Condensed milk, or condensed milk - is not just a great delicacy, it is also one of the components of various creams for cakes and pastries. But often, buying condensed milk in the store, we are unhappy with its quality. This product sometimes even lacks the taste of milk. It is then that the thought appears to cook condensed milk on your own at home. What is the recipe for making condensed milk at home?
Cream colored condensed milk: homemade recipe
- Powdered milk - 400 g
- Boiled water - 675 ml (2.5 tbsp.)
- Sugar - 1 kg
Milk powder is combined with boiled water and mixed until the mass becomes homogeneous, without lumps. Then, we pour everything into a saucepan, in which, subsequently, condensed milk will be cooked, and heated. When the mixture is warm enough, add sugar to it. We put gas on the most minimal, and, stirring, we boil until the mass thickens. In no case can not bring the prepared mass to a boil! If bubbles still appear, remove the mixture from the fire immediately! When the mass thickens enough, remove it from the heat, but continue stirring for another two minutes. Then leave the condensed milk to cool.
White condensed milk: homemade recipe
- Milk - 250 ml (1 tbsp.)
- Powdered milk - 150 ml
- Sugar - 300 g
All ingredients are thoroughly mixed until smooth. Then, put the tank with a mass in a water bath. Cooking time is about one hour.
Condensed milk of the desired color: homemade recipe
- Fresh milk - 1 l
- Sugar - 500 g
- Soda - 1/3 tsp.
- For cooking condensed milk according to this recipe, it is best to take a pan that will have thick walls. You can cook condensed milk not only in a saucepan. For this you can use a deep griddle or a cauldron.
- All the ingredients are put in the pan. Mix everything thoroughly until sugar is completely dissolved. Then put the container on a large fire, and bring everything to a boil. Then, reduce the heat and cook for another hour and a half. We do not forget to look after the container in which condensed milk is brewed, stirring quite often.
- In this recipe, you can independently regulate how thick and what color your condensed milk will be. The longer you cook it, the thicker and darker it will become. But, consider the fact that, cooling down, condensed milk thickens even more.
- Ready condensed milk should be stored in a glass jar with a lid in the refrigerator. From the specified number of products out 450 ml of condensed milk.
Brown condensed milk: homemade recipe
- Milk - 1 L
- Sugar - 300 g
Pour the milk into the pot, set on the fire, bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Stirring occasionally, evaporate the milk for an hour. Then add sugar to the milk, mix and evaporate for another hour. Carefully ensure that the milk does not burn. Store the finished condensed milk in a glass jar with a lid, in the refrigerator, not longer than one month.
Condensed milk prepared by any of the above methods can be preserved for a long time. You need to shift the condensed milk into a glass jar, roll it up with a metal lid and sterilize the jar for ten minutes.
See also:How to cook condensed milk in a slow cooker?
You can add the prepared condensed milk to coffee, tea, boiled water. In addition, this condensed milk is perfect for making cream for cake or pastries. In addition, you can cook and condensed milk. Read about this in the article How to cook condensed milk in a jar ?.
Enjoy your meal!