Recently, various restaurants and bars offering oriental food have increasingly begun to open. Sushi bars lure their signs, offering exclusive dishes in a beautiful design. But not everyone has the opportunity to regularly visit these institutions due to the high cost of service. In this case, you should try cooking sushi and rolls at home by yourself. Perhaps, from the first time it may turn out not very beautiful, but it is tasty!
Where to start? If possible, it is better to take a master class on sushi cooking. As a rule, a practical lesson includes the basics of using tools, explaining the nuances of cooking rice at home, the rules for cutting fish depending on the type of sushi. However, even outside these lessons you can reach heights in culinary mastery. There are a number of video tutorials on the Internet offering a detailed explanation of all the steps of the process. After constant practical skills, beautiful, correct sushi will be created easily and quickly.
The shape and colors of beautiful Japanese dishes can be varied. But it is necessary to understand that this culture does not have the concept "table service". It is rather the prerogative of the Slavic peoples. Yes, it is quite possible to choose cups for soup, bowls, plates, chopsticks, sauceboats, osybor stands in the same color scheme. For Japanese dishes, traditionally made in ceramics, porcelain or wood. The use of a lacquer-resistant coating usually prevents the material from cracking and drying out. On if you like colorful products made of food plastic, you can stop at this option.
A very important attribute when creating true sushi at homeis the presence of a bamboo mat (makisu), made specifically for participation in the dense formation of rolls. In fact, makis is a set of wooden round sticks interconnected. Sushi blanks are laid out on a bamboo mat, and then the necessary type of dish begins to form: nigiri, maki, chirashi-sushi, oshi-sushi or mixed sushi.
The mysterious culture of Japan is based on the worship of the sun, dragons, and the power of fire. Most of the recipes of Japanese cuisine are based on rice and seafood, due to the geographical features of the country.
Basic products for making sushi at home
- Rice is the basis of sushi, requires special characteristics for reliable gluing. It is advisable to choose short and rounded grains. When cooking, take 5 parts of rice to 8 parts of water. Experienced cooks can change these parameters depending on the type of rice.
- Soy sousyavlyaetsya very affordable ingredient that complements the taste of seafood.
- Rice vinegar is distinguished by a sweetish aftertaste. The use of ordinary vinegar leads to the clogging of the aroma rather gentle sushi. It is recommended not to save on its purchase.
- Wasabi refers to Japanese horseradish, can be presented in a ready and powder form. Powder is preferable, because does not include preservatives. In the post-Soviet space, soyo wasabi is most common. There is a wasabi sava, but due to its high price it is distributed only in Japan.
- Nori (special seaweed) is a dark crunchy sheets (are the basis of poppies) and is sold in small bags of 5-10 pieces. Darker color has a more palatable aroma.
- Gary, who is also pickled ginger, refreshes well the oral cavity, neutralizes the taste of food in order to be able to appreciate the high quality of the preparation of each piece of food.
- The filling can be seafood with the addition of vegetables.
As they say: the main thing is to start! And then you will add to your storehouse of information various nuances for preparing gorgeous sushi at home..