Cold appetizers, which are prepared for the festive table, can be divided into native Russians: jellied meat, aspic, smoked meat, pickled vegetables - and European: tartlets, rolls, canapes. Both serve for serving before the first course.
The best cold appetizers are those that cause appetite, so they use a lot of juicy vegetables and spices to make them. Meals should not be high in calories and fat, because there is still a big holiday table ahead.
Hostesses cold snacks help out when the hot dish is still being prepared, and the guests have already sat down at the table. It is advantageous to cook small snacks, which is enough for everyone. Do not forget that snacks for the festive table can be beneficial to decorate the table, the main thing - to show imagination.
Jellied - a traditional snack for the festive table
Aspic is a good substitute for real brawn, and it is prepared once or twice.
- Ham or boiled tongue - 500 g
- Red pepper (fresh) - 1pcs
- Gelatin - 20 g
- Greens - 1 bunch
- Carrots - 2 pieces
- Green peas - 1b.
- Ground black pepper
- Language or ham cut into cubes, fold while on the plate. Boil carrots in salted water for 25 minutes. Pepper wash, peel and chop. Flip the peas on a strainer so that it stacks. Rinse greens and finely crumble.
- Dip gelatin in boiled water, keeping proportions according to the instructions. Bring to a boil to dissolve. Salt the gelatin water and add black pepper.
- Now get a set of low glasses, you can buy plastic. Spread ham / tongue, carrot, peas, pepper and greens in portions. Pour gelatin, wait 20 minutes for it to cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Before pouring the filler, hold the cups in hot water for a couple of seconds. Garnish the dish with greens and lettuce leaves, and lay a jellied on top.
Salads in tartlets for the festive table
Salads for tartlets should be light and tender, because this is just a snack to the festive table. Use better ready tartlets, so you will save time and effort. Salads can be prepared and classic (crab and Olivier), but the vegetable salad with sour cream and radish will be surprisingly tasty.
- Radish - 500 g
- Sour cream - 250 g
- Cucumbers - 2 pcs
- Cranberries for decoration
- Rinse all vegetables and herbs. Radish and cucumbers finely chopped, mixed with sour cream, salt and spread on tartlets.
- Garnish with radish pieces, cranberries and greens on top. Keep the salad in the fridge until the feast.
Colored cheese balls for the holiday table
Balls of melted curds have long been a classic snack for the holiday table. Someone rolls them in coconut chips, someone - in crab sticks, but this taste has already become boring for everyone. Cold appetizers for the holiday table should be beautiful, original and tasty, so do not be afraid to change recipes, preparing for new ones.
- Melted curds - 4 pcs
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp.
- Eggs - 4 pcs
- Sesame - 10 g
- Greens - 1 bunch
- Paprika - 10 g
- Olives without stones - 1b.
- Cool the cheese, grate it with fine teeth, add garlic if desired. Boil eggs, peel and rub. Add Mayo.
- Hands better to lower in cold water, so it was convenient to sculpt balls. Inside, put an olive.
- Sesame fry for 2 minutes, put on a plate. Pour the wig also on the saucer. Wash greens, finely chop.
- Now roll in the cheese balls in different plates, so that the part was red, green and with sesame.
Do not forget that the main success of the festive table is in the good mood of the hosts, table setting and tasty treats, so do not miss the details! Cook with pleasure, festive mood!