milky porridge. Then close the lid and let the porridge brew for another 10-20 minutes. It is best to use the mode of maintaining heat.
- Corn porridge cooked in milk can be served in its pure form, adding butter, or mixed with dried fruits or nuts.
Cook a delicious gruel on the water: a step by step recipe
If you stick to a diet or you need to prepare a tasty and satisfying side dish for meat dishes, try boiling corn grits in water. It is quite easy to do in a slow cooker - porridge will not burn, and its rich taste will certainly please all households.
- corn grits - 1 tbsp .;
- purified or boiled water - 3 tbsp .;
- Corn grits must be thoroughly washed.
- Usually corn grits are boiled in water at a ratio of 2: 5, but if you need to make some porridge, you can use proportions of 1: 3.
- Put the washed corn grits into the bowl of the multicooker, pour in water and add salt. Using a special spoon, mix all the ingredients.
- Set the desired program: "Rice-Groats", "Buckwheat" or "Multipovar" and cook until the end of the specified time.
- If the porridge turned out to be damp, then add a little water to the multicooker bowl and set the “Quenching” program for about 20-25 minutes.
- Corn porridge can be served with any meat and vegetables.
Corn porridge with meat: the best recipe for the second dish
If you do not have enough time to cook dinner, then the recipe for corn porridge with meat in a slow cooker will come to your aid. All you need to do is prepare all the ingredients, and the main function will be performed by the slow cooker.
- corn grits;
- meat (pork, beef, chicken breast, etc.);
- Rinse the meat thoroughly and cut it into portions.
- Onions clean and cut into cubes or half rings.
- Pour some sunflower oil into the bowl of the multicooker, put onions and meat. Set the "Frying" mode and stir fry thoroughly.
- After roasting the meat, place the pre-washed corn grits in the multicooker bowl, cover with water, add salt and spices. Gently tamp the top layer of cereal with a spatula.
- Install the program "Rice-Groats", "Buckwheat", "Porridge" or "Multipovar" and continue cooking until the end of the specified mode.
- The finished corn porridge with meat should be mixed and served to the table, seasoned with a sprig of greens.
Dietary porridge with vegetables
Corny porridge cooked in a slow cooker in water with vegetables is considered to be a completely dietary dish. You can add any vegetables, but most often for the preparation of such dishes use zucchini, carrots, tomatoes and onions.
- corn grits;
- sunflower oil;
- salt and spices.
- At the preparatory stage, you need to wash the corn grits and drain in a colander to get rid of excess liquid.
- At this time you can prepare the vegetables: peel the onions, zucchini and carrots and dice. If desired, carrots can be grated on a coarse grater.
- Tomatoes must first be doused with boiling water and peels are removed from them, and then cut into small cubes.
- Pour some sunflower oil into the bowl of the multicooker and add all the chopped vegetables to it. They need to be salted and seasoned with spices.
- Expose the program "Frying" and fry vegetables until done. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Put the fried vegetables in a separate dish.
- Wipe the bowl of the multicooker thoroughly with a dry towel so that no excess oil is left. Put the washed cereal and cover with water.
- Set the desired program for boiling porridge and cook before the beep.
- Then put vegetables into the bowl of the slow cooker and mix with the corn porridge.
There are many different recipes for corn porridge in a slow cooker. You can prepare a hearty breakfast, a delicious lunch or a light dinner. Corn porridge is not only very tasty, but also healthy. And with the help of a slow cooker, it is easy to cook even the most unusual dishes, because porridge in it will never burn and it will turn out crumbly and tender.