Few people are not familiar with such a dish as borscht. In winter, there is nothing more pleasant than a hot soup with sour cream. But in summer, when it’s already hot outside, I don’t want to eat hot soups at lunch. Therefore, the perfect alternative will be cooking cold pickled beetroot borsch, which has just an amazing amount of useful substances.
Beetroot marinated beets
- Potatoes - 6 pcs.
- Marinated beets - 6 pcs.
- Fresh cucumbers - 4 pcs.
- Green onions - 2 tsp.
- Horseradish, mustard, sugar, vinegar - to taste
- Cut the beets into small cubes. Put in a saucepan, pour water and add vinegar. Light a fire and boil the beets for 20 minutes. after the water boils.
- After that, strain and cool the broth, and transfer the beets to another container. Boil the potatoes in a uniform.
- Wash and dice the cucumbers. Peel and chop the onion.
- Stir all the vegetables and season them with mustard, sugar, salt, horseradish, pour broth of pickled beets. Your beetroot ready!
- Sprinkle with chopped greens before serving.
How to cook summer soup?
- Beets - 200 g
- Boiled potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Kefir - 2 glasses
- Boiled chicken egg - ½ pcs.
- Broth from pickled beets - 1,5 glass
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp. l
- Dill, green onions, salt - to taste
- Salt kefir, pour broth there and mix everything.
- Cut the potatoes and beets into strips. Mix them and pour a mixture of kefir and beet broth.
- Wash and shred green onions and dill. Cook a boiled chicken egg and let it cool. Peel and boil the potatoes.
- Add chopped greens to beetroot before serving. Put half a boiled egg. Dress the borsch with sour cream.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.
How to cook cold soup?
- Cucumbers - 5 pcs.
- Beets - 300 g
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Sorrel - 200 g
- Sour cream - 1 cup
- Sour milk - 2 glasses
- Dill, chopped green onions - 8 tbsp. l
- Salt - to taste
- Sort through and wash your sorrel. Cut it and put it in boiling water, boil it and drain it in a colander. Let it cool.
- Cut the marinated beets into strips. Put it together with the sorrel in the pan.
- Wash, peel the cucumbers, finely chop and put in the pan to other vegetables. Pour the yogurt and put finely chopped green onions and dill. Salt and add sour cream.
- Before serving, decorate it with a boiled egg.
- Boiled potatoes are best served separately.
Cold beet soup: the best recipe
- Kefir - 0.5 L
- Fresh cucumber - 1 pc.
- Cooked sausage - 150 g
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Marinated beets - 250 g
- Water - 750 ml
- Dill, parsley, green onions - to taste
- Sugar, salt, lemon juice - to taste
- Peel the sausage and cut into cubes.
- Wash the cucumbers and crumble them into small pieces.
- Wash the eggs and boil them hard-boiled. Then cool, peel and chop finely.
- Wash greens, dry and chop.
- Put the marinated beets in the pan. Put the eggs, herbs and sausage.
- Mix the kefir with water. Pour the mixture into the pan. Add lemon juice, salt and sugar. Mix everything thoroughly and refrigerate. If you want, you can add a small amount of sour cream to the beetroot. Your cold soup is ready!
How to cook beetroot cold pickled beets?
Prepare a cold beetroot can of greens and vegetables. Season with lemon juice, apple, ordinary or wine vinegar, which will give the dish a more sour taste. In addition, kefir or kvass, meat, potatoes, sausage, and even beet tops are added to such borscht.
But the easiest way - cooking beetroot without additives. If you don’t have the main ingredient, pickled beets, you can make it yourself..
For pickling beets:
- Beets - 3 pcs.
- Vinegar - 3 tbsp. l
- Salt - to taste
- Cucumbers - 3 pcs.
- Marinated beets - 3 pcs.
- Water - 3 liters
- Dill, green onions - 3 bunches
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Citric acid, salt - to taste
- Wash and boil the beets. When it cools, rub it on a grater and put it in a separate bowl. Then season with vinegar and salt. Cover with a plate and leave to infuse.
- Pour boiled water into the pot for the beetroot and salt it. Then leave to cool. The easiest way to do this is in the evening.
- The next day, start cooking. Wash the eggs and boil them hard-boiled. Put them in cold water to cool faster.
- Cut the finished beets into strips. Wash and slice also the cucumbers.
- Wash the herbs and chop it.
- All prepared components of the future beetroot fold into a pot of boiled water. Pour into the remaining marinade. Mix well.
- Try the resulting soup, add vinegar and salt. Put it in the fridge so that it is completely cold. Serve the beetroot soup on the table along with sour cream and young boiled potatoes.
Cold borscht - one of the most successful dishes for the summer. It has an unusual taste and perfectly refreshing in the heat. For the preparation of such beetroot can use a variety of ingredients. An unusual dish with fish, fresh or smoked.